688 replies to this topic

#621 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

a small token (wood, metal, coin, etc.) be used to actually be placed in the cache. 

I was thinking more like the Survivor "Immunity Idol".  The finder of the FTF idol, can designate a cacher to be sent to "Exile Island".

Posted Image

#622 TeamThung

TeamThung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationWhere Ever The GPSr or Lifesized TB Takes Us

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

[
FTFC52 - Depth Perception

It comes with a lot of angst and sadness that I have to report that the final container for FTFC #52 is missing, along with the trophy.

I went out today to check on it and all that remained was the tether which was clearly cut on the cache side. I'm going to leave it active for now, so that folks continue to work on it.

A couple of things:
1. If you find the final cache coordinates before I can re-group, please contact / e-mail me for credit. Phone calls cannot be allowed, since not everyone has my number.
2. I do plan to put out a new final, but I'll need to work with PA to determine the rules for changing the final location, since I'm probably not going to place it anywhere near the last.
3. I will create a new FTF trophy, since it was lost on my watch. I will collect ideas for a new design.
4. I left a large, pink bison capsule (very large tube) with a note at GZ, imploring anyone who might know about the cache to call me. I suspect it was local kids who stumbled on it. I'm hoping that they just don't take the bison capsule and actually call me, if they have info or, better yet, the trophy.
5. Finally, in the future, should I ever have the chance to be FTF on a challenge, I will not place the trophy in the container, but will work out alternate arrangements for delivery to the FTF'er.

I am terribly sorry to have this happen. I know this meant a lot to many folks across the Houston area, me included.

I would like to get feedback from the HGCS folks on any ideas you may have for a new trophy. 

In the mean time, death threats are expected and encouraged... :knuppel2:

This is why geocachers hate muggles.

I think that is a gross over statement.  Why would you hate anyone who doesn't have malicious (sp) intent? Most of the time it is as GF said, kids being kids!

i reject your reality and substitute it with my own :)

What's that supposed to mean?

He's delusional! :uglystupid2:

#623 Jarihend

Jarihend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

One suggestion would be to get donations from those who have found it and have it made then engraved with all who have had the trophy. Just a suggestion.

#624 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

[

It comes with a lot of angst and sadness that I have to report that the final container for FTFC #52 is missing, along with the trophy.

I went out today to check on it and all that remained was the tether which was clearly cut on the cache side. I'm going to leave it active for now, so that folks continue to work on it.

A couple of things:
1. If you find the final cache coordinates before I can re-group, please contact / e-mail me for credit. Phone calls cannot be allowed, since not everyone has my number.
2. I do plan to put out a new final, but I'll need to work with PA to determine the rules for changing the final location, since I'm probably not going to place it anywhere near the last.
3. I will create a new FTF trophy, since it was lost on my watch. I will collect ideas for a new design.
4. I left a large, pink bison capsule (very large tube) with a note at GZ, imploring anyone who might know about the cache to call me. I suspect it was local kids who stumbled on it. I'm hoping that they just don't take the bison capsule and actually call me, if they have info or, better yet, the trophy.
5. Finally, in the future, should I ever have the chance to be FTF on a challenge, I will not place the trophy in the container, but will work out alternate arrangements for delivery to the FTF'er.

I am terribly sorry to have this happen. I know this meant a lot to many folks across the Houston area, me included.

I would like to get feedback from the HGCS folks on any ideas you may have for a new trophy. 

I think that is a gross over statement.  Why would you hate anyone who doesn't have malicious (sp) intent? Most of the time it is as GF said, kids being kids!

Let's wait for his explanation.

It means we can agree to disagree. However, age & experience trumps youth & enthusiasm most of the time!  >:D

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#625 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

i'm just saying that the things that i say are said with a saying that is often not spoken

#626 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

i'm just saying that the things that i say are said with a saying that is often not spoken

SAY WHAT?

#627 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

SAY WHAT?

???  ???  ???

#628 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

I think it might be time for someone to give a lesson on how to take only parts of quotes so that we don't have so much "quote art". 
Posted Image

#629 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:42 AM

"quote art".

But it can be so pretty.... :2funny:

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#630 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60049#msg60049 date=1209483363]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60048#msg60048 date=1209483311]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60047#msg60047 date=1209483285]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60046#msg60046 date=1209483255]
[quote author=CANINE QUEEN link=topic=891.msg60004#msg60004 date=1209429363]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg59993#msg59993 date=1209422742]
[quote author=TeamThung link=topic=891.msg59986#msg59986 date=1209407300]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg59985#msg59985 date=1209407089]
[quote author=AggieJWP link=topic=891.msg59962#msg59962 date=1209393784]
[quote author=CANINE QUEEN link=topic=891.msg59922#msg59922 date=1209346548]
[quote author=AggieJWP link=topic=891.msg59917#msg59917 date=1209344183]
[quote author=GrangerFam link=topic=891.msg59907#msg59907 date=1209330729]
[quote author=GrangerFam link=topic=891.msg59515#msg59515 date=1208954660]
[
[/quote]

A couple of things:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It means we can agree to disagree. However, age & experience trumps youth & enthusiasm most of the time!   >:D
[/quote]

Isn't that called wisdom?

