• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

*** T-Shirt Orders are due no later than Monday, October 1, 2012. ***
*** See details below ***

Posted Image

Hello fellow geocachers!

The SETX Gang's Octoberfest 2012 is a little more than a month away. It looks like everything is coming together nicely. Here is an update for event GC3T23J. We will have only 50 swag bags ready for the event. Be sure to get there early so you can claim yours.

Thanks to many of our local geocachers, it looks like we should have an assortment of door prizes for the event. Nonetheless, we’re always looking for more stuff. So, if you have any items you would like to donate as swag or door prizes please bring them to our First Monday meeting on October 1 or to Octoberfest 2012 on October 20.

Thanks ProMed Rick for taking care of the path tags again this year. Be sure to get yours at registration. We’ll also have extras for sale in case someone wants several for trading and collecting.

We are having t-shirts made to commemorate Octoberfest 2012. For this event, the Gang selected “Dark Heather” for the color of the shirt. We also made some minor modifications to the artwork. You can check out the artwork in the attachment to this message. The sizes and prices of the shirts are as follow:

Children’s sizes 6-8, 10-12, 12-14 = $15

Adult sizes SM-XL = $15, 2XL = $16, 3XL = $17, 4XL = $18

Our final order must be placed by Monday, October 1. If you would like to pre-order a shirt, please send your request to me at arosales@nederland.k12.tx.us or ProMed Rick at rick.beaulieu@sbcglobal.net. We plan to have a very limited quantity available for sale at the event. So if you are sure you want a shirt, contact us soon.

FlameIt is working on several camouflaged ammo cans. We will have a drawing for the camo ammo cans. The tickets will be $1 each. He will have at least five custom ammo cans for auction. Bring your money because he has some really cool stuff for the event. The proceeds go toward current and future event expenses.

We will be having a "Pot Luck" lunch again. We will have plates, cups, and utensils on hand. We will also provide ice, condiments, breads and some beverages. For lunch we will have chili, a meat and cheese deli tray with sandwich fixing’s, hot dogs, and dirty rice. Of course we can always use more dishes, drinks, and desserts if anyone is so inclined. We sure do work up an appetite at these events. It must be all the fresh air.

We will have Geocaching Bingo and a Poker Run at this fall’s event. GeoBingo is a great mixer and ProMedRick plans to do it again. MudFrog has stepped up to the plate again and has volunteered to do a Poker Run for Octoberfest.

We will have another Cache Container Contest at Octoberfest 2012. Prizes will be awarded to all of the winners. Of course, there is also that intangible reward: peer recognition! You can find the contest guidelines on our forum at www.setxgang.com or at www.geocaching.com (GC3T23J). So, come on all you “hiders”…let’s see what you’ve got!

!!!Attention!!! We are looking for three impartial volunteer judges for the contest. So, if you are not a Contest entrant and want to have some fun judging the creations, please let me know.

There are currently thirteen active caches in the park. Cache Cow Queen and Bullseye are currently working to place more caches in and around the park. ProMed Rick and Boners_Mom have graciously volunteered to place several temporary Kid Caches for Octoberfest. If that is not enough, there are at least fifty caches within a five-mile radius of the event.

What a weekend it will be. In addition to Octoberfest 2012, there are three other geocaching events scheduled in the park for that weekend. So, check them out and enjoy the fun and fellowship.

GC3WHWF – Early Meet and Greet at Lake Livingston State Park – Friday, October 19, 2012 @ 6:00 p.m. – Hosted by RedCar

GC3T6MG - SETX Gang CITO at Octoberfest /Lake Livingston SP – Saturday, October 20, 2012 @ 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Hosted by Boners_Mom & WalletSETX

GC3WK25 – Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Saturday, October 20, 2012 @ 7:45a.m. – 8:45 a.m. or until the supplies run out! – Hosted by ZipperTiff

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure there is something I have forgotten to mention. So, if you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact me.

Hope to see you at Octoberfest!

MakeItSo

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Can't wait!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Is anyone going up for the day? I'd be glad to hitch a ride with someone!

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#4 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm going up for the day. We can ride together if you want.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#5 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'll be in Indiana. My little brother's getting married or else I'd go.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I am heading up for the weekend...really looking forward to it.

#7 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

We're going up for the day as well. Have to work around some other things going on but we wouldn't want to miss it.
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#8 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

HC, I sent you a message on the forum. I'd like to catch a ride with you. Mrs. ZHR will be on a retreat.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#9 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm planning on leaving beautiful Baytown about 0600 Saturday morning and hopefully my SIL will be with me.

TXGA SETX Representative

#10 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Headed that way if all works out well.

#11 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm riding up with HoustonControl and ZTR Saturday morning! Who else is planning on going and what all are y'all planning on bringing, as far as food, and (Trackables, containers, etc.) goodies?

TXGA SETX Representative

#12 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'll be there with the "other" Muddy Buddy. :smitten:
Posted Image

#13 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Looks like I'll be coming up tomorrow with phatsoandslim. Wahoo!
Posted Image

#14 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

We drove Dyfen and Zoothornrollo (ZHR) up with us for the fun. Had a blast too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users