Photo

Do travel bugs ever land in caches anymore?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'd like to thank everyone for their perspectives/experiences.

There seems to be considerable regional variation in the US too. We have one travel bug (and not a coin) that we started here in Texas and it moved from cache to cache (four or five times) until it moved out of state up to Minnesota. Then it bounced from cache to cache in Wisconsin--then out to the pacific northwest where it has been moving from cache to cache in Oregon and Washington. This particular travel bug has never been traded at an event until its last exchange. Now it is in someone's hands and has been for almost a month. :notme:

We have a second travel bug (again, not a coin) that we started here in Texas that went through several meetings before it ended up in a cache in Arkansas. Then "magically" it appeared almost a year later in Arizona (interesting that those are both Ax states for mail abbreviations), where it was found in a cache and taken to Washington. It landed in several caches there, but was finally taken to a Block Party where it was picked up and whisked off to Colorado. It moved from cache to cache and is currently apparently sitting in a cache waiting for the next finder. O0

We released a geocoin into the wild in northern California, and I think it was promptly moved to someone's collection. :'(

Tealcat wanted me to ask the question because of the dearth of travel bugs that we have found over the summer.

Maybe they are all getting moved to Houston ( :notme: ). We don't make it that far south very often.

Thanks again.

Oh, and if you happened to have seen the Blue Switch Geocoin at Park and Gab 53, do you remember who had it? Icefrog is in Virginia... :stirpot:

#22 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have a cache on N. Main in Baytown that I like to drop TB's in that may be compromised. TB's may be disappearing from it: GC2VKP1 I have 3 I want to drop in there, but now I have to find an alternative.

TXGA SETX Representative

#23 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Much to my (and my wife's) surprise, we picked up a trackable from a cache today! :cheers:

One of the more surprising things about it is that it isn't listed as being in the cache--only having been dipped in it.

However, I have emailed the current "in the hands of". This particular trackable has gone missing a couple of times. The first log indicates that a geocacher liberated it from the catalog of another geocacher to set it free... :stirpot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users