#1 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Knight Cache.  GC2R9YC

Try it.  It's the first ever night cache I've found, so I might not be the best judge of those, but I REALLY enjoyed it.

#2 SavvySIREGirl

SavvySIREGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHockley, TX

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Cool!  I've been wanting to do a good night cache and this one sounds neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

We'll have to go check it out.  I solved the puzzle and now just need to get over there and find it.

Knight Cache.  GC2R9YC

Try it.  It's the first ever night cache I've found, so I might not be the best judge of those, but I REALLY enjoyed it.

Posted Image

#4 Bennett Tribe

Bennett Tribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Andy informed me that my cache container has been destroyed.  I'm very upset about this since it took me so much time and energy to construct it.  I'll see about replanning this cache, but I probably won't do the same thing.

#5 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

The good news is I have EVERYTHING from inside the cache.  O0 At least everything I can imagine was there.  It must have been some kids found it and were just determined to get inside thinking something valuable could have been there.  :knuppel2: Then found nothing and walked off after kicking the thing in the water. :tickedoff:  I think you might be able to replace only 1 board and some of the stuff inside.  I'll help and then redo the final just a little and maybe...  This was such a great cache, something should go back to the final or nearby.

#6 Bennett Tribe

Bennett Tribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

The good news is I have EVERYTHING from inside the cache.  O0 At least everything I can imagine was there.  It must have been some kids found it and were just determined to get inside thinking something valuable could have been there.  :knuppel2: Then found nothing and walked off after kicking the thing in the water. :tickedoff:  I think you might be able to replace only 1 board and some of the stuff inside.  I'll help and then redo the final just a little and maybe...  This was such a great cache, something should go back to the final or nearby.

Thanks Andy!  I will probably take you up on that

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

#7 Bennett Tribe

Bennett Tribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

..SO Andy and I will try to repair this cache and rework it over the next couple of weeks.  After my initial disgust wore off, I decided to re-work it and make it even better!  Please be patient with me, its not exactly a throwdown cache.  ;)

#8 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

My night cache was stolen after being out just a few months.  What I had originally thought was a secure location apparently wasn't.  I rehid it a little deeper in the woods (and secured it with a cable) and it has remained in play for 3 years now.  Make sure you hide it well!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#9 Bennett Tribe

Bennett Tribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Yes.  My thoughts exactly.  I'm thinking about archiving then putting out a new one that is more difficult to get to.  The cache was attached very well, but some kids beat it with a bat.  That was my first thought is that I made it way too visible.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

#10 Bennett Tribe

Bennett Tribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys.  For those of you who missed out on Knight Cache last time.  The new and improved version will be out this week.  Same area, but a new cache.  There will be no puzzle to solve this time, in order to make it more accessible, however, its a longer trail with more waypoints.

Now get out there before somebody destroys it again!  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users