6 replies to this topic

#1 SeekerOfSeasons

SeekerOfSeasons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hi all... I am giving a presentation this weekend (24Sep11)  on how to use an Android to Geocache and wanted to know if you guys have any “helpful Hints”???
I use C:geo to find listed, active caches from Geocaching.com. The problem is that these are temporary caches and not listed on the site… My biggest problem is I cannot find how to enter GPS coordinates’ into my GPS app on the Droid and have it “point” which way the cords are. It lists “where I am” cords but does anyone know how to get the GPS app on the Droid to give directions to an “entered” GPS coordinate? Or any way this can be done on the Droid? Thanks so much for your help.

#2 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

C:Geo has an any destination button that you can type in any coordinates that you want and it will treat it like a cache (used for mystery caches, but works for this as well).

Eagle
Posted Image

#3 SeekerOfSeasons

SeekerOfSeasons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Thanks Brother.... lol.. had that app forever and never saw that.... lol..  ;D

#4 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Locus has a Geocaching Add-on that is nice too.
Locus is a great standalone app but also works a companion app to C:Geo

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#5 SeekerOfSeasons

SeekerOfSeasons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

@fourPaws... I see "Locus Free" and "Locus - addon Map Tweak"... which one are you recommending??? or is it something else? Thanks for your help.

#6 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Locus free the base app, then there are add-ons you can install for added functionality.  This is the add-on he was suggesting.  https://market.andro...e=search_result

Eagle
Posted Image

#7 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

@fourPaws... I see "Locus Free" and "Locus - addon Map Tweak"... which one are you recommending??? or is it something else? Thanks for your help.

Earlier versions of Locus included support for several map options. The Map tweak just restores those map options and I would suggest installing it if you plan to use Locus.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users