9 replies to this topic

#1 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

What's the matter with you FTF hounds? This one hasn't been found and it's been published for 2.5 months? It's not terribly far away: http://coord.info/GC3R8WF
Posted Image

#2 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Just saw another one near it that hasn't been found either - http://coord.info/GC3TTQB

Could be a twofer. LD - I'm calling you out on this. It is now night time and its time for you to go to work. :NTN:
Posted Image

#3 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just saw another one near it that hasn't been found either - http://coord.info/GC3TTQB

Could be a twofer. LD - I'm calling you out on this. It is now night time and its time for you to go to work. :NTN:

I know the area well. The first one is a hider I avoid at all costs. He places caches on private property and this one looks to be no exception. The other I don't know about. I can look.

Edited by Prince, 11 October 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Here's a cache near Lake Charles that closing in on three years old and still awaiting the FTF. I'm surprised Mudfrog hasn't taken his boat over there to give it a shot.

http://coord.info/GC212H2
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#5 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Found Peach Creek hide. There was an undated sig in the log from a cacher I believe (could be wrong) to be the brother of the hider. Couldn't find Mosquito Haven II. Coordinates led to a spot that matched the hint, but no luck finding it. Doesn't seem likely to have been muggled, so it be there somewhere. If anyone finds it, I'm willing to accept a hint :what???:

#6 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

The Mosquito Haven II seems to be an EXACT replacement of the original Mosquito Haven cache the same cacher hid there that we attempted to find in April. A few others tried as well and all DNFed, and the cache was archived, then curiously this one came out with I believe the same coords. :stirpot:
We are working on planning the next SafeFromTheCity New Year's Event and were wanting to host it there at that park. However, the park is not sure right now if it will be open for that weekend, as they might be hosted a private event. Waiting to hear back on confirmation yay or nay.
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#7 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

The Mosquito Haven II seems to be an EXACT replacement of the original Mosquito Haven cache the same cacher hid there that we attempted to find in April. A few others tried as well and all DNFed, and the cache was archived, then curiously this one came out with I believe the same coords. :stirpot:

Definitely odd - I'm hoping another cacher will give it a shot one of these days. Since I've certainly had my share of DNF's on caches that were there, I am not even remotely prepared to say it's missing in action. In any case there are some other caches in the area plus you'll get to cross a cool bridge en route to GZ so it wouldn't be complete waste of time. Be sure you heed the sign and don't jump off the bridge though (not bloody likely, at least for me).

#8 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Is it possible that the CO hid the cache, nobody could find it, and it got archived but was legitimately there, an so when the CO finally got back to checking on it, just created a new cache?

Eagle
Posted Image

#9 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Is it possible that the CO hid the cache, nobody could find it, and it got archived but was legitimately there, an so when the CO finally got back to checking on it, just created a new cache?

Eagle

Possible, but I think either his coords are bad or a bigger hint is needed or something. He could have always asked PR to unarchive it, right? I think my bigger issue is the CO doesn't really live near this cache to be able to check on it regularly.
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#10 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well if he was not able to get it checked on before PR (not the most punctual) archived it the first time he probably lives farther away than he should.

Eagle
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users