Photo

Doing a Little to Help the World and Your Fellow Man (person?)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

I still refuse to do it.  I think it's a giant corporate/government conspiracy of the military industrial complex to introduce GMO's into our food supply!

I'm just not sure how yet...

You're either Shield or you're Hydra...sooner or later you'll need to decide HC ;)
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#42 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

I reckon by the end of this month I'll catch up to Thot in total credits  ;)

It's a little discouraging to see you'll do as much in six weeks as I've done in 4 years, but I'm really happy to see your contribution grow at this rate. 

#43 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

I reckon by the end of this month I'll catch up to Thot in total credits  ;)

It's a little discouraging to see you'll do as much in six weeks as I've done in 4 years, but I'm really happy to see your contribution grow at this rate. 

Right? LOL It's like he's the Borg or something. I have simply assimilated and joined his Collective. ;-)

img.aspx?txt=The+Chuck+Norris+of+Caching

#44 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Welcome GASTX, and thanks for joining the team.

Edited by Thot, 18 May 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#45 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Well today I had to give up one of my machines. :( It had 12 logical processors. It was processing 12 work units at a time and completing around 60 units a day.

In exchange I got a 16 core AMD test machine we built and never used!  :coolsmiley:

It's being used now....

Attached File  16proc.png   27.29KB   5 downloads

• Baytown Bert likes this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#46 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

My baby is in the shop. Power supply gave up. It's (the PSU) is still under warranty but the guy who built the computer for me has all the paperwork so I'm waiting on him and the factory to get their s**t together and get my PSU. It's been two weeks now. I've made it through the shakes and have progressed to reluctant acceptance accompanied by an expression of despair and melancholy.

#47 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

My baby is in the shop. Power supply gave up. It's (the PSU) is still under warranty but the guy who built the computer for me has all the paperwork so I'm waiting on him and the factory to get their s**t together and get my PSU. It's been two weeks now. I've made it through the shakes and have progressed to reluctant acceptance accompanied by an expression of despair and melancholy.

It's a 12-step process. Step #10 is asking BaytownBert if he has a used computer you can borrow.
  • Jhawk! likes this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#48 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

It's a 12-step process. Step #10 is asking BaytownBert if he has a used computer you can borrow.

LOL I have a laptop and two desktops collecting dust in a closet somewhere. If I wasn't so lazy I'd drag one out and set it up but in the age of mobile phones and tablets I'm limping along. If I had known it was going to take this long I would have kept my CPU while they did the RMA process for the PSU and slapped a temporary 750 watt in My Precious.

#49 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

It's time to try to drum up more volunteers for this project. 

We have 8 forum members signed up.  Can't we at least make it 12.  It's for a good cause and costs you nothing but unused computer time. 

Please read the original post   (The list of current projects is no longer current)

And, if you're reluctant for some reason read this post

Come on, join up. 

Current forum members:

• 2katz
  • baytownbert
  • GASTX
  • ggmorton
  • Jhawk!
  • KeyResults
  • Thot
  • and our illustrious leader Team Four Paw

Edited by Thot, 18 October 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#50 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

I could learn a LOT from you TFP.

Word.  TFP is my hero.   TAZ427 is not so far behind.

hey, I'm about to dive into Microsoft High Performance Computing (HPC) in a big way... anyone here have knowledge in that?  Our R&D team have drank copious amounts of the HPC coolaid.  As a test bed, I think I will be getting a few 8 core last generation decommissioned systems to play with.  It is unclear at this time if we keep them in our Annapolis data center or ship them to our Missouri City data center. (LOL)   If they come here and I am paying the AC/AC costs, then I think we should at least get some fun test experience out of them doing massively parallel processing for the betterment of human kind*. 

* do you think I can expense that line item?

Posted Image

#51 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

I could learn a LOT from you TFP.

Word.  TFP is my hero.   TAZ427 is not so far behind.

hey, I'm about to dive into Microsoft High Performance Computing (HPC) in a big way... anyone here have knowledge in that?  Our R&D team have drank copious amounts of the HPC coolaid.  As a test bed, I think I will be getting a few 8 core last generation decommissioned systems to play with.  It is unclear at this time if we keep them in our Annapolis data center or ship them to our Missouri City data center. (LOL)   If they come here and I am paying the AC/AC costs, then I think we should at least get some fun test experience out of them doing massively parallel processing for the betterment of human kind*. 

* do you think I can expense that line item?

And BB has THREE graphics cards?!?!?  Who would'ha thought?!?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users