• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cachecachebabybaby

cachecachebabybaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Got a puzzle that's driving me nuts! I've spent more time than I could accurately guess working on this 9and I think I've used about a forest of trees attempting the solve). Each time a hint is given to me, it drives me in a new direction ... toward insanity! :crazy2: Any and all help will be much appreciated (I'd like to get my life back!)

Looking for some direction on how to do math on the keyboard using this clue:

ApyLofJw oQQkOsZ

Starting coords are: N 42 00.000 W 071 00.000

I'm told GZ is located approximately 2.1 from bogus coords.

CO has supplied the following hints:

1. Think about what the letters could mean and how they might convert to numbers.
(when I asked if he meant "p" could look like a 6 or 9 // "L" could look like 7 // "w" could be 3 // etc., he said "no, don't try to see what numbers the letters look like")

2. It's NOT any type of font or cipher.
(NOT is in the title of the cache ... a clue for 3 letter groupings? capital letters? a "skip" of 3?)

3. It's not anything I've ever seen before.
(he's said this is a puzzle he created himself, it's not based on any known code or cipher)

4. The first part is north, second west
I was later told >> Apy... North QQk... West
... and It's N41 W71

5. The caps may, or may not mean anything, but it's not the main part of the puzzle.

6. This is like an encryption, this can only be solved in one direction. You wouldn't be able to know what the puzzle was going to be by looking at the coords.

7. I'm going to be placing another puzzle, maybe tomorrow, that is a 3* and will be a clue on where to start looking.
The second puzzle consisted of counting distance from one letter to the next with two calculations involving addition.

8. I wrote: "I've used addition and subtraction using spaces between the letters, rows they're located on, etc."
His reply: Are you talking about the keyboard? That goes with the clue "at the tips of your fingers"
I'd do some more research in this direction.

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

This cache? NOT Another Font Puzzle

I wonder if it has anything to do with which fingers on which hand you type those letters with, using standard finger placement on the keyboard -- left hand on the ASDF keys and right hand on the JKL: keys?

Edited by HoustonControl, 24 October 2012 - 09:27 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I wonder if it has anything to do with which fingers on which hand you type those letters with, using standard finger placement on the keyboard -- left hand on the ASDF keys and right hand on the JKL: keys?

ha ha. Let's see...I use the left index finger for the left half of the keyboard, and the right index finger for the right half of the keyboard.... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Posted Image

#4 cachecachebabybaby

cachecachebabybaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

ha ha. Let's see...I use the left index finger for the left half of the keyboard, and the right index finger for the right half of the keyboard.... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Well now ... that's a lot of help! ;D

#5 cachecachebabybaby

cachecachebabybaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yup, that's the brain buster!
(sorry ... should have multi-quoted) :::doh:::

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Glad I took typing in 7th grade. Yep, it was typing (with a typewriter) and not "keyboarding" like they teach today.

#7 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Glad I took typing in 7th grade. Yep, it was typing (with a typewriter) and not "keyboarding" like they teach today.

Larry,
You are dating yourself. (How is that relationship going for you?)

Eagle
Posted Image

#8 cachecachebabybaby

cachecachebabybaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Figures ... been looking at this forever, finally posted for some help, and now I've figured it out. Thanks for the input! :)

#9 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Too late to get the FTF it looks like...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users