32 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

If it has to restart, does it redo the ones it already updated before?
Posted Image

#22 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think so
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

If you've uploaded your my finds PQ, it has your find logs in there. So what am I missing? Why does it have to get every log of every cache you've found? I started mine. We'll see if it finishes. The ET caches have a ton of logs for each one..... Gonna take a while.
Posted Image

#24 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

aaahh, not being any real computer tech person... can you only use/run the badge program with a mac? If so, it's not something I can use. If not, looks like I may have to get the kid back over to handle this. She stopped over tonight and loaded the stats bar you see here! She took a little artistic license. :) Gotta love kids!
Posted Image

#25 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

If it has to restart, does it redo the ones it already updated before?

I don't think so. It adds the logs to the GSAK database, so it should be able to resume where it left off.

/Geek=on
Love that it stops and lets the clock tick down every minute because the API is throttled. I would love to get my hands on the performance data there... under this kind of usage, I bet that ultimately hurts because you have setup and tear down the transaction (and maybe connection) a zillion times instead of just biting the bullet and dealing with a few large transfers. Gawd, the more I think about it, what a mess.
/Geek=off
Posted Image

#26 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

/Geek=on
Love that it stops and lets the clock tick down every minute because the API is throttled. I would love to get my hands on the performance data there... under this kind of usage, I bet that ultimately hurts because you have setup and tear down the transaction (and maybe connection) a zillion times instead of just biting the bullet and dealing with a few large transfers. Gawd, the more I think about it, what a mess.
/Geek=off

It's OK I'm with GC.com and I'm here to help!
  • TravelingGeek likes this

#27 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

2Katz, the BadgeGen Macro runs in GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) -- the database program we were discussing on our hike Monday. It is a PC-only program, but it might run on one of the PC Emulator programs for Mac. Someone more knowledgable tham me would have to comment on this.

Like Patty, when I try to run the API update, it errors out everytime and then GSAK has to shut down and restart. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#28 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Filter to just your finds, sort by waypoint name, Search for single digit or letter, use api [get logs] command, be sure to set max logs per cache to 5000 or higher (default is 1000), repeat for next digit or letter, continue until you are finished or just tired of it and continue later from same point. In the future you can sort by date found to narrow the field to useable sections.

#29 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

I downloaded GSAK a few days ago and it's a pretty cool tool!! Been playing with it. Thanks for sharing that tip!

It's adding the badges to my profile that I'll have to get Nicole back over to figure out. I 'think' the 'mac' term that saves in notepad, is really something about aa macro, but again, I am not a computer wiz - that's why I have the kid, to do this kind of stuff for me! :D
Posted Image

#30 Sticks

Sticks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

I started the macro on my database. I let you know in a few days how it goes. :uglystupid2: :knuppel2: :tinfoil:

Is it still running? Mine has been running for 6 hours now and still rocking. The progress bar looks to be about 1/8 of the way across.

#31 CriffRee

CriffRee

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationKaty Texas

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

They updated the Belts also. Expanded the levels within each belt level and added a few beyond Black.

#32 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

I started the macro on my database. I let you know in a few days how it goes. :uglystupid2: :knuppel2: :tinfoil:

Is it still running? Mine has been running for 6 hours now and still rocking. The progress bar looks to be about 1/8 of the way across.

Mine ran about 26 hours before cratering on the 1000 log per cache limit. I'll have to see how to change that.
I thought I had filtered my finds to years 2002 through 2006, so the test wouldn't run forever, but somehow that came undone when I ran the macro. I'll try again.
Posted Image

#33 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

The macro won't respect your filter - BUT you can just do the filter and then a "get logs/all in filter" from the "access gc.com" menu and then tell the macro no thanks wen it asks. It only asks five times if you want to do the big scan.

Edited by crossmage, 09 January 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users