• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Out here in clear lake area and very recently found out about geocaching. And love it!!! But find it hard to get some of my friends to go with me. They hear words like bugs, woods, etc and go running. Lol Im a female and prefer to hunt with the same. Anyone? 

#2 Lefty Writer

Lefty Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Welcome!

:)

There are lots of us here in the Clear Lake area.  You won't find a nicer bunch of people around that are on this forum.

Cindy (my wife) and I would be happy to coordinate something with you, depending on your and our schedules.
carpe cerevisi

#3 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

That'd be awesome! My schedules pretty flexible. How does one go about scheduling a trip? Msg on here? The regular geocaching site? Or does hgcs have a facebook page maybe? Sorry for all the questions. I'm still learning.

#4 ggmorton

ggmorton

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Welcome to your new addiction.  :)

One of the good ways to meet people in this area to go caching with is to attend one of our monthly meetings.
It is normally on the 1st Tuesday of each month. The place sometimes changes, but lately has been at 9'ers Grill on Blackhawk Blvd.
So you just missed the August event.
Try to make the next one if your schedule permits.

Posting in the Metro Mashups sub forum will normally get a few responses.

Once again, welcome to the forums.
Posted Image

#5 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Thanks gg! Yes I'll totally be at the next one. Assuming I'll see a post on this site when it gets closer?

And yes this is insanely addicting! :-)

#6 Lefty Writer

Lefty Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

CoyoteKel, if you aren't a premium member yet (Geocaching.com, not here), you may wish to consider going ahead and upgrading to it.  The $30 per year is WELL worth it, and will give you more site features to work with.

Not sure when Cindy and I are going out again, as we are prepping for  Colorado trip coming up soon.  Once we get back, though, we'll probably have some travel bugs we picked up in Colorado to place here.
carpe cerevisi

#7 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Was curious if I should actually become a premium member. Wasn't sure what extra features it would offer since I use the geocaching app on iPhone instead of the website. Might as well. Going to a good cause.

Have fun on your trip. Be safe and happy hunting!

CK

#8 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I'm down to maybe going caching with you. I'm not really close to that area but I'm sure we could work something out whenever I have the time or gas to out there. Not to mention I can get a lot more caches in a place where I never am.

And yes, welcome to your new addiction is the perfect way to introduce a new cacher. This is pretty much all I think about now. I'm still pretty new myself but every time I go somewhere I always plan out a route so I can find some more caches along the way. It's taking over my life but I don't mind it at all. I love a good adventure!

#9 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

Welcome, CoyoteKel.  I'm in Clear Lake.  ggmorton is right - come to the HGA event that's normally either at 9'ers Grill off BW-8 at Blackhawk or at Abe's at Hwy 3 @ Clear Lake City Blvd.  There are quite a few cachers in our area, and the events are a great place to meet them, ask questions, and have fun.  I'll try to remember to post it here or PM you once I see the next one post.

If you want to try a specific area or a series, post your desire and time/date in the Metro Mashups thread.  If you post it, they will come.  Always fun to cache with others.

Hope to see you out and about soon.
Posted Image

#10 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

Thanks cachestacker! Please don't forget about me. And Neb, you are so right about thinking about nothing but. We need a geocaching anonymous program! Where are you located? We could meet in the middle and then we'll both be in a new place!

#11 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Where are you located? We could meet in the middle and then we'll both be in a new place!

Pretty much Baytown. At least that's where I spend all my time.

#12 Quossum

Quossum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

I'm a female cacher who wouldn't mind meeting to grab a few. I'm in the SugarLand area, but I'm totally down with a "meet in the middle" thing so that we can both cache outside of our usual areas.

This coming week I've got Friday totally free, or if you'd like to get together with me and my hubby, the weekend is good. Just drop me a PM.

--Q

#13 Quossum

Quossum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

CoyoteKel, Don-Giacomo and I got together Saturday for a day FULL of caching! We had more fun than monkeys up a tree!  ;)

You folks have got to go caching with this gal--she is tough, fun, and ready to do what it takes to find a cache.  We broke our record for a day, ending up with 18 finds and no DNF's, and there were some hard ones in there, too.  :laugh:

Can't wait to do it again!

--Q

#14 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

CoyoteKel - here is the event http://www.geocachin...92-01ffd6e7e6a2

If it comes up with an 'error' message it's just because it has not published yet.  It will soon, so just keep checking back each day.

It will be at 9'ers Grill -- Blackhawk @ BW-8.  Hope to see you there!
Posted Image

#15 CoyoteKel

CoyoteKel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Q,

Thanks for the compliment. Was an awesome time! And you guys are pretty determined too! Ended up going to my sisters and taking the whole group out to find a few in her neck of the woods. Ended up with a total of 21!

Can't wait till next time.

:-)
CK

#16 LDB

LDB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Are there still first Tuesday meetings and if so where?

Edited by LDB, 27 November 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#17 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Check out these local, upcoming events:

http://coord.info/GC3X6WP

http://coord.info/GC3W89K

http://coord.info/GC3YXYD
Posted Image

#18 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Here is the next, regular ABC Event: http://coord.info/GC423DW
Posted Image

#19 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Here is the next, regular ABC Event: http://coord.info/GC423DW

Not quite regular as this one is on the 2nd Thursday and not the 3rd Thursday due to the relative closeness to the holidays but it will be awesome fun as always.

Edited by ohl hockey guy, 28 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

i'm a clear lake area newbie and looking forward to meeting others in the area eventually.  was planning on going to the next ABC event this month, but found out i should have out of town company that night (the meeting was something he was not planning on, so i don't think i can drag him along).  you'll find me caching most often with my short red-headed sidekick on this side of town or when camping, but you can also find me out with my katy family (j-shout, geo otter and furbalskia).

Edited by green-eyed, 08 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users