Photo

CLAPS: Paddle to the Picnic Event (Sat. Oct 13th.)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hum... well I hope I'll be able to make it. For the past 3yrs that's been the weekend for my son's Cubscout Pack's fall campout. We'll see if the Moon and Planets align.

The event involving the moon is a separate paddle event, lol. ;) (The Night Paddle Event -- which is looking like it will be 12/1 since the moon is full 11/28.)

I hear you. With all our scout stuff it's difficult to find a day to do the daytime paddle event!

Well I confirmed it. That is the weekend we have our fall campout. :tickedoff: So I'll be hunting caches in Huntsville State Park with a bunch of cubscouts :-\ wanting to trade everything under the moon instead of being up a creek w/ a paddle.

12/1 looks promising.

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Huntsville is fun, though! It could be worse. Well, we'll have a spring CITO event, too. Stay tuned for the Full Moon paddle... And tell 'em at the leader meeting "nothing on 12/1".
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

#23 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Really sad to report we have to go to Dallas that weekend and will miss another paddle event. Maybe next time...again. :disappoint:

#24 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Looking like this is going to be a BIG event. We're going to have some NTX folks join us, and possibly even someone from Colorado!
Posted Image

#25 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Alligator Bait! >:D

Looking like this is going to be a BIG event. We're going to have some NTX folks join us, and possibly even someone from Colorado!

Posted Image

#26 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone know if pinky will deliver to this departure spot?
Posted Image

#27 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Pinky DOES deliver to the starting point.
Posted Image

#28 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

And now we have a CITO event http://coord.info/GC3X8V7
Posted Image

#29 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

That makes seven types of caches on the water (traditional, multi, EarthCache, letterbox hybrid, unknown, event, and CITO).

For those of you with 10k+ finds, it may not work, but those of you who have not done CLAPS III and who have few finds on this side of town can probably get a nearby virtual and the Wherigo in Clear Lake Park to make it 9. If you don't have one of the Galveston Webcams then there is #10.
Posted Image

#30 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Posted Image
  • HoustonControl likes this
Posted Image

#31 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Syd prefers a much more relaxed approach.

Posted Image
  • pindroppers74 likes this
Posted Image

#32 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

And now we have a CITO event http://coord.info/GC3X8V7

Thanks. I was just thinking of that too.

I'm bringing the whole family (2 adults and 2 kids). But I was thinking that since I have that leg of CLAPS that perhaps we could help ferry some people from Parking to Launch. Then I'd launch from the Park and run up and do CLAPS II 1-6. I'd CITO the CLAPS II series.

Can I get credit for the Event and CITO with this plan?
Posted Image

#33 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm not the CO of that, but always held the philosophy if you're picking up trash on the bayou, or that will get into the bayou, then yes. [;].

THANK YOU for the shuttle assist, too! It looks like we're going to have a huge turnout.

BBQBOB2 has promised the weather will be beautiful and cool -- nothing like today. So any issues we have weather-wise should be brought to [i]his[/s] attention.

Since you'll probably launch, do II and be back -- wanna be the grill master?
Posted Image

#34 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm not the CO of that, but always held the philosophy if you're picking up trash on the bayou, or that will get into the bayou, then yes. [;].

THANK YOU for the shuttle assist, too! It looks like we're going to have a huge turnout.

BBQBOB2 has promised the weather will be beautiful and cool -- nothing like today. So any issues we have weather-wise should be brought to [i]his[/s] attention.

Since you'll probably launch, do II and be back -- wanna be the grill master?

I have a tendency to use spit to keep things moist, but I sure I'll volunteer.
Posted Image

#35 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Great, the plans are coming together for PuzzlePainter, ThePaperPilot and i to make it. Still working on TW.

I need to make arrangements for boats.
Posted Image

#36 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Everyone renting should be sure to get their reservations in asap to Pinky’s. If you have already made a reservation, I would call to confirm your reservation as well. If you cannot make it, please cancel your reservation.

(Please note -- I'm not coordinating the rentals! If you need a yak or canoe -- please call and set it up!)

You’ll most likely be talking with Josh or Vernon. If they ask for any clarity, we’re paddling from Spring Gulley (putting in on Red Bluff) and paddling to Bay Area Park (the pickup point).

Pinky’s
Phone: 713.510.7968
Cell: 713.291.4156

Also - a big THANK YOU to our shuttle volunteers! When you come by GZ, please let me know so I can direct people dropping off their yaks to you and your vehicle at the park.

So far, the weather is looking good! Hope to see you there. I’ll have CLAPS Challenge Tags at the after-event if anyone has earned one.

And don't forget to bring stuff to the picnic in the park afterwards!
Posted Image

#37 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

Don't forget to post what you're going to bring on the after-event page. Remember, you'll be on the water for a good while. So if it needs to be cold, you'll have to keep it in a cooler in your vehicle at the park. Keep it easy. :)

I've gotten a few queries about who is bringing what -- and all we know is what is posted. So posting on the event page helps everyone figure all that out.

As posted on the event description, I'm bringing 4 packs of hot dogs, buns, and some sodas -- diet and regular. Looks like we have a fruit tray, veggies and dip, some sodas and waters, potato salad and cole slaw, and chips.

If you're coming, please post an attend or note on the cache page and let everyone know what you'll bring.

After event: http://coord.info/GC3HCQT
  • Kirbydox likes this
Posted Image

#38 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

In my best Jimmy Cagney voice impression...

"Ok yous guys, here's how it's gonna be, see? You're gonna have a swell time, a cracker of a good time, see? A regular barrel of laughs, see? But, most important, yous wise-guys keep those peepers open and be extra careful out there! Get it? "

"Oh, and one more thing...PICTURES PLEASE! Thanks. Say, you're alright I tell ya...yeah, all right."
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#39 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm going to shoot a humorous video of interviews and I am going to ask people to state their geocahing handles and why they are out on the water. Hopefully people will be creative...Oh and there will be flatulence noises too. Peace!

TXGA SETX Representative

#40 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'm going to shoot a humorous video of interviews and I am going to ask people to state their geocahing handles and why they are out on the water. Hopefully people will be creative...Oh and there will be flatulence noises too. Peace!

Should be a toot, er, I mean hoot! :coolsmiley:
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users