• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

I believe Log Dawg said it would change some time early this week. Either way the caches are all there (I can personally attest to that). Go ahead and track them down.

Eagle
Posted Image

#42 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thinking I'm gonna make a run on this series either this coming Saturday or Sunday. One or the other I'm going

#43 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

I heard that the park is still not open and you guys had special permission to check caches. Any word on when it will officially open? If not, I'll call the park again. I would also like to get up there next weekend.
Posted Image

#44 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Per the head of the Forest they are waiting on the visitor parking up front to be finished and a few other small details. If the weather permits this week they will be getting that done and open this weekend. I will tell you we were not the only ones in the forest. Since there is a neighborhood to the west many people from it come into the forest to hike. We spotted a jogger, a family walking their dogs, and a lone hiker. I am sure there were more. I hope to make them all active ASAP. Only the extreme south section of the trails near 42-43 was really wet. With a few exceptions. I hope everyone will enjoy them again soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks LD.
Posted Image

#46 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

We finished off the series (except for the puzzle cache--by that point we were too bit up and beat) yesterday. The mosquitos were out in full force, and there was lots of standing water. A couple of the logs were too wet to sign, and a couple were full.

We'll go back on another day to finish the puzzle.

#47 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Breaking News Breaking News.........

If you have not done the caches in Jones State Forest.  Even the new ones placed last September.  (That series is better than the Presidential Series.)  You need to go do them in the next few months.  I will be revamping the entire forest and publishing two new and exciting series of caches.  It is something I have been working on for a while and I should have it completed by July. 

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hot diggity dawgs!

TXGA SETX Representative

#49 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

We have been talking about coming back to do the series... looks like sooner is better than later.  I hope that we will head up that way in the next few weeks.  We sure enjoyed the letterbox hides in the park that we went after a few weeks ago.  I would be so bummed if I missed the Presidential series so we will be making it happen.

#50 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

You have about two months.  FYI Park near Number 17 and walk in if you have completed the top part of the series.

• cachestacker likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

If anyone is planning a specific day, on a weekend, let us know - we still have many in the series to do.

come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#52 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

The forest is absolutely magical after all this rain.  Go and do it.

TXGA SETX Representative

#53 idcacher

idcacher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPanama City, Florida

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Breaking News Breaking News.........

If you have not done the caches in Jones State Forest.  Even the new ones placed last September.  (That series is better than the Presidential Series.)  You need to go do them in the next few months.  I will be revamping the entire forest and publishing two new and exciting series of caches.  It is something I have been working on for a while and I should have it completed by July. 

If the next ones are anything like what is there now, I'll be out in force on my next visit after placement.  What a great series there now!

img.aspx?txt=Caching+and+Hiking.&uid=c08

#54 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

TXSunflower, Brandon and I are planning on heading up to work on the series as we haven't really done any.  We figured we better get a move on since we know life tends to get in the way some times.  I just sent a note to Keely if anyone else wants to join us, let me know.  We will have 2 dogs with us and looking forward to a good day of fun.

#55 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

It's a two-dayer by most counts.

TXGA SETX Representative

#56 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I kind of thought so...  Our plan is to go have fun and get as many as we can.  We will see how it goes with the boy and 2 dogs. 

#57 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

It's a two-dayer by most counts.

It can be done in a day.  About 5 1/2 hours by bicycle as I recall.  Actually I missed one because I had accidentally filtered it out due to the last few logs being DNF.  I didn't notice till I went home to log the caches so I went back the next day and found it.  I wouldn't have added that much time had I gotten it along the way.  So, it's doable, but it's not easy, especially s the temps climb.

#58 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

I think we did it in a little over four hours by bike. Admittedly Log Dawgs was in the group. Eagle
Posted Image

#59 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

We did it by foot.  About 11 miles if I remember right.

It took about 8 hours.

Bring plenty of water.

Posted Image

#60 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Did it on foot too, started around 9am finished around 3pm. Did all Presidents, picked up some of the letterboxes on the North side of the park, all in all 54 for the day.

Did it in fall, so not as hot as it is right now, so indeed bring lot's of water. Due to excellent tree cover there is plenty of shade available though!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users