Photo

Do caches get published faster in other states?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 bbqandbeer

bbqandbeer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I know prime reviewer is the only reviewer for the entire state of Texas, and generally I think he does a great job considering what the load would be like.  But as I sit here waiting for caches to publish I wonder if other states have the same 2-5 day lag, the same inconsistent results?  Anyone have any experience with this from other areas?  How does Texas differ? 

#2 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

I think that 2-5 days is pretty good.  I don't think anything better than that should be expected in any state from a volunteer.  I certainly wouldn't want to be approving caches every single day of the year.  Besides, is anyone at risk of running out of caches to find if a new one doesn't get approved in any given week?  I know that everyone that hides a cache gets anxious to see their cache published after spending the time to hide it, so I can understand the impatience, but everyone should have a little more patience with the reviewers.
Posted Image

#3 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

You could always go view some random caches in other states and see what the difference is between the "cache placed on" date and the "Published" date.  Granted, there can be other reasons for a delay between those dates, other than the reviewer, but taken over a large enough sample, it might shed some light on the question.

I agree with Kathy that it is a thankless task.  I volunteered to be the handicap chairman for our golf club at work, which entails entering scores into the computer for about an hour once a month, then generating a report and emailing it.  I still find it arduous and often put it off to the last minute.  I couldn't imagine doing something like that for hours every single day (or night), without getting paid handsomely for it.  :P
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#4 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

I agree with Muddy Buddies.

#5 bbqandbeer

bbqandbeer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

I am in no way complaining about our kind reviewer.  I think he does an admirable job and I do not think I personally could do better if I tried. 

I was just curious if other areas with more reviewers have the same lag time. 

#6 agtitan

agtitan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAtascocita, TX

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

I've noticed a lot of other areas caches publish the same day they are submitted.  I am fine with the 3 days it takes in Texas though.

#7 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,256 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

Groundspeak hates Texas I'm sure of it... along with the rest of the country...  :crazy2:
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#8 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Groundspeak hates Texas I'm sure of it... along with the rest of the country...  :crazy2:

Maybe it is time to secede.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

OK, so I placed a small series of multi-caches to help folks working on the month of multi's challenge.  I made sure that everything about each cache meets the cache placement guidelines.  It's been 8 days and I sit here watching caches placed two days ago by newbies get published and not a word on mine.  I've heard PR hates series, and I can even understand pushing them aside for a bit to work on publishing single caches here and there, but 8 days?

I don't know if I should email him, publish a Reviewer Note to one or all of the caches, or just archive them...

#10 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

It took about that long for the TEXAS to get published in GBP.  I followed the procedure and emailed PR at the beginning with a list of GC#'s and cache names, and a general description of what we were intending to do.

After about 5 days, I re-sent the email.  

After 1 week (total) I sent the email to the  appeals@groundspeak.com.

The caches were published the next day.

http://support.groun...g=kb.page&id=81

OK, so I placed a small series of multi-caches to help folks working on the month of multi's challenge.  I made sure that everything about each cache meets the cache placement guidelines.  It's been 8 days and I sit here watching caches placed two days ago by newbies get published and not a word on mine.  I've heard PR hates series, and I can even understand pushing them aside for a bit to work on publishing single caches here and there, but 8 days?

I don't know if I should email him, publish a Reviewer Note to one or all of the caches, or just archive them...

Posted Image

#11 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Go for 2 weeks for the STS / Shuttle series.  And that's after I sent him coords to check 5 days BEFORE they were submitted.  I have some choice adjectives for PR that I'll refrain from using in the forums....  Seeking the golden orb and doing it his way... gets you NOTHING.

Posted Image

#12 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

My experience too on two separate series. Thought it was something I did or didn't do. Glad to know PR is equal opportunity for all :) misery loves company...
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#13 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Well, I guess that makes me feel better.  I didn't send any emails ahead of time or anything, because there's nothing out there to interfere with and it was only 13 caches.  Guess I'll just bide my time.

#14 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Alright new goal of 2013.  Create  an epic long series with other cachers in Houston of over 1,000.  Who is with me.  We all publish the same time and date!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Someone once told me not to poke the badger.

Posted Image

#16 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

"Your volunteer reviewer will strive to begin the review process within the next 7 days." appeared on the page for a new cache I just authored.  I have not listed a new one lately so didn't know that had been changed.  Makes some sense though, because the reviewers are volunteers presumably with a noncaching life, too. :laugh:  

There is no adventure without risk.

#17 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Still waiting...  I don't have a problem with reviews taking a while -- reviewers have lives too.  It just irks me a bit to see all these recently submitted caches being approved while mine languish.  I wonder if someone tried to hide a traditional cache or two on top of where my multis are if they would get approved while I'm still waiting?

Edited by HoustonControl, 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#18 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Still waiting...  I don't have a problem with reviews taking a while -- reviewers have lives too.  It just irks me a bit to see all these recently submitted caches being approved while mine languish.  I wonder if someone tried to hide a traditional cache or two on top of where my multis are if they would get approved while I'm still waiting?

Want me to try... give me the finals and I will do my best.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Nice try OHL!!

• ohl hockey guy likes this
Posted Image

#20 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Not me.  I just found two after work in La Porte/Pasadena, my first in caching 7 days.

TXGA SETX Representative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users