• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I have a question about getting a cache published. I always thought PR could not see a cache until the CO enabled it. I had a friend that had a cached published that said the cache was not avilable see notes below. Funny thing was it had that as soon as it was published with the only notes were bug drop from CO and published from PR. Then the CO had to enalbe the cache and all is good. Could some one please clarify?

Also how do I see how is on the watchlist of my cache?

Edited by Cache Control, 08 July 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hmmm, I haven't ever run across the scenario you mentioned. Unless your friend checked the box that said the cache was ready for review and there by putting it on PR's list, the unchecked the box after he had already started the publishing process?

Oh, and you can't see who has any of your caches on their watchlist.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Not quite understanding, but two things come to mind. First, if a link is sent to the cache (i.e. by CO to a friend) it is a valid link, but only CO (and PR) can see it till its published. Also, sometimes PR will publish then catch something he missed and temporarily disable immediately thereafter.

Some time ago you used to be able to drop bugs in the caches before they published. Not sure if you still can or not. But you certainly can once published and disabled. Got a few FTFs watching bugs that way before I became a premium member.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users