star_avi8r 15
Jarihend 15
Wild Cat Bud 13
We B Hikin' 13
tx_secsy 13
KandRS 13
Full House 5 13
EBandM 13

This list includes inactive caches.  So far I haven't found an easy way to eliminate them.

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Something tells me ol' Mark will still be way up there even after he's been gone a year or two.  Great cache hider, that Chance Encounter.  I liked the fact that his caches were really spread out.  He didn't just blanket an area with tons of micros, his were all well though-out, individual hides.

Speaking of blanketing an area, my count jumped up 6 caches while you were typing this post!  :D

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 The Full House 5

The Full House 5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Like your stats, Thot!  O0

Oh, the queries we would query if only we could attach directly to the GC database tables!  ;D  

I'd love to make graphs of cache find rates and cache hide rates over time for the Greater Houston Area if only we could run a little SQL, heh heh!  :laugh:

#4 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

Those are very interesting stats. Thanks for putting them together.

#5 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

How come your numbers don't equal my stats?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

How come your numbers don't equal my stats?

I think it is just caches hidden in the greater Houston area --  though I'm not sure what the radius is.  His numbers matched my stats for unarchived caches (not counting my caches published this evening) once I backed out caches I have in Dayton and New Waverly.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#7 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:01 PM

CHANCE ENCOUNTER might be one that owes the most caches.  A lot of them are in Tennennesse, SE Texas and maybe some other states.  No telling how many in the Houston area.  A lot were all East Texas.

I ran a survey and he has placed some 387 total caches all over.  Out of the 387, he has some 102 archived and 2 disabled.

9KEY has 322 active caches.  I have no idea how many disabled or archived.

As for me, I have placed some 131 caches plus 8 more pending,  69 of which are archived, 1 was never approved and 9 currently disabled

I know somewhere, one cacher has placed some 4000 caches, I don't recall his name.  He is not from the Houston area.  KING BORUS or something like that.  Check the forum in GC.

Its still fun to find some unusual places to hide a cache around Houston

#8 9key

9key

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLewisville, Texas

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

169 of my 322 caches are archived. CE and I both hit 300 on the same day.
Cybercat of San Antonio is in third place in the state, I think.

#9 two dog knight

two dog knight

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

So when Snoogans gets his "One Degree of Seperation" going will he own all those caches in conjunction with the hider or will he just be the Godfather.   If he is going to be owner in conjunction with, it will be a long time before anyone will be able to beat his record of owned caches.
;D  :D  O0 
I am the Two Dog Knight, and I approved this post.

#10 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:38 AM

;D From the overnight listings, looks like Parker Plus is trying for the most set in one weekend.  Good timing.  O0

#11 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:16 PM

Pretty soon Parkerplus will again have the most caches hidden in the greater Houston area.  Keep them coming Parkerplus.  I guess we have some catching up to do after all of the ones that came out last night.  Of course, we're getting way behind just about everywhere. 
Posted Image

#12 kandrs

kandrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

I have a newbie question:

How does someone like Chance Encounter maintain caches in Houston when he lives in TN now?  Seems to me like they would need to be archived due to not being able to check on the logs and how they are holding up.

#13 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

Most finders will let you know if the log it wet.  In fact they may even replace them.  When was doing a bunch  of ParkerPlus caches I would bring extra log paper just in case the log was wet or full.  It is also import to log DNF's so the cache owner will know it might be gone.  Many cachers who happen to be in the area may check out them as a courtesy.
Posted Image

#14 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact we refreshed the log on ParkerPlus' "Sisters of Charity Park" today when we found it full.  Unfortunately when we went to "Rats,I didn't bring the Fishing Poles" I did not have another.  The log there was wet and full.  If you go, take a log extension suitable for a micro, but I am sure P+ will have changed it out by then. 
The item about logging DNF's is pretty important to us because we use it to tell if a cache is in trouble.  Today when we visited ParkerPlus's "Skim Milk" we found the entire lot freshly bulldozed and a cable worker trying to fix the communications lines that had been burned by the workers who cleared the site and started a fire burning the debris.  Funny thing, he said that the damage to the lines had cut a lot of communication to Minute Maid park last night.  So much for the City enforcing the restriction on outdoor burning.
Anyway, we will try to fix the caches we can, report any problems and definitely report any DNF's.

#15 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

Today when we visited ParkerPlus's "Skim Milk" we found the entire lot freshly bulldozed and a cable worker trying to fix the communications lines that had been burned by the workers who cleared the site and started a fire burning the debris. 

No more SKIM MILK?    :'(
That was one of my favorite P+ caches.
Posted Image

#16 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

Sorry, only P+ can tell us if it is really gone, but I suspect from the evidence it is.

BTW  ;D Welcome to the forum Mr. Muddy Buddy.  Haven't gotten around to doing that even though I feel like I know you well from other cache experiences.  Hoping to meet up someday.

#17 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

Went by the location and found everything and I mean everthing is gone. Everthing. No more artwork, no more SKIM MILK.

Many thanks to all of those that came by here and looked for SKIM MILK. It was fun to read all the logs, comments.

#18 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:22 PM

Sorry to bring you the bad news about Skim Milk P+, We did enjoy a batch of your other downtown caches Sunday. 

#19 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:14 PM

I think all of my caches are outside the reviewed area, maybe there's an award for living in Houston, but only placing caches far away??? :'(

#20 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

I think all of my caches are outside the reviewed area :'(

That's what you get for placing your caches on offshore platforms.  Bet you don't have many finds either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users