• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

Make sure you are selecting "update are in current filter." Also make sure you don't have to many filtered out.
Posted Image

#22 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Also the ALI has a 35 mile limit from a point. Does not effect refreshes. Oh and I believe the favorite points in PQs is a BC thing not a GSAK thing.
Posted Image

#23 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

I figured out part of it. The default in Get Geocaches doesn't get disabled caches or caches I've found. Once I included these the count is right.

The 31 mile limit would explain part (maybe all) of the shortfall on my all Houston. And, it is a second reason I cannot use GSAK to update this database.

I assume you mean a GC.com thing. Yes, I think you're right, I just assumed they would have added it by now and the GSAK update would show them.

Edited by Thot, 22 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#24 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

I figured out part of it. The default in Get Geocaches doesn't get disabled caches or caches I've found. Once I included these the count is right.

Where is the 35 mile limit explained? That would explain part (maybe all) of the shortfall on my all Houston. And, it is a second reason I cannot use GSAK to update this database.

I assume you mean a GC.com thing. Yes, I think you're right, I just assumed they would have added it by now and the GSAK update would show them.

GC.com has not yet included favorites in pocket querys, GSAK will pick them up through a get logs action, I suggest filtering down to 100 or 200 caches per run as the api limits cause a slow down, and this releases your computer regularly since this can be so time consuming, it also lets you keep track of where you are in your database in case it errors out.

#25 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Instead of "Get Geocaches" use "refresh cache data. When you open it, it will be set to only the current cache, so hit the radio button for current filter and it will backup everything, disables, found, everything. However, this method does not pick up anything that is not in the database (new release). I run a PQ for anything that has been released in the last month to get new caches in, then I use the API to keep everything current.

Eagle
Posted Image

#26 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

For all of you that uses GSAK go to the forums they are a big help and have lots of interesting macros out there...

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 crossmage

crossmage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

For all of you that uses GSAK go to the forums they are a big help and have lots of interesting macros out there...

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?

Agreed! Also, the SW Flying saucer has approved the date for the GSAK event there - March 8, 2012.
Posted Image

#28 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Will do my best to be there. Putting it in the calendar now.
Posted Image

#29 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

Agreed! Also, the SW Flying saucer has approved the date for the GSAK event there - March 8, 2012.

:peace:
Posted Image

#30 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'll try to be there, but Thursday in Sugarland, and just before the Texas Challenge will be a Challenge in itself.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#31 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Would love to do this, and have been looking forward to it, but I can't drive to the TC2012 in one day, so I was going to leave Thursday night.

Bummer.
Posted Image

#32 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Anyone know the proper macro for counties? I have found and badge gen. Assuming I missed a county - searched, but can't seem to locate the proper one for TX.

Edited by 2katz, 20 April 2012 - 10:09 PM.

• thacatfish likes this
Posted Image

#33 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Challenge.gsk, CheckCountiesMapFile.gsk, CheckSpecialCountiesChallenges.gsk,

MapCounties.gsk Which one???
Posted Image

#34 Huff-Suter

Huff-Suter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSpring Tx

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

can there be another event that can teach us how to really take advantage of this program..by the time we realized there was an event...we had missed it...
Team Huff-Suter...
Cachin since-June 29-2011
Posted Image

#35 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Challenge.gsk, CheckCountiesMapFile.gsk, CheckSpecialCountiesChallenges.gsk,

MapCounties.gsk Which one???

The first step is to populate your database of caches (and finds) with County, State, and Country. By default these fields are typically blank. Assuming your database county fields are blank, this macro works very well to populate. I used it on my finds and it ran very fast and seems to be very accurate. The macro name is: "CountryStateCounty.gsk"

There is a companion to this macro that checks and updates these fields to make sure they are correct.

You can run this against your finds or against your entire database.

Once the you've updated the county data fields, for state, county, and country data then you can play with the various "map" generators and report macros to see which presents your finds or needs, etc in a way you prefer.

Hope this helps.

K
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#36 pindroppers74

pindroppers74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

can there be another event that can teach us how to really take advantage of this program..by the time we realized there was an event...we had missed it...

We were out of town for the last one and would love to attend a session!!!!!!
Posted Image

#37 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

another tool is mygeocachingprofile.com You must run your my find PQ...at the bottom of the PQ page, then go to Mygeocachingprofile.com and upload the PQ, unzipped. Set up the data you would like to have first...Jasmer Calendar, Countries I have cached in, 366 calendar and the likes. The program gives you the option to select which data you would like to run. It runs practically everything but *Finds placed by date* information.

It is very easy and all one has to do is upload there PQ to the program and the program does the rest.

It is a great tool to use while trying to figure out GSAK.

#38 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

I use FindStatsGen to do that type of updating and reporting. I then use BadgeGen to automate everything and upload to my profile. It has taken me many moths of tweaking with FSG to get the reports the way I want them. BG has a good tutorial on their website for setting up BG to then run another macro and upload. Pretty slick once it all works together.

FWIW - the I am running a beta of BadgeGen as the official version wouldn't show all the finds on 366 days of my calendar. Not sure why, but the beta version has fixed that bug. It's been a while since I checked, but I may also be running a beta of FSG.

Click on the little stats bar below if you want to see my public profile and what I just explained above spits out.
Posted Image

#39 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

@heftydude,

Nice way to set up your stats! Very cool!

#40 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

HD - I'm using both also. Maybe I'm just missing a checked box somewhere. I don't have all of the little tabs your profile shows - maps, other stats... I'll keep playing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users