23 replies to this topic

#21 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I had a Delorme pn40 before getting a Garmin 62s. I now want my Delorme back. The 62s appears to never know which way north is and will spin me around in 30' circles around every cache. I've taken waypoints for caches that were 40' off. I want my Delorme PN40 back.

My older nuvi just bit the dust. I buy a new expensive one but it appears to actually have fewer features. They removed things from the software. On the bright side the screen is awesome and it is much faster. I've only had it a few days so the jury is out. I don't have model numbers for those memorized since they are more confusing than Mercedes or even Intel model numbers.

I looked it up.  I originally had a nüvi® 3790LMT that I liked a lot.  It died in peace last week and I did some research and got a nüvi® 3597LMTHD as my new in vehicle navigation device. The new HD screen is bigger and quite awesome to behold.  I still need to play with the settings some.  The kids like all the different car icons that I loaded to it.  But I am still trying to figure out how to get the ads off of it.  Garmin would call those points of interest with the appropriate logo tied to them, but I call them ads.  

FYI - voice command is awesome.  Once you get used to it.

• cajunabear likes this
Posted Image

#22 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

We brought a Nuvi 265W, a 60cx and an iPhone with us on the 4600 mile road trip and never used the Nuvi. Google maps and Yelp on the smart phone got us everywhere we wanted to go and the caching app on the phone either got me to the nearest cache or gave me coords I could put into the 60cx for the most accurate approach. Even played iHeart music through the phone to the car stereo and the directions would interrupt the music to tell us of an upcoming turn. Kept it charging in the car so no problem of a dead phone. May have a Nuvi for sale soon.
  • KeyResults likes this

#23 Great Birds

Great Birds

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Well I take that back about not developing a new GPS.  Garmin has a wifi enabled Android GPS that promises many features I want.  The Monterra for $650 list.  That price is not within my allowance right now, but at least Garmin is trying to keep up.

See my comments above. The screen resolution alone makes the monterra"ble"? a poor if not unusable android device.

Well that is an awful mess, You don't need a retina display, but really.   Look at what the new Google Nexus 7 tablet does at ~ 1/3rd the price.  At least they are looking forward.  It is just too bad they are unable to make one with reasonable specks at a reasonable price.  

#24 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Garmin may should get together inMotion
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users