24 replies to this topic

#21 Great Birds

Great Birds

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

The first time I saw one of those black feral pigs in the East Texas forest, I thought it was a bear cub at first sight. It wasn't to far off when spotted but was thankfully across the Neches River. I started taking a weapon when solo hiking after that.

#22 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I saw a large pig iin GBP. I was scared so he ran off through the woods.
Posted Image

#23 Hoosier Ranger

Hoosier Ranger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHeritage Grand, Katy, TX

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

O.K., so for you "Bear Believers," you may want to go to the online store Cache-Advance and check out thier Bear Bells. "Keep those bears away! These bear bells have a loud yet nice sound. Comes with a velcro strap to attach to your pack, belt, or dog's collar. Colors vary. $6.95. :coolsmiley:

#24 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

O.K., so for you "Bear Believers," you may want to go to the online store Cache-Advance and check out thier Bear Bells. "Keep those bears away! These bear bells have a loud yet nice sound. Comes with a velcro strap to attach to your pack, belt, or dog's collar. Colors vary. $6.95. :coolsmiley:

May get one to warn people I am showing up to an event! :2funny:

#25 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

And carry pepper spray!

They say it's important to also be able to distinguish between black bear droppings and Grizzly (brown bear) droppings so you'll be aware of which you may encounter in the woods. Black bear dung is smaller and has bits of twigs and berries in it. Grizzly bear dung is larger and has small bells in it and smells like pepper spray.
  • FamilieRyan likes this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users