143 replies to this topic

#141 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

My FIRST trackable was last placed in a cache in Arkansas on 8/6/2011.  The cache was called IT'S GOING, GOING, GOING, IT'S GONE!!!1!!.  Which was apparently bulldozed, CO missing, and finally archived by PR.  So it's gone, gone, went.  

Then someone logs that cache it as found - I think trying to free the TB.  Then they log the TB.  They have 1 find - which I think it the erroneous log on the archived cache.  

They are in Alaska with it and said they're putting it in a 'new' cache soon.  Hopefully not a noob putting in a newly placed cache with no finds.  ugh.

In any event, nearly 3 years later, my first TB is/may be back in action. Hopefully this new cacher will get it in a real cache so it can start moving again soon, regardless of how dubious it all seems.

• Kirbydox, Baytown Bert and Dhaulaghiri like this
Posted Image

#142 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

Here's one that showed up after a 3 year hiatus.

Georeynozos Karma Geocoin #2 - Pink

Posted Image

#143 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

Yes, a cacher who will not be named brought it sheepishly to the event and said his wife had it in a drawer for several years and he just found out, so he passed it on to Team Cull who was trading TBs, so maybe now it will move again.  I'm Team Cull's witness that he wasn't the one that had it for all of these years.   LOL.

Here's one that showed up after a 3 year hiatus.

Georeynozos Karma Geocoin #2 - Pink

Posted Image

#144 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

I found a TB today that has been missing for five years.  It left Arizona, got moved to Houston, was held briefly by Zephyr01 and then sunshot99, who "passed it over to another Scout Troop from San Antonio to take to a Ball game at Enchanted Rock Park. icon_smile.gif"

I found it in a cache at Inks Lake State Park - no idea how and where it has been but it is back in play now!  That's fun!

• ATMA, CANINE QUEEN, Baytown Bert and 1 other like this
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users