688 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

B) stop at the  dozen or so Pepper's BTH caches I past.  Left the house at 6:05 am --- arrived at work at 8:20am. 

Leave earlier next time.    Just saying, I am.
Posted Image

#22 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

Leave earlier next time.    Just saying, I am.

Got it.  I knew that I did something wrong.  O0

Let's see, if I go to bed at 2am and get up at 3am,  that gives me five hours to drive up to Huntsville and do the Four Cache Loop and return before work.  :) Then during my morning coffee break I could solve about a half dozen of PiMan314's puzzle caches.  ;)  At lunch, i could wipe out all of the BTH caches on the southside. ;D  On my way home I could swing up to the NW for the "Mother's Day" series.  ::) And finally, just to make it a challenging day, I could find each and every cache placed by ParkerPlus!  :D

No that won't work....my pen is out of ink.  I guess I will just have to postpone this fantasy.  :'( :'(

#23 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

Sorry, TDW, there's not much we can do for you!  You've gone off the deep end. 

Posted Image

#24 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

STAN!!!!

It's bedtime!!!!! >:(

#25 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

STAN!!!!

Would this translate to something like Stan, shut up?  :D
Posted Image

#26 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:47 PM

STAN!!!!

Would this translate to something like Stan, shut up?  :D

Only in a nice way from a friend. :)

#27 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

Congrats to TDW on the new cache by FTF (can't remember the name right now), that was a toughie! O0

#28 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

Congrats to TDW on the new cache by FTF (can't remember the name right now), that was a toughie! O0

Have already given TDW congrats on another thread.  Agree this one was a toughie.  Looking for something we can actually do.  ???   Has anyone noticed that there were very few other caches coming up in the SW area?  Everything Friday night and Saturday seems to be way north or south.  Guess we will just have to hide one this week.

#29 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

Have already given TDW congrats on another thread.  Agree this one was a toughie.  Looking for something we can actually do.  ???   Has anyone noticed that there were very few other caches coming up in the SW area?  Everything Friday night and Saturday seems to be way north or south.  Guess we will just have to hide one this week.

This just means it's time to do a roadtrip to another part of town.  If you stay in your own part of town only, then you're really missing out on some other great hides. 

However, go ahead and hide that cache.  We always look forward to your caches. 
Posted Image

#30 TennesseeFlyBoy

TennesseeFlyBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationFt. Bend County

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

From looking at logs on new caches, I see that MAES is back in form. Earlier today I learned about a new Pepper cache that published this morning and since it is only 7 miles from me, I headed out, expecting to see about half a dozen cars there. I figured MAES would be first since Muddie Buddies are some distance away and it published during the day. As it turned out, I managed to log an STF after Billy H. There are getting to be a number of caches along Highway 6 from Sugarland to Bayou Vista, thanks to a large degree to Pepper and Billy H.

#31 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

Thanks TFB. We did get a little lucky  ;D  last night on the Bosun cache.  We decided that we could not beat Billy H and the other Alvin cachers to Pepper's latest so we passed on a FTF run since we already had plans to do several others today. 
Finally got the TDW tribute to Munkiebread off our list-(trying to remain 100% TDW finds) O0.  Also finally got around to doing the mtp "Tower of Power" and glad we did it in daylight since finding the entryway to the ROW would be terribly tricky at night. 

#32 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:54 PM

I figured MAES would be first since Muddie Buddies are some distance away and it published during the day.

How does being published during the day affect my going after a FTF?  I work from home, so if I decide to go after something during the day I'm able to.  Mr. Muddy Buddy just wouldn't be able to go with me.  However, I wouldn't think about going that far for a FTF.  I have gotten FTFs that far, but it turned out to be a surprise that I wasn't beaten to the them. 
Posted Image

#33 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

I like to be FTF on caches when people least expect me to be FTF, then don't log it online until someone else does keeping the hopes of others alive only to be confronted with STF.  >:D Is that wrong of me..  :D

This is what I do, but Muddy Buddies don't like it. They want me to log it right when I get back.  :P

Sounds like someone knows you to a "T" Muddy Buddies.....ain't it nice to have a neat daughter?  We know you ran into a sandbagger today, but thanks a lot for trying.

#34 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

Calling all FTF Hounds, Calling all FTF Hounds....out of 8 new caches (none were micros) we placed on 7/6 only two have been found....there are still SIX new caches just waiting..... ::)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#35 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

Calling all FTF Hounds, Calling all FTF Hounds....out of 8 new caches (none were micros) we placed on 7/6 only two have been found....there are still SIX new caches just waiting..... ::)

Any of them down here in the boonies? We are planning a small power cache tomorrow and can include them.

#36 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:09 PM

So sorry.  I was busy doing the 288 corridor today in between assignments at work (on a Sat. --- booooo).  I bet by the time I can get over there tomorrow they are all logged...but if I am lucky..... ;)

#37 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

Seems the MB's took care of business...  O0

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#38 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

Yeah!  We got 5 of 'em today....just before the Popeteers got there!  ;)
Posted Image

#39 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:31 AM

Yeah!  We got 5 of 'em today....just before the Popeteers got there!   ;)

Thanks for the update on the coords for the first one...it took two days to try and get those placed because it was pouring rain on 7/5 and I get totally drenched....it's hard to hold an umbrella, a GPSr, a sack full of caches, mauled by mosquitos and get them placed while getting 40-50ft accuracy.  So I picked them up and headed back out on 7/6.  Satellite accuracy still stunk and I was hoping for better on #1 but never really got it.  We breathed a little easier when y'all found it.  We don't like placing caches when the satellites are so goofy but we've been trying to get some caches into this area before it was invaded by micros... ::)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#40 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

We don't like placing caches when the satellites are so goofy but we've been trying to get some caches into this area before it was invaded by micros... ::)

We appreciated the regular sized caches in the woods instead of the micros, so thanks. 
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users