150 replies to this topic

#61 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

this is stupid y cant they just get rid of the challenges and do what the GC public actually wants them to do its retarded how they waste their time on stuff that noone wants them to do

#62 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

The challenge you posted is a good one and I'm proud to say that I completed it! This kissing a frog nonsense is stupid. Didn't people regulate virtuals? If so, shouldn't these be regulated?

People are going ape over these.  All for a point.  Neb -- go look at White Buffalo's log and photo.  I don't remember whitewater, or mountains, on Armand Bayou.  Maybe it's just me getting older, though.  :2funny:
Posted Image

#63 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

The challenge you posted is a good one and I'm proud to say that I completed it! This kissing a frog nonsense is stupid. Didn't people regulate virtuals? If so, shouldn't these be regulated?

People are going ape over these.  All for a point.  Neb -- go look at White Buffalo's log and photo.  I don't remember whitewater, or mountains, on Armand Bayou.  Maybe it's just me getting older, though.  :2funny:

HA! Too funny! I think they just thought that they needed a picture of them on the water, not a particular body of water.

#64 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Legalizing armchair caching. 

Posted Image

#65 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

All they need to do is add a "Hide Challenges" button on my profile and I'd be happy.  :knuppel2:
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#66 bografan

bografan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Katy

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

It *is* that ridiculously easy, HC. I made that one challenge last night while reading this thread in another tab.

#67 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

I just created two challenges and I know alot of you meet the requirements.

http://www.geocachin...w.aspx?cx=CX838
http://www.geocachin...w.aspx?cx=CX841

We will see how long this stays approved.

My personal opinion is that there are requirements.  You must do something in order to *get the smiley*.  It is just another twist to finding neat places to go.  One is still traveling for the sake of a smile.  Let this happen, don't worry...Groundspeak is great about changing their minds and moving onto something different!!

#68 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

My personal opinion is that there are requirements.  You must do something in order to *get the smiley*.  It is just another twist to finding neat places to go.  One is still traveling for the sake of a smile.  Let this happen, don't worry...Groundspeak is great about changing their minds and moving onto something different!!

You.  Really.  Did.  This?  ???

Yes.  I.  Did.... But I realized they only allow one challenge per day, so I will need to post the next one tomorrow.  My challenges will be a bit tough and hard to earn.  I will not have challenges which state, take a picture of yourself kissing a kitten.  No, my challenges will be like the one I posted.  Infact, all my challenges will require an action and a picture to prove it.

#69 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

What I think is sort of ironic is all of the complaining about too many restrictions by reviewers and when these come along there's complaint about no reviewer restrictions.  I'm just saying. 

Posted Image

#70 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Looks like someone with a little photoshop skill will be able to complete your challenges...  >:D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

It was entertaining last night to watch the fireworks....we have never seen such a sh@#storm against GC before.....even to the point where Jeremy lost his cool and sniped at someone....which led to a firestorm of people publishing endless drivel in an effort to crash their servers....contentious isn't even the half of it...

You know, they PROMISED virtuals, they said they were coming back.  THEY LIED..  They gave us Challenge junk.  Whether they intentionally did it or not, they mocked all of the REAL challenge caches out there....

Sure, sure, we know, we all have choices to play the game or not, to do or not to do, we get it.  But don't tell us, "Well, we thought we couldn't turn the switch back on for virtuals..." despite saying on their feedback joke site that They Were Coming Back.

GC's lousy efforts to police virtual submission had a direct fallout on the community so they shut them down.  Cachers paid for their shortcomings.

By telling everyone they were coming back it indicated that, perhaps, they would police them better, be more stringent.  But, by all appearances, they LISTENED to what their CUSTOMERS wanted. 

Let's not forget that:  This is a customer driven business.  Call it a hobby, call it what you will, but if it were some mamby-pamby dalliance then there would be no advertising, no membership fees....

What they did was bad for business and having their CEO take pot shots back at his customers for expressing outrage was not a smart move.

Relying on a podcast to get the word out was also a bad move.

They are going to have a lot of damage control to work on....

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#72 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

It was entertaining last night to watch the fireworks....we have never seen such a sh@#storm against GC before.....even to the point where Jeremy lost his cool and sniped at someone....which led to a firestorm of people publishing endless drivel in an effort to crash their servers....contentious isn't even the half of it...

You know, they PROMISED virtuals, they said they were coming back.  THEY LIED..  They gave us Challenge junk.  Whether they intentionally did it or not, they mocked all of the REAL challenge caches out there....

Sure, sure, we know, we all have choices to play the game or not, to do or not to do, we get it.  But don't tell us, "Well, we thought we couldn't turn the switch back on for virtuals..." despite saying on their feedback joke site that They Were Coming Back.

GC's lousy efforts to police virtual submission had a direct fallout on the community so they shut them down.  Cachers paid for their shortcomings.

By telling everyone they were coming back it indicated that, perhaps, they would police them better, be more stringent.  But, by all appearances, they LISTENED to what their CUSTOMERS wanted. 

Let's not forget that:  This is a customer driven business.  Call it a hobby, call it what you will, but if it were some mamby-pamby dalliance then there would be no advertising, no membership fees....

What they did was bad for business and having their CEO take pot shots back at his customers for expressing outrage was not a smart move.

Really not a smart move for a business to piss the product off (yes, in GCs business model we are the product, eyeballs reading the ads) and then attacking them, just about the time a new competitor is entering the market with a neat are attractive variation.  This whole debacle might actually give munzees a chance to make head way.

Eagle
Posted Image

#73 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

Really not a smart move for a business to piss the product off (yes, in GCs business model we are the product, eyeballs reading the ads) and then attacking them, just about the time a new competitor is entering the market with a neat are attractive variation.  This whole debacle might actually give munzees a chance to make head way.

Eagle

Extra bad timing since they have the block party at HQ tomorrow.  Yikes! 
Posted Image

#74 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

I love reading those facebook comments.  9 out of 10 were did not like challenges.  There were over 200 comments on the post I read.  Pretty funny.  :tickedoff:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

[/quote]

O0 O0 O0 O0
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

I tried accepting and completing this, but the site couldn't respond.  I think the DoS attacks may be successful.  If that's the case, it's a shame since it will only escalate the issues because GS will have to take action.  What a mess they have caused themseleves!
Posted Image

#77 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

Eagle

Almost wish I could be there.  Hopefully GC will get the message pull these suckers FAST!!!

Eagle
Posted Image

#78 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

http://www.geocachin...w.aspx?cx=CX481

I was laughing hard at this one after I translated it to English.  It says, "Introduce yourself to the Hamburg Town Hall and hold a sign reading "Challenges are crap!" high"
There is no adventure without risk.

#79 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

http://www.geocachin...w.aspx?cx=CX481

I was laughing hard at this one after I translated it to English.  It says, "Introduce yourself to the Hamburg Town Hall and hold a sign reading "Challenges are crap!" high"

That is funny.  I gave it a thumbs up.  O0
Posted Image

#80 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

http://www.geocachin...w.aspx?cx=CX8F5

My challenge. It is retroactive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users