• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Starting the end of next week I am going to be starting an attempt to find a cache a day for a year. To that end, may I suggest that people need to start releasing more in the West Houston area. Come on people, help me out here.

Eagle
Posted Image

#2 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Release the caches! SEGA!

TXGA SETX Representative

#3 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Starting the end of next week I am going to be starting an attempt to find a cache a day for a year. To that end, may I suggest that people need to start releasing more in the West Houston area. Come on people, help me out here.

Eagle

I will be asking PR to archive all caches in the area to deter you from going insane.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

If you can pull that off, it would put me in great shape to do one heck of a power trail.

Eagle
Posted Image

#5 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Maybe everyone should archive and relist their caches as V2 (version 2) of a cache. They wouldn't have to go out and replace anything just archive and relist!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Uhhhhh, you've got a new baby. You've got more important things to take care of. DO NOT try to do a straight year of cacheing. It almost makes it NOT fun after a while. My $.02.
  • log dawgs likes this

#7 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Uhhhhh, you've got a new baby. You've got more important things to take care of. DO NOT try to do a straight year of cacheing. It almost makes it NOT fun after a while. My $.02.

Is the marriage advice coming next? If so I could always use that. I do agree caching for a year in a row is monotonous at best for many days.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I don't want to see another flurry of low quality urban caches pop up just because you need to keep a streak going.
There is already too many of those out there.
My 2 cents!
  • HoustonControl and log dawgs like this
Posted Image

#9 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Kianlo and Mr Muddy Buddy are right on both counts! :cheers:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Kianlo and Mr Muddy Buddy are right on both counts! :cheers:

Ditto. My streak was 150 and it was boring and tedious on most days and took the fun out of caching on most days. It also takes a life of its own.
Posted Image

#11 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

HEY! I resemble that remark...

I don't want to see another flurry of low quality urban caches pop up just because you need to keep a streak going.
My 2 cents!

TXGA SETX Representative

#12 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I pretty much would like for people to mail me their caches. I'd sign the logs, do a little maintenance on them, post a photo with an adventerous story and eat a hotdog at the same time... like HoustonControl. Oh, and the cache would have a prepaid return mailer attached.

Edited by Baytown Bert, 07 November 2012 - 11:01 AM.

• log dawgs likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#13 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

My 2 cents!

There is now a new series about that. I purposely did not put out challenge caches over 100 days for that reason. There are now two with more than a year. I felt 100 days in a row was good enough for most. It is a challenge in itself but does not require most to become insane. Trust me I know an insane cacher when I see them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

I pretty much would like for people to mail me their caches. I'd sign the logs, do a little maintenance on them, post a photo with an adventerous story and eat a hotdog at the same time... like HoustonControl. Oh, and the cache would have a prepaid return mailer attached.

At least there would be maintenance done on many more caches.
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 pagirlintx

pagirlintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKingwood, TX

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

My 2 cents!

There is now a new series about that. I purposely did not put out challenge caches over 100 days for that reason. There are now two with more than a year. I felt 100 days in a row was good enough for most. It is a challenge in itself but does not require most to become insane. Trust me I know an insane cacher when I see them.

Err, because you're looking in a mirror big Dawg?!

I did 366 days in a row and there's now a cache for that simply as a bribe by my kiddos to get me to STOP. You'll not some insane posse people are still going...
Blessings Be, S

#16 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

My 2 cents!

Err, because you're looking in a mirror big Dawg?!

I did 366 days in a row and there's now a cache for that simply as a bribe by my kiddos to get me to STOP. You'll not some insane posse people are still going...

I thought you would like that post. Pot calling kettle black are you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 pagirlintx

pagirlintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKingwood, TX

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

LOL. My dear big Dawg...I believe I'm about up to 21 multis in a weeks time so far for the next crazy challenge. Going for one of yours tomorrow. Please thank TREA for that little bit o'joy!
Blessings Be, S

#18 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

LOL. My dear big Dawg...I believe I'm about up to 21 multis in a weeks time so far for the next crazy challenge. Going for one of yours tomorrow. Please thank TREA for that little bit o'joy!

See that's not fair at all. You know about a challenge not even published. To be real honest caching is not really on my mind right now. This is.....Just happen to be going with a caching buddy and hosting a few events as well....... :laugh:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 pagirlintx

pagirlintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKingwood, TX

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

See that's not fair at all. You know about a challenge not even published. To be real honest caching is not really on my mind right now. This is.....Just happen to be going with a caching buddy and hosting a few events as well....... :laugh:
Posted Image

Yes, I heard about that today. Congrats. I'd like a nice souvenir (grins)! And isn't there some rule that a caching event has to be more than you & R?! I'm sure you have BOTH already checked out every cache within walking/diving/driving distance of every port of call...hence...THINKING. ABOUT. CACHING.

Be safe and see you when you get back my friend! (And, yes, the picture made me sooooo jealous!)
Blessings Be, S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users