Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Latitude Attitude

Latitude Attitude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBaytown, TX

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm still coming but I may have to leave early and not paddle to the end of claps III.  My wife had something come up with her job and I may have to get back to watch the kids.  I'm going to beg my mom to help so we will see in the morning.  See everyone then. 

#43 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

We are up (way to early for a Sunday) and making like a baby and headed out
Posted Image

#44 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Had a great time today...came home and took a nap
Posted Image

#45 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,921 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

By my track log, we paddled 4.4 miles in 3 hours, including the backtracking.  Good times!  Well, except for bittybit's misfortune... :(
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#46 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

had a great time out on the water today im a little tired but oh well a few of us even vetured down and put in off nasa road one and paddled all the way back to bay area park so we could grab the alphabet series of claps

#47 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

I put a bunch of photos up on the event page.  KX did, too.  But this was the funnies thing I saw at the event.

No.  Correction.  While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event.  This was AFTER the event. 

It could have only been funnier if this was HC's car. Would have matched his boat.  ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

By my track log, we paddled 4.4 miles in 3 hours, including the backtracking. 

All up hill :2funny:
Posted Image

#49 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

I don't know.. those pictures of Larry in that "kiddie boat" were hilarious...  :D

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#50 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,921 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

I don't know.. those pictures of Larry in that "kiddie boat" were hilarious...  :D

I took the "boat" back to my brother-in-law.  He said to let him know if I ever wanted to borrow it again and I told him, "not likely"...

#51 Latitude Attitude

Latitude Attitude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBaytown, TX

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event. 

I heard the commotion from around the bend.  It seemed to be a high pitched scream!!  What could it be?? A snake, a gator, somebody fall in.  No just a little spider.  Now we know thacatfish's kryptonite.  :)

Anyway thanks for the event Kevin we had a blast.  And my son wants to go back for more.

#52 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event. 

I heard the commotion from around the bend.  It seemed to be a high pitched scream!!  What could it be?? A snake, a gator, somebody fall in.  No just a little spider.  Now we know thacatfish's kryptonite.  :)

In his defense, it was a HUGE spider. I encountered a few good sized spiders while I was out there and I never freaked out. The one that Thecatfish dealt with? I kind of can't blame him... but I still couldn't help but laugh when he freaked out.

#53 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

im telling yall the spider was the size of a dinner plate and it was staring me down ready to pounce there was nothing i could do about it it was definetly a mean spider i had to do what i had to do.............

#54 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:18 AM

Truly, just glad it was someone other than ME this time.  :D
Posted Image

#55 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

Yes, Larry in the kiddie boat was extremely hilarious!  :D :D  You could tell he was a bit miserable, but hey he saved $50.00!! 

I think he wanted to trade out boats with someone but he was too afraid to ask!!

Great job on the event Cachestacker....It was so much fun!!

#56 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Wanted to give a big shout out to Houston Control and thacatfish for shuttling many of us back to Bay Area Park after a series of unfortunate events fell upon no muggle and bittybit.  :o  THANK YOU guys very much for helping out!  O0 O0

Here's to hoping that no muggle's and bittybit's hassles and inconvenience are short-lived.  And if you ever find out who did it --  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:
Posted Image

#57 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

Is anyone going to share what happened to no muggle and bittybit? 
Posted Image

#58 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,921 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Wanted to give a big shout out to Houston Control and thacatfish for shuttling many of us back to Bay Area Park after a series of unfortunate events fell upon no muggle and bittybit.  :o  THANK YOU guys very much for helping out!  O0 O0

No problem -- I just put my kayak in the ashtray and loaded the others in the back of the truck.  It was really easy.  ::)

Disclaimer -- This is 3rd or 4th hand information: From what I understand, bittybit was parked at Big Island Slough parking and someone stole her purse (which contained her keys) out of her truck.  Her truck may or may not have been broken into in the process -- details are not clear on that.  >:(

#59 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Here's to hoping that no muggle's and bittybit's hassles and inconvenience are short-lived.  And if you ever find out who did it --  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Ditto
Posted Image

#60 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

We had quite a few people do the CLAPS Challenge cache on the day of the CITO.  But the paddle bug bit Trea and geojrh -- they came back today to paddle and cache more!  That's quite a drive, but probably more sane than doing all that in one day (unless you had to rent and get it all in at once). 

Congrats to all the finishers yesterday who did it all in one day -- with the second part in that brutal wind:(georeyna  :uglystupid2:, geodaughter :uglystupid2:, Raven :uglystupid2:, heftydude :uglystupid2:, and kemis :uglystupid2:).  And those who had already completed the challenge but went along with them for the ride (you know who you are :uglystupid2:  :buck2:).  That's a lot of extra paddling after the event!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users