98 replies to this topic

#61 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

I have heard two things:  1) Mega will be determined by the number of logs on GC.com, and 2) Mega is deteermined by sending in our log book.  I have no idea what the answer is, but if it's the latter, I don't think there is a chance. 

While individuals could be split out on the gc.com, few even indicated the number in their group/team on the logbook, and a ton of people never signed.

Anyone really know what it takes?
Posted Image

#62 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:41 AM

There was a logbook?

#63 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

i was wondering the same thing i never saw a log book while i was there and definetly didnt sign one

#64 geohiker

geohiker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

There was a logbook?

What she said......

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#65 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

I went around during the event telling teams and those with kids to create accounts and log the event to get the numbers. Not sure if people are doing that though.

I did see and sign the log book!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Would indicating "attended" on the event at geocaching.com do the same thing?

#67 stirfrie2005

stirfrie2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, I never saw a log book either. But then again, we were all a little preoccupied with getting everything and everyone ready for the hunt.  ;D

#68 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, HoustonControl! Can you post Catwoman10's too?? She was caching with me and thacatfish.

I never saw the logbook either, but I heard there was one.  I was kinda busy with other stuff...

Catwoman10:

Attached Files

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#69 Frostys

Frostys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thanks to everyone that helped put on the event!  Lynn and I both had tons of fun, and want to do more.  We met so many wonderful people.  Our team was complete class all the way. 

Stan, YES, I would like to have my score card back and will try to make other events this month to catch up to it.

Again, THANKS everyone.  GREAT JOB!!!  GO SETX.

#70 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

I went back and looked at the number of "Attended" logs online for the previous Texas Challenges and they are as follows:

2003: 42
2004: 101
2005: 137
2006: 165
2007: 161
2008: 154
2009: 201
2010: 176

We're at 243 and counting for 2011 which makes it the most-attended Texas Challenge ever.  But if the attended logs are the criteria for Mega status, we probably have a few years to go yet.  :-\

#71 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

I added a Mr Muddy Buddy account and logged the Friday and Saturday events.
Posted Image

#73 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

We cache as a team.  Should we each log it individually?  I know at leastKF5IEW does that also.  That puts it at 251.  Still quite a ways to go.

#74 Hedge Hopper

Hedge Hopper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIrving, Texas

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

You guys did a great job!!!

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

His score was 530.

Langly is a hardcore cacher and was wondering since he found 20 including the 5/5 water one (which he swam to...hummmm)...that perhaps since his score cards were wet and separated and he had a very hard time punching with them wet, if most of his finds were disregarded???  That would make his average a little less than 1/2...very disappointing to him

He also found one cache without a punch, one with only 1/2 of the punch and one that was so plugged up that he could not punch.

#75 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

But if the attended logs are the criteria for Mega status, we probably have a few years to go yet.  :-\

Interesting.  Attended logs don't represent a true number of people that attend so if you need 500 attended logs, then MEGA events have well over 500 participants.

#76 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

We cache as a team.  Should we each log it individually?  I know at leastKF5IEW does that also.  That puts it at 251.  Still quite a ways to go.

Yes
Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

There was a logbook?

There was definitely a logbook. I even remember that ParkerPlus signed right before I did. However, after I signed it I never saw the logbook again.

#78 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

It was on the registration table on the end closest to the Losge.  Problem was it wasn't put out till Saturday, I think (when the event was).  Most people picked up their packets Friday evening and didn't go back by that area until the silent auction.

And then it was moved by the raffle tickets.  Those of us there asked and told people to sign, but even so....
Posted Image

#79 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

You guys did a great job!!!

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

His score was 530.

Langly is a hardcore cacher and was wondering since he found 20 including the 5/5 water one (which he swam to...hummmm)...that perhaps since his score cards were wet and separated and he had a very hard time punching with them wet, if most of his finds were disregarded???  That would make his average a little less than 1/2...very disappointing to him

He also found one cache without a punch, one with only 1/2 of the punch and one that was so plugged up that he could not punch.

I know that the cache in the lake (34T) was compromised sometime during the event (the punch was lost in the lake)  so, per the rules, no finds on that cache were counted.  Any scorecards with impressions of a punch, half punches, hanging chads, etc, were counted as finds -- to the best of our ability.

I personally didn't come across any damaged or illegible scorecards, but I only scored the CenTex team. 

#80 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Looking at the physical card of Langly, I only see that 12 items were punched.  There might have been 1 other space that was punched, but the scorecard was torn in half at that point, so it would have been hard to determine whether it was punched or not.  34T (the water cache) was not punched.  None of the other spaces even remotely looked like a punch had been applied.
I witnessed the scoring of the cards, and each card was checked by 2 people, then again at the scoring table as they were entered into the computer.  Every effort was made to give credit for the caches.

We really appreciate his effort on behalf of the SETX team.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users