#41 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Diane,

I smoked for 30 years then decided last fall I had had enough.  In early December I targeted Jan. 5th as my quit date.  I got a prescription for Chantix from my DR.  I have tried patches many time and they never worked like Chantix did.  I was also resolved to lose weight so I bought a rowing machine and built up to 45 minutes a day.  Whenever I get the "I gotta have a smoke" I do crunches or any kind of exercise.  If you are determined you can do it!!!

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#42 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Diane,

I smoked for 30 years then decided last fall I had had enough.  In early December I targeted Jan. 5th as my quit date.  I got a prescription for Chantix from my DR.  I have tried patches many time and they never worked like Chantix did.  I was also resolved to lose weight so I bought a rowing machine and built up to 45 minutes a day.  Whenever I get the "I gotta have a smoke" I do crunches or any kind of exercise.  If you are determined you can do it!!!

Congratulations on your quit. This is truly the first time I have tried. Hopefully it will stick. If not, then I'll get back in the saddle until it does. I am determined NOT to live my life, any longer, tied to the nicotine demon hanging around my neck. I always thought the way I would quit would be when they put me in the ground. Now, I have decided that I want to really live the rest of my life in a healthy way. Whatever that may mean..... who knows?????

#43 The Pieman

The Pieman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationOcean Shores, Wa

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you were holding up.
I'm really happy for you to be doing so well. It sounds like you are very determined.
I believe you have the strength of personality to pull this off. I tried four times before I finally quit. I was fishing on a beautiful day and I had just lit up. I set my cig down to bait my hook and as soon as I cast my line I set my rod between my knees and lit up a smoke.  I looked out he corner of my eye and saw the first cig smoldering on the edge of my tackle box and I was so disgusted with myself for not being able to keep track of one cig to another that I crumpled the pack up and snuffed out both butts. I thought I was going to go mad but after a month I forgot about smoking. Until then I never lasted more than 10 days.

#44 fendmar

fendmar

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationFort Bend

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Keep it up, Diane! You'll feel better soon!  O0 O0 O0

img.aspx?txt=Found+it!!!&uid=1c1e1810-fd thumb_blueprint.jpg 13475.gif

Houston.gif

#45 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

OK, I fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on it today..... WOW, this is tough!

#46 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:45 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooo.  You were doing so good!  Stick with it!!!!!!
Posted Image

#47 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

OK, I fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on it today..... WOW, this is tough!

It is extremely tough! I once quit for 5 years then started again!  This time I haven't had a cig since 1/05/09.  I really hope this will be the final time I try to quit.  Chantix really helped!

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#48 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

I am doing pretty good now. No major cravings, but I am on the patch. I am just trying to break my habits right now..... very hard but doable

Congrats on your quit!!

#49 two dog knight

two dog knight

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hey Diane,
I quit cold turkey, New Years Eve, 1989.  It worked. I always contended that it was my time to quit and that is why it worked.  This is your time to quit and it will work for you too.  A day at a time, a day at a time.  If you did not have a cigarette yesterday and your still alive, why do you need a cigarette today.  You can and will live without it. 
I did have a cigarette about three years later at a grandaughters wedding reception...yes, I was a little tight, lol, but that cigarette was the most terrible tasting thing I ever put in my mouth.  Couldn't believe I smoked for almost 45 years and I was just realizing how bad they tasted. 
You can do it kiddo, and believe me the next time I see you I will give you two kisses instead of one.  Now, I wonder why i only ever gave you one kiss at a time?  Hang in there and stop thinking about the store on the corner.  O0
I am the Two Dog Knight, and I approved this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users