#1 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

2011 Houston Geocaching Awards Categories and Information

BIG CHANGE TO THIS YEARS AWARDS IS THAT THE NOMINATED CACHES AND THE WINNERS WILL GET A COIN INSTEAD OF A PAPER AWARD!!!

I AM ALSO POSTING THIS TO THE TXGA FORUM AS WELL AS THE POLLS.

Nominating caches.
Please PM me with your nominations. You can PM as many times as you would like, please put in the subject line NOMINATION.

Any member of the geocaching community is allowed to nominate caches. Please review the qualifications before submitting. This will help the nominating committee.

Their will be no more than 5 caches/groups per category for voting. In the event that more than 5 caches/groups are nominated. The nominating committee will verify that each entrant is approved for inclusion. The geocaching community will have a run-off to determine the top five caches/groups.

Timeframe:
January 31, 2012 – Nominations Deadline
Feb 1-Feb 15, 2012 – Runoff to determine top five caches/groups
Feb 16-March 31, 2012 – Voting
Sometime in April 2012 – Awards Event!

Boundaries:
Caches must be in the following counties to be nominated: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Ft. Bend, Montgomery, Waller, Chambers, Liberty, San Jacinto, Grimes and Walker.

Qualifications:
Caches/events must have been placed between 01-01-11 and 12-31-11.
Must be an active cache and remain active during the nomination and voting periods.
Can be either member’s only or regular caches
Must be within the counties listed.
If a cache is disabled during the voting period for maintenance, it will not be disqualified. If it is disabled for more than 2 weeks, it will be disqualified.

Categories:

Most Physically Challenging Cache - One which involves a hike of 2 miles or more, or the physical exertion of climbing hills, ditches, long bushwhacking, requires a boat, canoe or the like and/or swimming.

Best Themed Individual Cache - not part of a series, but has specific swag trading requests. This would include TB hotels, coin depots, pathtag exchanges, as well as others. Or one where the container and the surrounding area are a theme.

Best Themed Series - 3+ individual, linked by a theme

Most Scenic Area - a breathtaking view of nature, something beautiful you might have missed without the cache. Unusual, beautiful natural area that you wouldn't know existed (or probably wouldn't have gone to) if the cache wasn't there

Best Urban Cache - a cache cleverly hidden in an urban setting. no more than 20 percent vegetation in the surrounding mile radius. One that makes you feel like you are super secretive playing a super secretive game

Best Camo Cache – Can either be urban, rural, etc.

Best Night Cache – Uses fire tacks or similar. Can ONLY be done at night.

Best Cache for Tourist - a cache that takes you to a place that would be of interest to tourists: i.e. a museum, historical monuments, memorials: Cache at a place that isn't in the Guidebooks, but would be worth the visit.

Best Traditional Cache – Any size acceptable

Best Earth cache – Self explanatory

Best Multi Cache – Involves using a redirect to locate final coordinates.

Best Puzzle Cache – Self explanatory.

BEST BUSHWHACK STORY - Please submit your best bushwhack story for a special award. Include logs or pics if possible.

#2 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

This is my favorite part of the year... I love seeing all the nominations and bushwhack stories!
Posted Image

#3 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Do we want a best police interaction story category? What about best log?

#4 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

I like the idea of police interaction is a good one, and best log.

I was going to suggest a "best use of technology" but that might just be the geek in me.

Seriously, with the chirps out and radio shack carrying Arduinos now, I think 2012 might be a big year for those of us that can get their geek on, if you know what I mean.

Just sayin'
Posted Image

#5 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

OK TG..... what you just said was wayyy over my head.... if ya'll want a geek category for 2013, just let me know how to word it so that people other then my little ole self can understand and we will run with it.... :uglystupid2:

I like the police category as well as best log..... hummmmmmmm

#6 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

I know this says a coin but not sure if I am going to have the funds for it. Still a work in progress....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users