Posted Image

#24 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

The manager said that he'd get back to me on the "glassware issue".
Meanwhile, I've been talking to the health inspector for the restaurant for the Park and Gab. Good news! The varmint infestation has improved over the last few days! O0

#25 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Meanwhile, I've been talking to the health inspector for the restaurant for the Park and Gab. Good news! The varmint infestation has improved over the last few days! O0

By improved do you mean the numbers have risen, or that the varmits table manners are getting better?

#26 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

By improved do you mean the numbers have risen, or that the varmits table manners are getting better?

It’s tough planning any event because you have to think of the what ifs. I’ve planned for what if nobody brings their rubber band balls, or they accidently do bring their horse to the event, even though it clearly states you can’t, but I never for a moment planned on varmint table manners.
In order to keep costs down, I will send just a few varmints to table manner school. Then they can come back and train the rest of them.
Problem solved!

#27 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

It’s tough planning any event because you have to think of the what ifs. I’ve planned for what if nobody brings their rubber band balls, or they accidently do bring their horse to the event, even though it clearly states you can’t, but I never for a moment planned on varmint table manners.
In order to keep costs down, I will send just a few varmints to table manner school. Then they can come back and train the rest of them.
Problem solved!

Well at least you are willing to admit that your planning was slightly lacking and are taking steps to improve the situation. Unlike your counterparts over at TXGA who not only won't admit their faults, but are trying to sell us a bill of goods that includes telling us we should be thankful that they screwed up. Just like the former residents of Fukushima Japan, should be thankful they no longer need nightlights, since they now all glow in the dark!

#28 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

The manager of the Mexican Restaurant for the Park and Gab said something like, "No shoes, no shirt, no cerviche."
I guess that means if you are not going to have cerviche, then shoes and shirts are probably optional.
Although not specifically mentioned by the manager, I am going to suggest that people wear pants.

#29 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

If the chairs have those waffle gridiron seats, OK, pants are a good idea.
Otherwise, let the boys run free.

#30 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Although not specifically mentioned by the manager, I am going to suggest that people wear pants.

So... pants are merely a ... suggestion?

Hey! Might have to try to get to this one.

#31 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

So... pants are merely a ... suggestion?

Hey! Might have to try to get to this one.

Oh, yes, you must attend, and if you do, I can't emphasize how important it will be to start hydrating now. After all, the Park and Gab is only 9 days away!

#32 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Habanero fun facts:

Reduces hot flashes in women.

Increases them in men.

#33 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Habanero fun facts:

Reduces hot flashes in women.

Increases them in men.

I am glad that you have been brushing up on your pepper varieties. You will probably do very well at the Park and Grab test, on page four with the essay question, "The Habanero Pepper- Love 'Em or Leave 'Em?"
Which should not be confused with the question on page seven, "The Jalapeno Pepper- Love 'Em Today, Hate Them Tomorrow?"

#34 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Wrecked him?!? It damn near killed him!

#35 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

The lawyers for the special insurance policy I had to take out for the Park and Gab wanted me to ask if any of the attendees are allergic to the following:

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

#36 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

The lawyers for the special insurance policy I had to take out for the Park and Gab wanted me to ask if any of the attendees are allergic to the following:

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

I might be allergic to velcro... every time I put some on, all sorts of stuff starts sticking to me. Can't figure it out.

#37 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

I might be allergic to velcro... every time I put some on, all sorts of stuff starts sticking to me. Can't figure it out.

Oh, my goodness. Me too! Perhaps we should start a support group.

#38 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

Whew, I was worried you'd list pink Flamingators or Latex. Another bullet dodged.
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#39 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

Whew, I was worried you'd list pink Flamingators or Latex. Another bullet dodged.

Don't worry. I will not allow any latex products at the Park and Gab. I can't guarantee that a pink flamingator or two might attend, but, to put your mind at ease, I will have plenty of biohazard bags available for use.

#40 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

I was thinking, instead of the gabbing portion of the event, I should invite a timeshare representative to give us a three hour seminar.
All those in favor? O0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users