61 replies to this topic

#1 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

On Friday before the challenge, we did the Presidential Series.  Link to the first one http://www.geocachin...e3-39d12118d9a6.  It was a lot of fun and I can see it being another series that would be great fun to do as a group.  It's roughly about 12 miles to get the entire series and maybe a few extra that can be on your way in or out anyway.  Bring plenty of water and snacks because it will take you awhile to get through it.  The fast ones are doing it in about 5 hours and us slow ones (due to caching with me) did it in more like 7 hours.  In hindsight, this would have been a great series for bikes because the trail are all hard packed dirt wide dirt roads with no ruts and most of the caches aren't too far off of the trails. 
Posted Image

#2 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

On Friday before the challenge, we did the Presidential Series.  Link to the first one http://www.geocachin...e3-39d12118d9a6.  It was a lot of fun and I can see it being another series that would be great fun to do as a group.  It's roughly about 12 miles to get the entire series and maybe a few extra that can be on your way in or out anyway.  Bring plenty of water and snacks because it will take you awhile to get through it.  The fast ones are doing it in about 5 hours and us slow ones (due to caching with me) did it in more like 7 hours.  In hindsight, this would have been a great series for bikes because the trail are all hard packed dirt wide dirt roads with no ruts and most of the caches aren't too far off of the trails.

Looks like a fun series. I like the entry for the birthday for one of the presidents:

Born: August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii?

Posted Image

#3 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hmmm.  I think that entry is probably in violation of policy:

Geocaches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be a light and enjoyable family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda.

I should think removal of the "?" is in order.

#4 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Lest anyone think that I don't have a sense of humor, if there were similar humorous comments/punctuations on the others in this series, such as "?" after George W. Bush's occupation, that would be different.  Instead it is a single "comment" which can be taken as serving a political agenda (whether or not it was intended to do so).

I think an edit is in order.

#5 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Hmmm.  I think that entry is probably in violation of policy:

Geocaches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be a light and enjoyable family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda.

I should think removal of the "?" is in order.

I like you.

#6 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Ok I removed the question mark.  FYI It is not a political view, but rather a fact.  I am not saying he is not an American citizen as he is due to his mother, but rather that there is no physical proof of his birthplace.  IE Birth Certificate. 

I am glad to hear Muddie Buddies enjoyed the series.  I have had several people try the series so far and have had good feedback.  The bike route is the way to go as that is how I did the series in the first place.  By myself at first with a backpack and toting large caches by hand one way in.  I went back for adjustments with a buddy.  On a bike it can be done in 3-4 hours. 
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

Thank you.

I question your statement about this being a "fact".  How can you say "there is no physical proof of his birthplace"?  I can certainly believe that you have seen no physical proof of his birthplace.  Of course, I think it is fairly safe to say that you have not seen any President's birth certificate.  I haven't, as far as I can remember, but I have never questioned whether or not the birth certificates exist.

Again, thank you Log Dawgs for removing the question mark.

#8 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

It was a joke.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

seriously you asked him to remove the question mark? thats ridiculous he isnt an american citizen and he conned his was into office utterly ridiculous that people even act like he is fine and not covering up anything

#10 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

This is a forum about geocaching. Let's keep it that way. There are plenty of other websites on the internet that cater to politics.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#11 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Thank you.

I question your statement about this being a "fact".  How can you say "there is no physical proof of his birthplace"?  I can certainly believe that you have seen no physical proof of his birthplace.  Of course, I think it is fairly safe to say that you have not seen any President's birth certificate.  I haven't, as far as I can remember, but I have never questioned whether or not the birth certificates exist.

Again, thank you Log Dawgs for removing the question mark.

I still like you. A lot. :-)

#12 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Now back to our regularly scheduled program----

I did the presidential series today, and kudos to the owner of these caches. I had an awesome time. It took us about six hours, but we were really tired from the challenge. I agree these caches would be nice on a bike. I think the only drawback for bikes is that in some spots the trail is a bit sandy.
The containers are varied and the park is just awesome. If you like hiking in the woods go do this series.

:-)

#13 agtitan

agtitan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAtascocita, TX

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

I did 34 of the 44 caches the night they came out with Sticks and 007.  It was a ton of fun, but very exhausting!  We started at 10:15pm, and finished around 3:30am.  The containers were excellent, coords were very well taken, it was an overall great series!  Can't wait to go back and do the other 10 we skipped. 

#14 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Wow. Actually it could have been a typo as the ? is next to the . Of course you have to hit the shift key. :D
Posted Image

#15 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Wow. Actually it could have been a typo as the ? is next to the . Of course you have to hit the shift key. :D

Listen to Sockpuppet...he knows all about typos.  ;)
Posted Image

#16 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Excellent Series and a lot of fun. I had to split into two sessions since I got a late start both days. I'm gonna have to think about a mountain bike for some of these parks with trails! Saw a few sandy spots, but mostly I believe the bike would have been a real asset. Highly recommended, but mind the vine if you wear shorts going after that Puzzle!

A tip of the hat on placing a really fun series in a really nice park.
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#17 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

I did 34 of the 44 caches the night they came out with Sticks and 007.  It was a ton of fun, but very exhausting!  We started at 10:15pm, and finished around 3:30am.  The containers were excellent, coords were very well taken, it was an overall great series!  Can't wait to go back and do the other 10 we skipped.

Gee, the park is closed from sunset to sunrise... I'm just sayin!

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#18 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

We really liked the series.  We had great hiking weather on the first weekend, and hot, Houston, weather the next weekend.  We did all but the bonus and one DNF.  If we were bikers, it looked like a good place for biking.  We were glad to meet the CO, and trade tags.  We walked the whole way, and figure we ended up with about 13 miles.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#19 Sticks

Sticks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Gee, the park is closed from sunset to sunrise... I'm just sayin!

Yeah, it was great, nobody there to bother us. Sorry, I'm a rule breaker on so many levels.

#20 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Looks like there will be a prescribed burning in Jones State Forest

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=37911
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users