98 replies to this topic

#1 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

Ok folks, the Texas Challenge has officially been sent to PR for his approval.  The cache page is very much in its *infancy stage*.  So I need followups from the following people.

Gil - ggmorton
Gary - Texas Dreamweaver.
Harry Downer - Roland_oso

Lynne aka MaxwellsHammer has been rolling with a great hide team and has already begun the long process of estabishing hides and types.  Thank you very much Lynne for all your help and taking over committee head for the *hide* team.  It is a BIG JOB!!

will post link when event gets approved.  I really need the above people to update me on their committees.

Thanks, Elisa

#2 Maxwell's Hammer

Maxwell's Hammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I would like to give kudos to the WONDERFUL people who make up the hiding committee.  We have 20 of the most giving, selfless, and hard-working cachers in the greater Houston area giving their time and effort to hide approximately 80 caches in and around Huntsville State Park.  It's gonna be a great Challenge, and we hope to see all of you there.  ;-)

#3 agtitan

agtitan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAtascocita, TX

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

We will be there.  We are taking the camper for the weekend.

#4 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

I would like to give kudos to the WONDERFUL people who make up the hiding committee.  We have 20 of the most giving, selfless, and hard-working cachers in the greater Houston area giving their time and effort to hide approximately 80 caches in and around Huntsville State Park.  It's gonna be a great Challenge, and we hope to see all of you there.  ;-)

I hope you leave the hunting team some people.  :D
Posted Image

#5 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

I hope you leave the hunting team some people.  :D

double that post :D

#6 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

I want to *second that* and agree with Lynne, the hide team committee are the best and are so dedicated.  Alot of work has gone into the hide already and much more is planned.

To the *seekers*...beleive or not, we have alot of people ready to *hunt* for SETX.  We are not only in *strategy hide* mode but the *find* team are already offering their services to compete!!

#7 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

Texas Challenge 2011

http://www.geocachin...aspx?wp=GC2FDX2

Its official SETX...we still have alot of planning but the ball is rolling and it is in our backyard.  Let us show the rest of Texas what Texas Hospitality is all about!  O0

#8 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

I hope you will continue to post new information on the forums as well as on the cache page because I don't dare put a big event on my watchlist and swamp my email with "will attends", but I would like to keep informed of what's going on. 
Posted Image

#9 Bananapoo

Bananapoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

I was thinking of how this Challenge may go mega, and I think one way to pull it off is with a mutual sponsorship with two media providers for geocachers... Podcacher and FTF Magazine.  They could be sponsors for free, and advertise the crud out of the Challenge at the same time.  A special edition FTF Magazine can maybe be sold at the challenge to help fund the event, and FTF could possibly have a nice fancy article posted in it to boost awareness.

I don't want to speak on behalf of either of those entities, but it is an idea worth exploring.  Huntsville SP is big enough to host a ton of geocachers, and making the event a mega might get Huntsville more willing to provide more profound discounts and help.  Just saying...

#10 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

I was thinking of how this Challenge may go mega, and I think one way to pull it off is with a mutual sponsorship with two media providers for geocachers... Podcacher and FTF Magazine.  They could be sponsors for free, and advertise the crud out of the Challenge at the same time.  A special edition FTF Magazine can maybe be sold at the challenge to help fund the event, and FTF could possibly have a nice fancy article posted in it to boost awareness.

I don't want to speak on behalf of either of those entities, but it is an idea worth exploring.  Huntsville SP is big enough to host a ton of geocachers, and making the event a mega might get Huntsville more willing to provide more profound discounts and help.  Just saying...

I think that is a great idea and very much welcome you to approach the above entities to bring attention to the event.  It would be ideal if this turned into a Mega event....it is due to turn into one some year.  Please email georeynozos@gmail.com!!  Would like to discuss this further....

#11 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

It's raining in Huntsville now but should clear up tomorrow and the weekend is looking pretty good...http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/TXSPHUNT:13

Eliza ordered up some nice weather and TPTB are coming through.

#12 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

It's raining in Huntsville now but should clear up tomorrow and the weekend is looking pretty good...http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/TXSPHUNT:13

Hopefully that will tap out the smoldering stumps as well as make the ash to soggy to cloud up!

#13 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

I was told by Huntsville residents will allow the rain to *wash away* some of the soot.  The prescribed did not only effect the park, but areas where people reside etc...Similar to what GSGuru was discussing in another area. 

Yes, bbqbob, I ordered great weather with a margarita...hopefully I will get both!!  :crazy2:

#14 Kajun_Kacher

Kajun_Kacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLake Charles, LA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

WOW!!! This is gonna be a perfect weekend for caching!!! Weather is gonna be splendid!!! looking forward to burning some wood and finding some caches!!!!

#15 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

WOW!!! This is gonna be a perfect weekend for caching!!! Weather is gonna be splendid!!! looking forward to burning some wood and finding some caches!!!!

The weather will be great but so far the county remains under a burn ban. 

#16 Kajun_Kacher

Kajun_Kacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

so we wanna get some nite caches  any ideas of some good local ones?

#17 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Starry starry night is close by.  I'm partial to it (my wife gave it to me for my birthday).

#18 Kajun_Kacher

Kajun_Kacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

cool deal will go for it!

#19 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

cool deal will go for it!

Very nicely done, and you'll love the final.

#20 geohiker

geohiker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

so we wanna get some nite caches  any ideas of some good local ones?

BLOODY MARY (NIGHT CACHE)
Star Light Star Bright ~ Night Cache
Starry Starry Night -- Night Cache

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users