4 replies to this topic

#1 pindroppers74

pindroppers74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just did a couple of interesting caches in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area this week.

In MN there is a MacGyver series near the Grand Rapids area that is worth doing. GC3VW2R We did # 1 and 3 and look forward to doing the rest next year. Very well done, especially #3.

Near St. Paul did The Sword in the Stone GC27N0W

A cute letter box in Wisconsin (near MN state line) GC234QY George don't live here no more.
Posted Image

#2 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,375 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

What were you doing in MN? We were expecting to run into you in AK where we've been the last 2 weeks since we seem to keep taking similar vacations.
Posted Image

#3 pindroppers74

pindroppers74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

We were helping tmbkr, our daughter and grandsons, move to Minneapolis then went and visited family up in Grand Rapids, MN. Mike and I then went west and south through Nebraska to Kansas to Mingo. We spent several days in Denver and am now in Colorado Springs. We are going up to Pikes Peak today and on Tues will ride the train through the royal gorge. We will be working on grabbing the counties in the panhandle on the way back next weekend.

Do you have the counties in upper TX? We could follow each other around those counties. I wish that I had an overlay (like log dawgs grid for the quad challenge) for TX counties. Any one know how to create that kind of overlay?????
Posted Image

#4 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,375 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

We flew over CO. Does that count as visiting the same place? The pilot even pointed out Pikes Peak.
Posted Image

#5 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Do you have the counties in upper TX? We could follow each other around those counties. I wish that I had an overlay (like log dawgs grid for the quad challenge) for TX counties. Any one know how to create that kind of overlay? ????

No clue how to create it, but I was able to find one online.

Hope it is helpful.

Eagle
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users