688 replies to this topic

#681 Mrs. ATMA

Mrs. ATMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationHome Sweet Home

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

I think everyone is out of town. Raven was the FTF on my I survived Ike at 2:45 today.  He gave me a shout-out that he found the cache and was in shock that he was FTF so late.  Is everyone still asleep or cleaning house like me?

Well, we're not FTF hounds but we are finally back in town now and it's house cleaning time as I have to go back to work on Monday.  :'(  I was really enjoying being off on a mini vacation.  Now it's back to reality.

Did you have any flooding or Ike damage?  We've been wondering since you seemed to be in the hard hit area of town.

Yes we did have some damage but am very fortunate compared to others in the area.  We will need to put a new roof on the house, garage and pump house and insulation under the house, replace doors on the garage and the house back door.  No water damage, thank goodness.  The insurance adjusters have not come out yet, hopefully sometime this week. I am so ready to get someone in here to get things fixed.  Tim will have his hands filled dealing with all this in the next couple of weeks. 

I have to report to work on Monday for a check in and see what needs to be done and what can be done from a home office as the building still does not have working facilities, water or fire alarms, so it will be interesting to find out where we go from here.  The lab staff will not be coming back to work until after October 20th.  Only the faculty will be allowed in the labs to deal with the damage.  Thank goodness we are located on the third floor. 

I wonder about Lefty Writers Lab as I believe it was in the basement of one of the buildings and all the buildings had at least 4 foot of water on the first floors.  UTMB is a mess and will take some time to get back to normal.  I am very fortunate to have full remote access to my computer and files so that I can work from home if need be.

Thank you for asking about us, that was very kind of you.

#682 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

What did I get from the storm?  A wet carpet, 3 sections of fence fell done, and most importantly a citation from the citation for not mowing and edging the grass.  Too bad they don't give citation for not fishing enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#683 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

Well I am back in the FTF hunt. Got one tonight.
O0 O0 O0
Posted ImagePosted Image

#684 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

O0 O0 O0

yep, I let you have that one.  ;)

#685 TeamThung

TeamThung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationWhere Ever The GPSr or Lifesized TB Takes Us

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

O0 O0 O0

That's what I'm talking about!!! O0 O0 O0

#686 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

I don't think of myself as FTF hound because it usually isn't a good time for me to go for them when they pop up.  I mean if I'm planning a caching run or have some free time and they aren't too far I'll try for them but that's about it.  I may have to re-think this.  This morning I made a 60 mile round trip for one cache!  I had just finished sumitting two new caches of my own when a new one was published.  It was 24 miles from the house which is about the average for me for new caches up here.  For some reason the bug bit and bit hard so I was out the door in less than 10 minutes!  I didn't take the time to load it into the nuvi so I beat a hasty but somewhat erratic path to the cache.  I arrived less than an hour after it was published to find a virgin log.  I think I may now be hooked!

The email notification was kind of strange though.  It said, "mtn=man published JPhelah145 (Tradtional Cache)".  It turns out JPhelan is the cache owner and the cache name is "Rolling Radiant Thunder" - GC1KMV8.  Very odd I thought. 

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#687 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

So what is a FTF hound?  I suspect there are different ideas about this.  I have 245 FTFs but I don't consider myself a FTF hound.  I like to get them when I can, don't get me wrong, but I'm not fanatical about it.  I don't get notifications on my phone and run out the door.  The last one I got had been out for over a week before I went looking for it and even then I tied it in with some cache maintenance nearby.  I am often beat to the FTF but it is fun to get them when I can.  Do I try?  Sure, often I see one is published and not yet logged online and I go to see if I can be first.  But not all the time (just most of the time ;)) and not in the dead of night.  :) :)

So, I'll keep racking them up but only as it's convenient to me, especially with the cost of gas.  Funny how peple think $1.68 is cheap now.  I still think that's expensive.  ;D

#688 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have 245 FTFs

Respectfully, you're a FTF hound!  O0

Convenient or not, that's A LOT!
:)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#689 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

I have 245 FTFs

Respectfully, you're a FTF hound!  O0

Convenient or not, that's A LOT!
:)

The Pastor's 100 series helped with those numbers.  I went out with some others to hunt them and we got a LOT of FTFs on them (most of the FTFs).  That pushed me up there to start with.  I still remember my first FTF.  I hadn't really gotten the concept but had read logs where people claimed FTF.  There was a new one out in the woods nearby so I decided to give it a try.  Lost some blood that day but had fun.  The cache was named Briars and Brambles  :o and he meant it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users