• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

Anybody know where to get OSM maps and how to import them into C:Geo? I am traveling next year to areas where I will not have net access, and am trying to find a way to still have maps when caching. (will be loading caches using PQs.)

Eagle
Posted Image

#2 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Install Locus. Then install the Locus Map Fix. Then use Locus to download the map tiles locally to your phone.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#3 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

Not seeing Map fix. Do you mean map Tweeks?

Eagle
Posted Image

#4 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Yes. That is correct. Sorry.. darn semantics.. "Add-on Map Tweaks"

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#5 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

c:geo has an FAQ on how to make them here http://faq.cgeo.org/#3_12

Of course I run out of memory when trying to do the conversion of Texas. There's some websites of .map files of various EU countries, I used one for England for caching in the UK while I was there last week. That plus .gpx files allowed me to cache data free w/ c:geo in the EU w/o issues on my phone. One thing it doesn't say is that the .map file needs to be in any directory on the SD card other than the .cgeo directory. You put it in the .cgeo directory and c:geo won't find it.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users