• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 TX Travelers

TX Travelers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Did ya'll see that Tx State Parks are going to release more caches?!!  Oct 1st !!

STATE PARKS

Try These Cool Activities for Cooler Weather family-camping-0064_original_crop.jpg

With the fall comes opportunity for a change of pace. Try these activities to celebrate and enjoy the cooler season.

September – Geocaching Go on a treasure hunt the whole family can enjoy – geocaching! Geocaching turns our digital devices into a healthy way to be in nature. Try the Texas State Parks Geocache Challenge. Check back for new cache coordinates will be released on October 1 at 8:00 a.m.

#22 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

woohoo!!  looking forward to some cool weather camping.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#23 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

We hope to continue working on the State Park Geochallenge.  Right now I think we have about 64 caches and working towards 80.  Hopefully, the October 1 won't start the count all over again. 

Posted Image

#24 hafgar

hafgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

Has anyone logged the cache at LBJ state park? I found it sometime ago and somehow forgot to write down the answer on my passport.

thanks in advance

#25 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

I don't know if all the state parks are doing it, but Mission Tejas will loan you a GPSr pre-loaded with the caches in the park. Pretty cool!
  • ATMA and amberita13 like this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#26 amberita13

amberita13

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

I don't know if all the state parks are doing it, but Mission Tejas will loan you a GPSr pre-loaded with the caches in the park. Pretty cool!

REALLY?! Because, on National Geocaching Day last year my phone wasn't working in Cedar Hill State Park & I asked the front desk if they had a listing of the coordinates of the geocaches in the park & they gave lost looks with no help.  >:(

img.aspx?txt=Scoot+in+Cache+out!&uid=c71

#27 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

REALLY?! Because, on National Geocaching Day last year my phone wasn't working in Cedar Hill State Park & I asked the front desk if they had a listing of the coordinates of the geocaches in the park & they gave lost looks with no help.  >:(

I think it may depend on which ranger you speak to and how enthusiastic they are about caching. Mission Tejas is a pretty small park but there are 3 TXGCC13 caches in it and the all the other caches in the park were placed by cacher "mission tejas". Yet when I checked in and asked about one of the caches (not TXGCC13) that had been missing for awhile the ranger had little information and less interest. That said, we did run into a family geocaching with a park GPSr.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#28 hafgar

hafgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

i've met cacheing rangers at a few parks and seen a map of their parks caches on the wall as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users