194 replies to this topic

#121 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

I don't know what (s)he was using, but they had no clue it defaulted to that nor that they could do a real log from the mobile phone.  E-mail prompted some investigating and they learned.  I've only seen the gc app, so not sure how any of the other ones work.
Posted Image

#122 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

See, I had the memories of Nevada in my mind and HC has to post something about a *banana hammock*....  ;D :D

I've been getting a bunch of "Logged from my Mobile Device" logs, which means they didn't bother to write anything.  >:(

You told me once that sometimes you don't even read all the found logs on your caches.  :police:

You guys are always getting your panties in a bunch about the silliest things.

I don't think that was me.  I generally read all the logs to my caches.  I don't read all the discovery logs to my geocoins, like after I've taken my collection to a big event and get 500 discovery emails, though.

As far as my panties being in a bunch, missy, I usually wear a thong or banana hammock, so they're ALWAYS in a bunch!  :teasing:
<how's that for a nice mental image?>

#123 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

See, I had the memories of Nevada in my mind and HC has to post something about a *banana hammock*....  ;D :D

Nevada?  You sure it wasn't our trip to GW7 you were fondly remembering?  ::)

Attached Files

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#124 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Exactly!! My dementia is getting the best of me...I was thinking of the celestial sights in the desert and I am confusing it with I got mooned in Mississippi!!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Nevada?  You sure it wasn't our trip to GW7 you were fondly remembering?  ::)

#125 Great Birds

Great Birds

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

First we had BaytownBert in his BVDs now HC in his banana hammock.  What I want to know is who is going to be the first go for the Full Monty?  :2funny:

#126 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

Perhaps a way to educate the newbies is to invite them to a newbie class that is put on by a veteran cacher.  Email invitations could go out to some of those newbies that seem to be doing the things that are annoying the veterans.  I'm not volunteering to do this training because it's not bugging me enough to do anything about it and I just don't have the time or energy right now to do so.  If I were feeling better and I didn't have 2 weddings in the family coming up, I might volunteer, but the time is not right now for me now.  It could be a way of getting out the information without them feeling attacked like an email addressing the issue might make them feel. 
Posted Image

#127 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

Perhaps a way to educate the newbies is to invite them to a newbie class that is put on by a veteran cacher.  Email invitations could go out to some of those newbies that seem to be doing the things that are annoying the veterans.  I'm not volunteering to do this training because it's not bugging me enough to do anything about it and I just don't have the time or energy right now to do so.  If I were feeling better and I didn't have 2 weddings in the family coming up, I might volunteer, but the time is not right now for me now.  It could be a way of getting out the information without them feeling attacked like an email addressing the issue might make them feel.

There is a Wiki---

#128 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

There is a Wiki---

That's certainly a start. 
Posted Image

#129 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:27 AM

I suspect that there are 2 basic groups of people who geocache.  Those who want something new/flash in the pan types, who do it for a short while and lose interest.  Education is not even a concern, as they will move on as soon as the shine wears off.

The second group tend to be a bit anal (right?) and regardless of what happens next, they will seek out all the info they can find to promote their interest.

Both groups will make initial mistakes.  Heckfire, I'm still making them left and right.  :angel:

TXGA SETX Representative

#130 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

I suspect that there are 2 basic groups of people who geocache.  Those who want something new/flash in the pan types, who do it for a short while and lose interest.  Education is not even a concern, as they will move on as soon as the shine wears off.

The second group tend to be a bit anal (right?) and regardless of what happens next, they will seek out all the info they can find to promote their interest.

Both groups will make initial mistakes.  Heckfire, I'm still making them left and right.  :angel:

Nope neither of those are me. There must be at least a third group where I belong. I love love love geocaching, but I could care less how or if you log one of my caches. Heck you don't even have to go find the cache for all I care, log it from your couch if that is what you are into. 

My philosophy is "you do you, and I will do me"

#131 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

Bit my tongue and now require many stitches...

#132 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

Bit my tongue and now require many stitches...

:D :D
Posted Image

#133 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

Note: Add 3rd group:  Rebellious by nature.  They don't give a rats meow, just want to have fun.  :2funny:

Nope neither of those are me. There must be at least a third group where I belong. I love love love geocaching, but I could care less how or if you log one of my caches. Heck you don't even have to go find the cache for all I care, log it from your couch if that is what you are into. 

My philosophy is "you do you, and I will do me"

TXGA SETX Representative

#134 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

You and Stan finally tying the knot?  ::)  :D :D

#135 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

You and Stan finally tying the knot?  ::)  :D :D

Do we get a party if we are?  :2funny:
Posted Image

#136 FamilieRyan

FamilieRyan

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN29 43.150, w095 45.800

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

It is always good to say what you feel - better than just packing up and going way.  That being said, we are in the process of planning a high end D/T series in George Bush Park that may cause you pain in a different way!  >:D

COOL!  Bring the pain!!! O0

You ready for this?

Attached Files

#137 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

...a treasure trove!  O0

TXGA SETX Representative

#138 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Trying to understand the connection between this and the topic of the thread?

#139 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Apparently, finding the first waypoint of a multi qualifies as FTF!  :D :D

http://coord.info/GC24NT3

#140 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

I bet that's a logging error.  He's been caching since 2008 and has over 350 finds.  At least once I have forgotten to change the type from Found to DNF.  Mrs Hazlenuts promptly corrected me.  :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users