Plus, just wanted to see how big we can get this quote to look if we all keep hitting the quote button...  :D
[/quote]

It's starting to look.....nifty.
[/quote]

Call it, "Quote Art"
[/quote]

Or a topo-quote
[/quote]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60059#msg60059 date=1209487369]
[quote author=Muddy Buddies link=topic=891.msg60053#msg60053 date=1209484891]
"quote art". [/quote]

[/quote]
It is also fun to build the artwork
Posted ImagePosted Image

#631 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

how about we help GrangerFam figure out how to construct a new FTF trophy

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#632 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

Really, you're right.  If there is going to be some discussion for it shouldn't it have it's own thread?  This thread started a loooong time ago (relatively speaking) and wasn't about the trophy but about FTF Hounds.  It's just been hijacked so often (guilty as charged) that it just fell out here.

Nor should it be, respectfully, about helping GrangerFam, it should be about the community.  He didn't lose the trophy. It could have happened to anyone.  It's not his fault, which should be obvious.

So, perhaps a new thread is in order? 

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#633 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Actually I've been thinking about creating a new board for it.
I think there is room in Houston for two trophies.  :)

But yea, this really not the right thread.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#634 zoothornrollo

zoothornrollo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationClear Lake City

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

Quote-art?  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  They drive me crazy!  I wish there was a way to block them if you are reading through a thread.

#635 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

You know I tried to start a second to find trophy once and it didn't even last a cache.  :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#636 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote-art?  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  They drive me crazy!  I wish there was a way to block them if you are reading through a thread.

Deleted ours.  They were silly, anyway.  :)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#637 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

[quote author=ohl hockey guy link=topic=891.msg60061#msg60061 date=1209487747]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60049#msg60049 date=1209483363]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60048#msg60048 date=1209483311]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60047#msg60047 date=1209483285]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60046#msg60046 date=1209483255]
[quote author=CANINE QUEEN link=topic=891.msg60004#msg60004 date=1209429363]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg59993#msg59993 date=1209422742]
[quote author=TeamThung link=topic=891.msg59986#msg59986 date=1209407300]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg59985#msg59985 date=1209407089]
[quote author=AggieJWP link=topic=891.msg59962#msg59962 date=1209393784]
[quote author=CANINE QUEEN link=topic=891.msg59922#msg59922 date=1209346548]
[quote author=AggieJWP link=topic=891.msg59917#msg59917 date=1209344183]
[quote author=GrangerFam link=topic=891.msg59907#msg59907 date=1209330729]
[quote author=GrangerFam link=topic=891.msg59515#msg59515 date=1208954660]
[
[/quote]

A couple of things:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It means we can agree to disagree. However, age & experience trumps youth & enthusiasm most of the time!   >:D
[/quote]

Isn't that called wisdom?

Plus, just wanted to see how big we can get this quote to look if we all keep hitting the quote button...  :D
[/quote]

It's starting to look.....nifty.
[/quote]

Call it, "Quote Art"
[/quote]

Or a topo-quote
[/quote]
[quote author=OneStepCloser link=topic=891.msg60059#msg60059 date=1209487369]
[quote author=Muddy Buddies link=topic=891.msg60053#msg60053 date=1209484891]
"quote art". [/quote]

[/quote]
It is also fun to build the artwork
[/quote]
Just don't mess it up

#638 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

The "quote art" is pretty amusing, but seriously (I know, bad word) how do you quote someone's post that has a bunch of quotes in it without including all of them?  Some day, probably in the far distant future, I hope I get to stop saying "how do you"!  ???

#639 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

The "quote art" is pretty amusing, but seriously (I know, bad word) how do you quote someone's post that has a bunch of quotes in it without including all of them? Some day, probably in the far distant future, I hope I get to stop saying "how do you"!  ???

you just delete what we struck out. (as an example)

Some day, probably in the far distant future, I hope I get to stop saying "how do you"!  ???

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#640 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

you just delete what we struck out. (as an example)

[quote author=CANINE QUEEN link=topic=891.msg60094#msg60094 date=1209507756]
Some day, probably in the far distant future, I hope I get to stop saying "how do you"!  ???
[/quote]

[/quote]
Trying it. Ah ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users