46 replies to this topic

#21 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Looks like the 17th is the day, after checking with my wife she kindly reminded me that my son's Xmas Play is on the 18th O0.

Shoot me an e-mail at c1courtney at gmail dot com and we'll set up arrangements. I figure we can car pool to save on gas. Depending on were everyone lives we can figure where to meet up.

I've managed to figure out most everything as well, including the location of the final, but I plan on trying to do the whole thing the way it was meant to be done for the full experience. Looks like there's a number of good caches close by some of the stops as well.

TAZ427

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Looks like the 17th is the day, after checking with my wife she kindly reminded me that my son's Xmas Play is on the 18th O0.

Shoot me an e-mail at c1courtney at gmail dot com and we'll set up arrangements. I figure we can car pool to save on gas. Depending on were everyone lives we can figure where to meet up.

I've managed to figure out most everything as well, including the location of the final, but I plan on trying to do the whole thing the way it was meant to be done for the full experience. Looks like there's a number of good caches close by some of the stops as well.

TAZ427

Agreed.
Posted Image

#23 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I found a HoustonControl Geocoin.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Funny story on how that one came back to Houston last year.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Damn... looks like I missed out on a great adventure yesterday..... if only I'd paid more attention to the mysterious caption on the HGCS-forum....
Well there has always got to be a next time, anyone still interested?

Anywhere after the holidays would suit me, 1st or 2nd week of January would be an option (since I won't be back in town until January 6th)

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#26 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I attached it to the shelf with a cable. Which doesn't mean it won't get taken again, just that it shouldn't get accidentally taken...
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#27 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

There seems to be a reference to the past guardian in a company newsletter of the cache owner. He refers to him twice. Once as Our Hero and at the end for running all red lights.
Posted Image

#28 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I attached it to the shelf with a cable. Which doesn't mean it won't get taken again, just that it shouldn't get accidentally taken...

Yeah, the ball in chain (Bowling Ball w/ attached chain) that ToastyTreat took up there a couple months back looks to have had the Dog Tag removed. I was looking to get the code so I could re-discover it there but the Dog Tag was missing.

We had a great time doing this trip. The final cache was great. I've never seen so much effort put into a final which makes the overall effort of going through each of the stages that much more valuable. No Bison tube at the end of a long tunnel like effort.

Posted Image Posted Image

#29 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I will be in Austin with my Bride 11 and 12 of this month and I am not sure we will attempt this due to the amount of time it takes. She tolerates a lot of my geocaching and will want to see more of the city.

TXGA SETX Representative

#30 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

I will be in Austin with my Bride 11 and 12 of this month and I am not sure we will attempt this due to the amount of time it takes. She tolerates a lot of my geocaching and will want to see more of the city.

You have been married twelve times and you plan on caching with wives 11 and 12? :stirpot:

Posted Image

#31 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

LOL Yes. I am a Mormon.

TXGA SETX Representative

#32 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Bert, you misspelled "Moron".

You could always start on the Necropolis cache and do a few stops.  You can quit when the bride (brides?) starts rolling her eyes and giving you that, "I'm ready to go eat and then maybe do some shopping" look.

• Dhaulaghiri and green-eyed like this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#33 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Bert, you misspelled "Moron".

You could always start on the Necropolis cache and do a few stops.  You can quit when the bride (brides?) starts rolling her eyes and giving you that, "I'm ready to go eat and then maybe do some shopping" look.

I am glad I wasn't reading this while drinking coffee. I think those new stents that Larry received are increasing the blood to his brain. I doubt he would have been able to find the trophy without the stents. :coolsmiley:

• Dhaulaghiri likes this
Posted Image

#34 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

I fear I'll run into the same problem with my ((1) one) wife.... but maybe we can join forces: Let them sightsee/shop, Let us crack NOBM3!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#35 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Take the time to do the cache Bert it is well worth it.

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

You have been married twelve times and you plan on caching with wives 11 and 12? :stirpot:

Bert it does take you all over the city to some great spots.  I have a cheat sheet I can send you as well that will speed it up a bit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 ~windknot~

~windknot~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMissouri City

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

We were in Bastrop this weekend and were considering making a trip in to do this one but nobody wanted to get out in the heat of the day for that long.  Now that I have them primed for the idea, I'm pretty sure we'll make the trip when it cools off some.

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=d30725e

#38 ~windknot~

~windknot~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMissouri City

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

It looks like I'll be in Austin this weekend and if so I plan on doing this cache Saturday afternoon.   :laugh:

If anyone who's done this doesn't mind a PAF if I get stuck, please PM me your number.   :smiley6600:  Thanks.

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=d30725e

#39 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

There are too many fricken people in that city.  :tickedoff:

TXGA SETX Representative

#40 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Definitely avoid the fricken ones. And go to La Barbecue on the south side for a BBQ lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users