194 replies to this topic

#61 Great Birds

Great Birds

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

You can just see where they are (or should be) on GoogleEarth.  No more going out and getting all hot and worrying about chiggers or poison ivy.  Come on folks, think outside of the box!  O0

Why go to GoogleEarth when you can just look at the maps on GC?

I just logged finds for all your caches that I had not found.  That bumped up may numbers a bit.  Thanks!

#62 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Unless the cache is special due to it's creative container then I'm fine with cachers at the very least provide proof they were there and saw or laid hands on the container.

If you had a terrain 4.5 cache thirty feet up in a tree, would it be alright with you for a person to log it by saying they saw it from the ground?

edited to fix the quote problem

Yes, that would be fine because I'm a nice guy and realize that not everyone can climb trees. :)

Well hell, now I gotta go and find all the caches that were in trees that Donna climbed to get for me.  Four maybe....  :D :2funny:

Only FOUR??? It sure seems like a lot more...  :2funny: :2funny:

#63 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

Unless the cache is special due to it's creative container then I'm fine with cachers at the very least provide proof they were there and saw or laid hands on the container.

If you had a terrain 4.5 cache thirty feet up in a tree, would it be alright with you for a person to log it by saying they saw it from the ground?

edited to fix the quote problem

Yes, that would be fine because I'm a nice guy and realize that not everyone can climb trees. :)

Well hell, now I gotta go and find all the caches that were in trees that Donna climbed to get for me.  Four maybe....  :D :2funny:

Only FOUR??? It sure seems like a lot more...  :2funny: :2funny:

OK, 5, but it gets really blurry after that!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

#64 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

What?  Donna climbs trees?  How come when I'm out caching with her, I'm the one climbing the trees?
I gotta start taking better notes....  :D
Posted Image

#65 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

[quote author=Mr Muddy Buddy link=topic=12129.msg104777#msg104777 date=1281666394]

[/quote]

What?  Donna climbs trees?  How come when I'm out caching with her, I'm the one climbing the trees?
[/quote]

I thought Fendmar climbed them for the group.  Take "Mikey" caching, he'll climb anything.  :D
Posted Image

#66 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

[quote author=Muddy Buddies link=topic=12129.msg104778#msg104778 date=1281668416]
[quote author=Mr Muddy Buddy link=topic=12129.msg104777#msg104777 date=1281666394]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Fendmar climbed them for the group.  Take "Mikey" caching, he'll climb anything.  :D
[/quote]

I only climb them when no one else will. Stan and Mike are always eager to climb trees so I don't want to ruin it for them.  :D :D :D

#67 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

[quote author=kirbydox link=topic=12129.msg104780#msg104780 date=1281669171]
[quote author=Muddy Buddies link=topic=12129.msg104778#msg104778 date=1281668416]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I only climb them when no one else will. Stan and Mike are always eager to climb trees so I don't want to ruin it for them.  :D :D :D
[/quote]

As long as it's not me that has to climb the tree, I don't care who does it.  Nobody would want to see me climb a tree.  It wouldn't be pretty. :)
Posted Image

#68 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

Maybe we should run an experiment where we hide a cache inside a PVC pipe with a logbook with end caps that are glued shut.  Then we can see who logs the cache. :2funny:
Posted Image

#69 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

Maybe we should run an experiment where we hide a cache inside a PVC pipe with a logbook with end caps that are glued shut.  Then we can see who logs the cache. :2funny:

How about signing the container with a Sharpie? 
Posted Image

#70 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

How about signing the container with a Sharpie?

I seem to remember signing a piece of cement.  (it was he actual cache)
I've done this on 2 mtp caches.
Posted Image

#71 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Speaking of minimum requirement, do you think it's possible to go find DB Cooper Jr. while on a 3.5 hour layover at IAH?  ::)

http://www.geocachin...f7-d5c0e76969e8
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#72 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

Well, you can drive right to it... Done in 3.5hrs... well I don't know.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#73 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

I wondered too when I saw that log. ???  Doesn't it take at least half that 3.5 hrs to get back through security??? :D :D

#74 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:35 AM

The person is very much a newbie, so maybe he thought you just had to solve the puzzle cache to claim it and not really go there. 
Posted Image

#75 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

The person is very much a newbie, so maybe he thought you just had to solve the puzzle cache to claim it and not really go there.

He has only 1 find of a mystery cache - this one !!

Posted Image

#76 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

I suspect he may have meant to write a note instead of a find. After all it is a pull down menu. ::)
Posted Image

#77 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

I suspect he may have meant to write a note instead of a find. After all it is a pull down menu. ::)

That was my thought too.  .... I hope.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#78 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

That was my thought too.  .... I hope.

He did say "solved," not "found."

#79 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Isn't it about how he plays the game?

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#80 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:56 AM

Isn't it about how he plays the game?

Some play the 'if you see it but can't get to it you can still log it' approach (i.e., caches in trees).  Others play the 'if I solve it I can log it' approach on puzzles.  ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users