#1 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Congrats to the cachers that have and are still making runs at the new Texas Parks and Wildlife GeoChallenge. There have already been some impressive finds this morning.
  • Baytown Bert likes this

#2 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Heading over to the San Jacinto Park right after work today. I see Log Dawgs already got 2TF on it. There are a couple of challenges here and I own 6 caches nearby, so make sure you avail yourself of them, folks.

Congrats to the cachers that have and are still making runs at the new Texas Parks and Wildlife GeoChallenge. There have already been some impressive finds this morning.

TXGA SETX Representative

#3 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Grabbed FTF in Lake Livingston and Sheldon Lake. 2TF on San Jac. I will be hitting more in the coming weeks as Huntsville is only a hop skip and a jump away.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Bad timing for me. I just visited several of the far away parks within the last week. That's when I was able to go for vacation. If I'd gone a week later, I'd already have quite a few of these. As it is, I'll have to settle for all the counties I picked up while traveling. :laugh:

#5 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'll do good to qualify for (ten) the entry level pathtag, etc. I have a question. The instructions on TPWL site inferred there would be a trivia question at each park cache, but I couldnt find anything at the San Jac monument cache. Did I miss something?

TXGA SETX Representative

#6 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'll do good to qualify for (ten) the entry level pathtag, etc. I have a question. The instructions on TPWL site inferred there would be a trivia question at each park cache, but I couldnt find anything at the San Jac monument cache. Did I miss something?

I never saw a question on any of the three I did as well. If there was I missed them. I just used the punch to punch my card.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

My wife (Tealcat) did the one in Huntsville State Park and didn't see a question either.

#8 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

I grabbed FTF at Brazos Bend and at Galveston Parks, and then I hit San Jacinto and Sheldon Lake as well.

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I did it today if you need help.. PM me.
  • Baytown Bert likes this

#10 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

My wife (Tealcat) did the one in Huntsville State Park and didn't see a question either.

To Bert and The Norman,

The Log Book has some information, regarding the Texas Park you are in. It is the opposite side of the cover. The question is presented and then you just put the answer in your passbook. The most important part is punching your card, but if you need help with answers, try to contact fellow cachers...they may be able to help.

Bert, it seems you reached Level 1, good job...good luck with the rest!!

#11 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Grrrr.... I missed the questions. I was looking everywhere, well except for the back side of the log book I guess. Looks like I'll be sending some messages out. I did punch my passport though.

#12 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks georeyna. :cheers: I had received the same information by asking the question on a couple of Facebook sites. Then when I got home this evening, Tealcat told me that she had gone back to the cache today and found the information and question.

#13 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

I made my first run Monday and Tuesday.
Hit 10 parks
13 caches
3 FTF's (Lake Whitney, Cleburne, and Meridian)

The best hikes were in Mother Neff and Colorado Bend (so far)
Posted Image

#14 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

@Georeyna - Just sent you a PM. Looks like we were on the same trail from Galveston, San Jac and Sheldon Lake. I missed those darn questions. I missed Brazos Bend as well, but I'll e-mail UPTrain to see if he got it. If not, that one's at least only a 20min drive from the house.

#15 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I forgot to mention mileage = 925 miles in the car, ~10 hiking/biking

I made my first run Monday and Tuesday.
Hit 10 parks
13 caches
3 FTF's (Lake Whitney, Cleburne, and Meridian)

The best hikes were in Mother Neff and Colorado Bend (so far)

Posted Image

#16 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Stopped by San Jacinto TEXAS STATE PARK CHALLENGE and dropped off three more travel bugs. Also found the question for the San Jacinto State Park. It read "How many Texans were lost in the battle?" The answer was in the brief description and read . . . . . . . . .

#17 empressone

empressone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Locationspring

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Pagirlintx and I got Huntsville today. I think we forgot to get the question.. I need to ask her. Hmmmm I remember us talking about it on the walk through the woods, but my mo is to promptly forget those things. Arg. Lol
EmpressOne

#18 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hope to still have the juice to get Sheldon on my way back from the Greenway series.

TXGA SETX Representative

#19 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

For the last challenge, I was a geocaching volunteer "reviewer" for the Sheldon Lakes SP cache. They sent me the coords early and I checked out the cache for them to verify coordinates and diff/terrain rating before the cache was published. I also picked up the cache and returned it to park HQ after it was archived. They asked if I would be willing to do the same for this challenge (I said yes) and they indicated I would have both Sheldon Lakes and San Jacinto SP ... but that was it. They never contacted me again and just published the caches.

It's all good though, since everything was fine with the last cache at Sheldon Lakes (I think I had them adjust the terrain rating a tad) and no one seems to be having trouble finding the new ones either.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#20 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I was shaking when I left JJ park and missed this one. Whew! That was a lot of bike riding!

TXGA SETX Representative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users