43 replies to this topic

#21 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

This particular stereogram has multiple focus depths, so for me it helped to change my distance to the image. I finally got a "clear" set of numbers, but will readily admit that they don't work to give the correct coordinates. :tickedoff:

#22 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

I thought a bit more and did get it--at least the checker says "Success" :cheers:

#23 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

I'd like to point out that 1 in 7 men suffer from some form of color blindness. Read up on it here: http://en.wikipedia....Color_blindness

Given my Protanomaly, those things never showed up very well for me.
Posted Image

#24 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

That stereogram is especially clear and the puzzle seems straightforward. The one in Sugarland has me stumped.

Maybe for you but I can not see anything at all. I know the answer and can not find it anywhere. Oh well.

LD, I agree the PA Cache is really clear compared to the Sugarland one. The quickest way to "see it go 3-D" for me is to focus my gaze on some low level reflection on the screen, like a from a room window or lamp, etc., whith the magic eye image in your peripheral vision. You really are "gazing" almost borderline cross-eyed when the image pops out. Some are much better than others. The PA one is very sharp.

FWIW, it looks like the grab might not be so easy....
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#25 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

That stereogram is especially clear and the puzzle seems straightforward. The one in Sugarland has me stumped.

Maybe for you but I can not see anything at all. I know the answer and can not find it anywhere. Oh well.

LD, I agree the PA Cache is really clear compared to the Sugarland one. The quickest way to "see it go 3-D" for me is to focus my gaze on some low level reflection on the screen, like a from a room window or lamp, etc., whith the magic eye image in your peripheral vision. You really are "gazing" almost borderline cross-eyed when the image pops out. Some are much better than others. The PA one is very sharp.

FWIW, it looks like the grab might not be so easy....

Once again I wish I could see it but since I am not colorblind. I just may be blind!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

BigBender had a really nice program that worked really well. I can't seem to locate it now, so I called him. He was using the one on Purple Hell, but as previously mentioned, the link is broken. He's going to check to see if he still has the program. If so, I'll try to figure out a way to make it available.
  • GeoGeex likes this

#27 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

I thought a bit more and did get it--at least the checker says "Success" :cheers:

Any hint on the conversion?

Posted Image Posted Image

#28 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

Any hint on the conversion?

I've sent you one private message. I'll send a second with the conversion.

#29 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the message. I had identified the numbers correctly. And was very close to the conversion you mentioned, but carried something to far ;-) Thanks for the help.

Posted Image Posted Image

#30 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the message. I had identified the numbers correctly. And was very close to the conversion you mentioned, but carried something to far ;-) Thanks for the help.

My pleasure. Happy caching. O0

#31 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I am certain on the numbers too. But, after playing with them off and on yesterday to no avail I decided to take a break.

It feels like I am close but obviously I haven't held the right facial expression to get good coordinates. Until now, I thought I was pretty good on this kind of thing...just goes to show ya...

It is heartening to see some pretty good puzzlers had a time with this one too. (Misery loves company?)
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#32 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

I am certain on the numbers too. But, after playing with them off and on yesterday to no avail I decided to take a break.

It feels like I am close but obviously I haven't held the right facial expression to get good coordinates. Until now, I thought I was pretty good on this kind of thing...just goes to show ya...

It is heartening to see some pretty good puzzlers had a time with this one too. (Misery loves company?)

I sent you a private message.

#33 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

Can anyone recommend a good program for creating a stereogram? I played with a couple but the results were not very good.

#34 Hummer Dude

Hummer Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSuger landTexas

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

The one in sugerland has us stumped.

#35 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

I found the old Sterogram decoder files which used to be on PurpleHell. If you are interested, I can send it or, if T4P will allow, we can put it on HGCS...

#36 GeoGeex

GeoGeex

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBeach City, Texas

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

I found the old Sterogram decoder files which used to be on PurpleHell. If you are interested, I can send it or, if T4P will allow, we can put it on HGCS...

I would love a copy :cheers:
Posted Image

#37 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

That would be great either way.

#38 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

The one in sugerland has us stumped.

I've sent you a message.

#39 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

This is brilliant in its simplicity. The only missing step is to then shift the one layer over a bit. Try starting with about an eighth of the total width, but you will know when they line up -- the background will become virtually black.

Thanks!!

Maybe this will help...

with any graphics program that supports layers (such as Gimp). Set the top layer to "darken only", "difference" or some similar sounding option.

#40 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

I too can see things clearly, but am now stuck on the final step. I'm going to run it past my nephew-in-law (is that a real relation??) today (today is the larger family holiday get together) and see if he can figure it out. He maps all over the world and may see something I don't. Otherwise, I may also need a bit of hint.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users