Photo

Who's going to the UnNamed Event on September 15th?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Dangerman&3olivz

Dangerman&3olivz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Island cache sounds like fun. Also will be baking one of my favorites.

#22 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I checked one of the Island Caches and one is a no go, been missing forever. The other is available as of this writing and both were placed in 2001...great for Jasmer Calendar!

Looking forward to everything!!

Edited by georeyna, 02 September 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#23 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

I thought I'd posted this earlier. Anyone camping Friday night? We'd like to share a site.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#24 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Evidently the park is sold out of everything except standard sites at this point, but they do still have standard camp sites available.

Eagle
Posted Image

#25 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Planning on camping Friday and Saturday. Making reservations monday. Anyone know the park well enough to identify a area to request sites so we are clustered together? The guy also said we could it it by last name, but i don't know most of you all's name. :)
Posted Image

#26 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

I just called Lake Summerville marina and there are no cabin sites...all booked by geocachers!! LOL!! They have RV sites and tent sites.

I went ahead and rented an RV..compact size. I will be at camp site 108! I rented the RV from Cruise America...it will be interesting to see how I fair in an RV.....

Looking forward to this...see everyone at the event!!
  • Huff-Suter likes this

#27 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

I just called Lake Summerville marina and there are no cabin sites...all booked by geocachers!! LOL!! They have RV sites and tent sites.

I went ahead and rented an RV..compact size. I will be at camp site 108! I rented the RV from Cruise America...it will be interesting to see how I fair in an RV.....

Get the collision damage waiver. Then maybe see if you can get back-up collision damage coverage somewhere... :2funny:

Edited by HoustonControl, 03 September 2012 - 11:01 AM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#28 Huff-Suter

Huff-Suter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSpring Tx

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Jeff and I will be there for the day and dinner on Saturday. We are participating in the bake off, with a little help from my geomom. Georeyna, we don't have a kayak, but we have a little aluminum boat we might bring. Maybe Jeff can do a shuttle from the island and back. HA!

We are in on the shuttle !!!
  • team-adoptapet likes this
Team Huff-Suter...
Cachin since-June 29-2011
Posted Image

#29 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Get the collision damage waiver. Then maybe see if you can get back-up collision damage coverage somewhere... :2funny:

Next time you are crossing the street, you better look both ways and make sure I am not speeding towards you. I need a new hood ornament for the car and Houston Control would be ideal!! :2funny:

#30 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I thought you were going to invest in camping supplies and maybe had already gotten or were going to get a tent?
We'll be tent camping. They didn't give us a site number I think when I made the reservations, but I told them we were with the geocaching group and I somehow got the impression they were putting us in the general vicinity of the event.

We've been working on this geocaching themed Trivial Pursuit game - Geo-Trivia. I really hope you guys want to play it! I've been putting some time into coming up with questions. Most of you will know a majority of the answers, I hope, but it will also be a fun challenge!
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#31 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

I thought you were going to invest in camping supplies and maybe had already gotten or were going to get a tent?
We'll be tent camping. They didn't give us a site number I think when I made the reservations, but I told them we were with the geocaching group and I somehow got the impression they were putting us in the general vicinity of the event.

We've been working on this geocaching themed Trivial Pursuit game - Geo-Trivia. I really hope you guys want to play it! I've been putting some time into coming up with questions. Most of you will know a majority of the answers, I hope, but it will also be a fun challenge!

Moi? :2funny:

No Keely, if it were just me, I would sleep in my car...., but since the kiddos will be with me, I figured I would rent an RV. It is pretty cool, compact size and sleeps 3. I was thinking of buying a tent, but changed my mind. Just FYI, my RV will be a traveling advertisment vehicle for RV's across America!!! :2funny:

#32 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Elisa returning her motorhome...

Posted Image
  • Eagles1181 and Huff-Suter like this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#33 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

HC, I am gonna kill you!! LOL!!! :2funny: :veryangry:
  • Huff-Suter likes this

#34 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,319 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yea, that is probably what the RV will look like after Elisa rams your truck with it... ;)
  • georeyna likes this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#35 Huff-Suter

Huff-Suter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSpring Tx

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

HC and Georeyna, can i get some popcorn and peanuts to go with all this extra entertainment?
Team Huff-Suter...
Cachin since-June 29-2011
Posted Image

#36 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

Yea, that is probably what the RV will look like after Elisa rams your truck with it... ;)

yayyyy! I get to ram HC's truck!

#37 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

We're arriving late Friday. Rent site 106
Posted Image

#38 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'm planning to drive down for the day with my geodog. He'll be wearing his shiny new geocoin.

#39 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

We had a good time at the event, but we were bracketed by other things that we had to do...so, I'm curious. Who one the various events?

Thanks to all who organized the event--and what will be next year's name?

#40 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

We had a good time at the event, but we were bracketed by other things that we had to do...so, I'm curious. Who one the various events?

Thanks to all who organized the event--and what will be next year's name?

Next Year's name will be the Lone Star Roundup.

For the Geo-Trivia game, we had two rounds, which resulted in a Jr and a Sr Winner. Chad/TAZ247 won the Sr category, in the second game, and Alex from Team Mad Dog won the Jr category (first game). Dru from Dangerman and 3Olives baked a Milky Way cake that won in a Bake-off category. Rich from Rich&Lola won....something...a subsection of the chili cookoff?
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users