img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#2 Cachin Shark

Cachin Shark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location77450, Katy Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

YAY!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!! Do we know scores???????????

#3 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Awesome job everyone. It was one wet cold one out there but we won it baby! Many of us got our first Mega Events as well.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 ggmorton

ggmorton

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, TX

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Great job everyone!!
Posted Image

#5 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

We blew it away -- almost 400 points more than 2nd place. MOS73 won highest individual with 2300 some odd points, and he had 6 ppl with him.
  • MrsBass likes this

#6 MrsBass

MrsBass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDayton, Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Great job ladies and gents 8)

#7 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

That's awesome guys! Way to go. I was cheering for you in the comfort of my car!
Posted Image

#8 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, it was wet and miserable, but once you got going you just kept pushing. Awesome job everyone. Especially Gsguru!

#9 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

When is the party event for everyone to celebrate?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Everyone was pumped.. I applaud all of you!! Great job!!

O0 O0 O0 O0

#11 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Good job everyone!!!!!!!!

And hats off to AWESOME leader Gsguru!

And now that I back in the nice hotel and had a very long shower .... I can say I had a MEGA great time =)
Posted Image

#12 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm curious. How did the FTF tokens figure into the score? :angel:

#13 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Oh, and of course, great work everybody. The support team was awesome! Special kudos to gsguru! :cheers:

#14 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Way to go, SETX, super cachers and super people! Congratulations to Diane and her great team, you done SETX proud!

#15 Phoenix Lady

Phoenix Lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

You guys are certainly inspiring! Awesome job everyone!

#16 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

WTG Guys!!!!! Y'all are AMAZING!!!!!!!

#17 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Full story soon with pics, but I wanted to toss out a special shout out to the tech crew, and all the people who supported the hunters, you were magnificent!

This was a real adventure that had this big goober climbing more trees than my entire childhood (4), with 2 of my close friends and teammates. MY eyes (and camera) witnessed a pretty blonde (2Katz) crawling on fours in a pissing rain, muck and mud under thick brush (24 in clearance) to punch a log on one of our many "tough" ones along with her two big galute teammates (Dangerman & yours truly). What a woman! From the numbers I heard it's clear SETX left nothing on the table. Many of us slaughtered our personal bests from previous games. As for both my first timers to the challenge, they too were magnificent, playing fair, hard, and still able to smile and laugh and let me sneak a photo or two without missing a beat. Beautimous!

We had some torn clothes as one would expect with those nasty thorns, but I'm aware of no serious injuries (aside from Pirate Pride). Sadly, I left my collapsible staff at one of the caches and had to make the choice to push on hoping someone would turn it in...hope is fading fast that I get that trusty friend back. (sigh)

FTF TAGS ended up playing a very significant role... Tie breaker for the Individual Champion! WTG MOS73, but that whole elite crew running with him logged 35 and clearly left nothing in the tank. I believe I heard that only 20 FTF coins were turned in for scoring!

I've heard reports from others about some bad apples and jerks in the game, but for my part I saw none of this and found largely pleasant people playing by the rules (all climbing the trees to punch their own cards, or walking away). Everyone I encounted were quick to say hi and good luck. I thought the hide team did a great job, IMHO, with some fairly crappy conditions. Some of the unknowns were pretty fun, like one where we shot a paint ball gun straight up at a target overhead (it was marshalled with safety gear)

The food was plentiful and good IMO.

It was fun to watch GSGURU do her booty dance with a large golden ammo can on the stage at the end. I hope someone got a good pic of that as mine was useless.

P.S. Extra shoutout to georeyna for pulling up and letting three tired soaked to the bone and cold hunters into her toasty car at just the right moment...we really were starting to feel the cold once the running stopped.

For you who could not hunt with us this time, we felt your energy and we kicked some serious arse to a person!

That's it for now? Again, many thanks to everyone who did the little things, as they combined to become big things for certain.

Kenny
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#18 Benttandem

Benttandem

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

I guess all the scratches, the cold and the wet was worth it. Climbing trees is a little hard for us old folks but is a lot of fun. Our little team was great and ready to try anything. Great job Gsguru. The Challenge is always fun but winning is a lot of fun too. The tech suppport was excellent. Way to go SETX!!

#19 Cachin Shark

Cachin Shark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location77450, Katy Texas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

It was Amazing indeed! Cook Cachers and I were so lad to have participated. Thank you soo much to Gsguru for the hard work and the tech team for getting everything set up SOOOO fast. GREAT TIME!!!!!

#20 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

This is a quick shout out before I head to the showers...

OMG is all I can say to all who helped and to all who participated. It truly is a COMMUNITY EFFORT to bring home the gold. I am only as great as those who are holding my up.... YOU ALL.... thanks for making it look easy!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I will send out individual thank yous in a bit but for now... thank you thank you thank you..

I will have a couple of victory events to sign the can as well as rehash the wet, wild ride we just did... be on the lookout!

Once again.... thank you thank you thank you.
  • gadgetech likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users