28 replies to this topic

#21 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

With a cache named something like CornDoll, Will You Marry Me?, you better believe she was gonna get FTF honors. Heaven forbid I end up getting a "yes" from MOS73, Adventure777, 007Betz, PoliceBike36, or the like because they FTF'ed it. :laugh:
  • KeyResults likes this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#22 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

If I was 30 years younger, I would have said "Yes." LOL

With a cache named something like CornDoll, Will You Marry Me?, you better believe she was gonna get FTF honors. Heaven forbid I end up getting a "yes" from MOS73, Adventure777, 007Betz, PoliceBike36, or the like because they FTF'ed it. :laugh:

TXGA SETX Representative

#23 pagirlintx

pagirlintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKingwood, TX

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think KeyResults just posted this to get back at me for FTF'ing the tribute hide that was put out for him and 2katz the other night. Heck, I waited like 3 hours! I just couldn't help myself. I had already chewed my fingers down to nubs. Lol.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Psssstttt...TexasWriter - I have soup for you!!!

Actually there was a tribute cache of sorts, smiles, or maybe more like a "thank you for all you do for the community" cache for The King and Queen of GSAK (come on, you soup nazi, you know who you are). The FTF in real time wrote a log commenting that the honorees had already signed the log in a funnily-intended sort of way. It become...needless drama.

"People" felt the need to weigh in. "People" felt the need to defined that thar TINY LITTLE SOUP NAZI's (cuz we've all seen his size, grins) honor. "People" can take the fun right out of the fun game sometimes.

Look, if someone signs a FTF then it's a FTF. If someone pre-signs the log, deal with it like a grown up. If someone signs a log and marks it "not FTF" because we were out placing them together, and the FTF space is open, GRAB IT.

It's a game, right?
  • KeyResults likes this
Blessings Be, S

#24 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Wait, doesn't that violate Groundspeak guidelines that prohibit publishing a cache that "promotes an agenda"? LOL :laugh:

Congrats you two!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#25 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Wait, doesn't that violate Groundspeak guidelines that prohibit publishing a cache that "promotes an agenda"? LOL :laugh:

Congrats you two!

Speaking of caches that promote an agenda (and cause a ton of chaos and confusion), the next time someone publishes a big series of caches and asks everyone to wait until a bunch of 4th graders FTF's them (when they don't even get the FTF thing), I'm gonna ignore the request. The "active geocaching club" of 4th graders grabbed one of them over a period of 3 days while everyone held off with no clear mention of when it was open season on the series. Next time I'll nab every dang one of them the night they publish. 

#26 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Congrats you two!

Speaking of caches that promote an agenda (and cause a ton of chaos and confusion), the next time someone publishes a big series of caches and asks everyone to wait until a bunch of 4th graders FTF's them (when they don't even get the FTF thing), I'm gonna ignore the request. The "active geocaching club" of 4th graders grabbed one of them over a period of 3 days while everyone held off with no clear mention of when it was open season on the series. Next time I'll nab every dang one of them the night they publish. 

Wow Brian you are mean.  You would do that to little kids........ :stirpot:

Of course I am kidding.  I thought it was nice of us to wait a few days and then the CO told people different dates as to when she said go get it.  I thought that was in bad taste as well.  Sometimes you just can't win being nice. 

On another note there was a few new caches published by a newer cacher last night up near me.  I politely emailed the CO and said if you hide a micro in the woods you might want to leave a nice hint.  He emailed me back and said thanks for the advice and left a nice good hint.  Who likes hiking to a cache a mile and a half and can't find it due to bad coordinates or no information.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Congrats you two!

Wow Brian you are mean.  You would do that to little kids........ :stirpot:

Of course I am kidding.  I thought it was nice of us to wait a few days and then the CO told people different dates as to when she said go get it.  I thought that was in bad taste as well.  Sometimes you just can't win being nice. 

On another note there was a few new caches published by a newer cacher last night up near me.  I politely emailed the CO and said if you hide a micro in the woods you might want to leave a nice hint.  He emailed me back and said thanks for the advice and left a nice good hint.  Who likes hiking to a cache a mile and a half and can't find it due to bad coordinates or no information.

The way all that went down? Sure, I'd do it in a minute. Lol

There's a cacher in the Shreveport area that won't include hints on his cache pages because he says that "real cachers don't need hints."  I don't agree with a blanket statement like that. Totally depends on the hide, the GZ, the container, container size, etc. Good that he received your advice so well.

#28 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

If real cachers don't need a hint, then that would about kill the PAF, wouldn't it?  What a line of hogwash....  YMMV

TXGA SETX Representative

#29 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yea and real cachers don't hide micros. Eagle
  • TexasWriter likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users