32 replies to this topic

#1 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

I may be slow but I just noticed a new BadgeGen Badge for Favorite Points awarded for caches owned. Thought it was pretty cool.
http://www.gsak.net/bgv2/FavoD.png
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Dude. Did you already hit diamond in that? I am but a lowly silver.

I believe it is one of two new badges. The other badges is for the number of find logs that you have posted with photos. (The Shutterbug Award)

The key to both of these logs is that you must query your logs and stats via the API in GSAK 8 since favorites and photos are not yet covered in the GPX schema, so downloading pocket queries and the "found caches" pocket queries won't get you these badges. adgeGen will ask you if you want it to do the API queries, and it will use the API to get every log of every cache you have hidden and have logged. So this takes a while - launch t before bed, or like I did, before leaving town for a few days. :)
Posted Image

#3 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

They also added a night cache badge and a scuba one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Dude. Did you already hit diamond in that? I am but a lowly silver.

I believe it is one of two new badges. The other badges is for the number of find logs that you have posted with photos. (The Shutterbug Award)

The key to both of these logs is that you must query your logs and stats via the API in GSAK 8 since favorites and photos are not yet covered in the GPX schema, so downloading pocket queries and the "found caches" pocket queries won't get you these badges. adgeGen will ask you if you want it to do the API queries, and it will use the API to get every log of every cache you have hidden and have logged. So this takes a while - launch t before bed, or like I did, before leaving town for a few days. :)

One Fav Pt away from Ruby. Felt pretty good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

The key to both of these logs is that you must query your logs and stats via the API in GSAK 8 since favorites and photos are not yet covered in the GPX schema, so downloading pocket queries and the "found caches" pocket queries won't get you these badges. BadgeGen will ask you if you want it to do the API queries, and it will use the API to get every log of every cache you have hidden and have logged. So this takes a while - launch t before bed, or like I did, before leaving town for a few days. :)

This might take a few days for me.
Let's see, I'm allowed 6000 queries a day, so about 2 1/4 days
What a pain ...
Posted Image

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Can you just select the Favorite Points badge and only have to query logs on your hides? I post pictures occasionally, but not for every find like BaytownBert does!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#7 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

Can you just select the Favorite Points badge and only have to query logs on your hides? I post pictures occasionally, but not for every find like BaytownBert does!

I believe you can. I never actually let API finish and it worked for me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Run a filter for whatever stats you want to find. Then click on Geocaching.com access. Then click "Refresh cache data..." Then select "all in current filter."

Eagle
Posted Image

#9 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

OK, doing it manually there are two searches:

1 - Favorite badge, filter on caches you own, then use the geocaching.com/access/status/all in filter

2 - Shutterbug badge - This is the long one, it needs every log of every cache you have uploaded photos on. So the easiest and longest route is to select all caches you found, then geocaching.com access/ get logs/ set it to like 1000/ all in filter - or - if you know which caches have photos, then you can select only those caches and get the logs the same way.

I believe badgegen macro will only offer to do it for you 10 times and then goes silent forever on the subject.

OR you can wait a few months until this gets added to the GPX schema and GPX v3 (or 1.3 or whatever is released)

But enough about that.... Have you seen the new belts and belt system in the new beta? Now that I got my black belt, the whole system is changing to a points based system that looks at all facets of caching with 36 or so possible ranks. Highest belt is now the Golden Black Belt.
Posted Image

#10 Kalvey

Kalvey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFresno

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

More importantly, crossmage, is that I still have no idea what you are talking about! When are you going to have your tutorial session for GSAK? :laugh:

#11 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I spoke with the manager at the Sugar Land Flying Saucer this week - he is supposed to get with me in the next few days so we can schedule it. We are just lucky that the Club UFO has made a favorable impression that we are getting the meeting room without having to pay for it.
  • TravelingGeek likes this
Posted Image

#12 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

In the meantime, here is the info on the new belts: http://www.badgegen.com/belts.html
Posted Image

#13 Kalvey

Kalvey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFresno

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Umm yes, because I called them to see if we could do Will Cache For Food there and they just dismissed me without even asking about our group or anything. They probably thought I was some UNDERAGED kid trying to have some sort of boy-girl drinking party.

#14 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I spoke with the manager at the Sugar Land Flying Saucer this week - he is supposed to get with me in the next few days so we can schedule it. We are just lucky that the Club UFO has made a favorable impression that we are getting the meeting room without having to pay for it.

:cheers:
Posted Image

#15 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

In the meantime, here is the info on the new belts: http://www.badgegen.com/belts.html

Interesting. Just scanning the requirements, I think I would be a zero or one-stripe black belt. I was already a black belt on the old system. I was surprised to see that I have 380 some-odd favorite points on all my caches combined!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#16 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Man it takes a long time to run the first time. Interesting how it manages the API limits.
Posted Image

#17 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

I haven't got one to run yet ... it runs for about 6 hours then errors out :disappoint:
Posted Image

#18 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Took me a couple of time to get the run in. Took about 9 hours overnight.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

I started the macro on my database. I let you know in a few days how it goes. :uglystupid2: :knuppel2: :tinfoil:
Posted Image

#20 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

I started the macro on my database. I let you know in a few days how it goes. :uglystupid2: :knuppel2: :tinfoil:

Good luck
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users