Photo

Warning - Do not park here if you're entering GBP from the West.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 The G-Team

The G-Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNW Houston

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Moving on to more positive things... if anyone wants to send me coordinates for "safe" parking areas around GBP that are not obvious I'll add them to the map.

Map?  What map are you referring to?  Is there a map of GBP parking areas already in existence?  Thanks, in advance,  for the info.

#42 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yea, first post in this thread  ;)

Here is the link - http://goo.gl/8Rmen

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#43 The G-Team

The G-Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNW Houston

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yea, first post in this thread  ;)

Here is the link - http://goo.gl/8Rmen

Excellent.  Can't wait to see what parking spots you will post on the map.

#44 FamilieRyan

FamilieRyan

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN29 43.150, w095 45.800

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

I was kidding in my earlier post.  It's not about being mean.  But bullying is wrong on all levels.  Would people's perspective change if this was your teenage son or daughter being berated and not the big, burly and handsome Team Four Paw? 

Btw, I usually park at the Walgreens down the street and never even thought of parking there. 

#45 Hoosier Ranger

Hoosier Ranger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHeritage Grand, Katy, TX

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

The parking lot on the east side of Walgreens at Highland Knolls & Fry has a sign to the effect that vehicles parked in their lot will be towed after one hour.  :police: I don't know if they will actually do it, but I park in the lots a few stores south of there and have never had a problem.

I like the idea of a CITO event. O0

#46 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Maybe someone could makeup a fake geocachers ONLY parking sign. :D
Posted Image

#47 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

I just looked at the map.  Boy, there are lots of swimming pools there!

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#48 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

I just got a call regarding my email I sent to the Park Admin office from one of the officers that's responsible for patrolling the areas around the park. Nice guy.  O0

1.) We don't have to change our parking habits as it's a public road and the public is free to park on the street as long as it's not blocking a driveway or more than 18" from the curb.
There is nothing the lady can do otherwise.

2.) Officer suggested that we put the dispatch number in our phones and call in should there be another confrontation.

3.) Officer said they would patrol the area over the next couple of weeks and see if there is a real problem with parking.

4.) I'm totally surprised I got a call back and from an officer no less. I honestly thought my email to the parks office would seemingly go unnoticed.

George Bush Park is patrolled by Pct.5
http://www.co.harris...ivdispatch.aspx

With all that said I'm still parking at the School and will no longer attempt to park near this lady's house.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#49 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Non-emergency number is 281 463 6666
Posted Image

#50 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

I just looked at the map.  Boy, there are lots of swimming pools there!

I had the same thought!

Great follow up Jason!
Posted Image

#51 Z_Malloc

Z_Malloc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

If you ever need a place to park at the northwest end of GBP, I live in the apartments on Barker Clodine located here:  http://maps.google.c...N 9541'7.00"W

You can probably discreetly park in the apartment complex office parking lot.  I do not think they really watch what goes on outside.  They also do not have any signs advocating that they tow vehicles that are not doing business there.

I know at the last big smiley a bunch of you parked at the end of the road.....there really isn't much proper parking down there so I would suggest you avoid that area to park in.  Being a policeman myself one can fairly easily justify towing a car if it is obstructing traffic....... :police:  That end can just get too congested and it's difficult to turn around, tons of pedestrian/bicycle traffic, etc.  I think it will save you a possible headache later.

What four paw said is exactly correct, if it legally parked, 18 inches to the curb, same direction of traffic, etc.  There is nothing a citizen can do about it.  That being said, they can still do crap to your car that can make a minor hassle even worse....as someone else suggested, just park a little further down the road.

I will even happily let people into my complex to park there for larger numbers of vehicles that need to go into the park....heck I will probably go with you!  ;D

Sincerely,

Z_Malloc / Jeff Cruser

My parting thought of the day:
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Posted Image

#52 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

i parked at that apartment complex a few weeks ago when i went in after the big smiley series nothing happened to my truck there so i was happy with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users