98 replies to this topic

#41 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

Very cool, TFP. First time i've seen all the challenge caches laid out. Did anyone find 42M? At one point we had 10-12 cachers looking in that little corner, maybe not realizing it was part of a multi.

#42 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Here is my and Keely's tracklog if anyone is interested.

You guys definitely covered some territory!  Great work

#43 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

Hats off to gsguru, who took around a group of girls (newbies) that really kicked butt in the scoring.  They were right on up there with the power cachers.

I went along with them and had a great time. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys, Gsguru!

We really did have alot of fun. The youngsters were all gung-ho and ready to go the disctance. Nebulus703 is a maniac when it comes to getting the caches. We sprinted/powerwalked/hobbled to the aid station to make sure we got our cards in. I, being the last in our group, arrived with 5 minutes to spare.... whew... GOOD TIMES!!

That's my girl! Go Diane!

#44 stirfrie2005

stirfrie2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Sorry I couldn't walk back with you stirfrie, but I needed to get those cards back to the lodge ASAP so we could begin the scoring -- and it still took me over 20 minutes by bike just to get to the trailhead! (I passed a lot of slow-moving, tired cachers the last half mile or so).  As it was, the scoring still took 3 hours.  That was a lot of cards to check, verify, and enter into the computers!  Maybe next time we can use Scantron scorecards and automate the tabulation!  O0  :D

It's cool. We made it to the trail head around 3:00. And to our disbelief there was a NTX cacher there with cold water and gatorade, waiting to give stragglers a ride.  O0

#45 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

With our scoring spreadsheets, we were able to save everyone's result.  In a day or three (or 20) I plan to go back and see how many times each cache was hit.  I know some of mine in the more remote sections only got found once or twice.  It would be nice to see the find numbers on a map.  I put several caches way off the trail, just to take advantage of all the available terrain in the park.  In hindsight, that probably wasn't such a good idea...
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#46 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

i was wondering what my score was i never got to see my card just wondering if anyone has that information available

#47 stirfrie2005

stirfrie2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

i was wondering what my score was i never got to see my card just wondering if anyone has that information available

Same here. I would love to get my score card back if that's at all possible.

#48 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Scorecards were made available at the CITO Sunday morning and I think some people picked theirs up.  I'm not sure what happened to the rest, if the team captains got them or what.  Lynne or Elisa would know.

Here's the electronic version of thacatfish's.

Attached Files

#49 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

Stirfrie2005's score.  You rocked it, girl!  It was that last game of Bop-It before the buzzer sounded that put you over the top!  :)

Attached Files

#50 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

With our scoring spreadsheets, we were able to save everyone's result.  In a day or three (or 20) I plan to go back and see how many times each cache was hit.  I know some of mine in the more remote sections only got found once or twice.  It would be nice to see the find numbers on a map.  I put several caches way off the trail, just to take advantage of all the available terrain in the park.  In hindsight, that probably wasn't such a good idea...

A breakout by hits would be interesting to see, especially for all the hide team members.  As far as the score cards go, the last time I saw them Lynne was planning to hand them over to the team captains for each region.

#51 stirfrie2005

stirfrie2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thanks, HoustonControl! Can you post Catwoman10's too?? She was caching with me and thacatfish.

#52 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Team high score?

#53 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Lynne gave me our scorecards on Saturday evening since she knew that both Arlene and I were headed home Saturday night.  We passed out the scorecards to those that were in the park still and I texted our group that I had them and where I was.  I took the rest home with me to give out to anyone that wanted them.  I'd be glad to bring them to any of the events this month (Park & Gab, HGA, or the Sugarland event).  I'd love to get them out of my house.

Larry, we'd love to see the find distribution and whatever statistics you might be able to share with us. 
Posted Image

#54 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

As far as I know, the highest I saw was 1070.
Three on the team got this score.  MTcachers, Manofsteel73, and SunnyandSticks.

Team high score?

Posted Image

#55 Hedge Hopper

Hedge Hopper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIrving, Texas

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

You guys did a great job!!!

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

#56 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

You guys did a great job!!!

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

His score was 530.
Posted Image

#57 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Only 231 logged the event so far. Not sure we are gonna make mega at this rate.  :'(

I have contacted a few folks that didn't log as "attended" but instead with a note or will attend. Hopefully they will change their logs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Only 231 logged the event so far. Not sure we are gonna make mega at this rate.  :'(

I have contacted a few folks that didn't log as "attended" but instead with a note or will attend. Hopefully they will change their logs.

no way thats right there was way more people than that there we need to get people on the logging

#59 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

no way thats right there was way more people than that there we need to get people on the logging

Yes, there were more people than that, but many of them are logged as a team (ie. 4 people or more people could be logged as one).
Posted Image

#60 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yes, there were more people than that, but many of them are logged as a team (ie. 4 people or more people could be logged as one).

guess we need to get some of those people to make their own profile and log it as their first find then so we can get our numbers up huh? i guess thats the only way that it can be done or is there another way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users