• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

I had my Rackateer Geocoin reappear after 7 months.  I gave it to somebody at the 12-12-12 12:12 event.  Never got logged, and was officially still at the event.  I had given up on it.  Then over the weekend I got an e-mail saying somebody had picked it up at McKinney Falls, and will be dropping it at Pedernales Falls next week.  

Eagle

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

#122 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I carried my Rackateer Coin around for quite a while until finally dropping it in my Peaceful Hills cache near Fredericksburg.  Several cachers discovered it, but left it in the cache.  Then it was picked up by someone with 2 finds who has never logged into GC.com since and won't respond to emails.  :tickedoff:

Edited by HoustonControl, 15 July 2013 - 03:57 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#123 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

My chicken TB was picked up in Honduras 3/29/10.  Today the guy who picked it up placed it in Virginia, and then Panama.  Hmmm. Who knows if he still has it or not and just hasn't retrieved it.  But it's moved.  Only took him 3+ years.  But, now, if it doesn't move in the next 3 years I'm sending him a sternly worded e-mail.  :knuppel2:

• Baytown Bert and green-eyed like this
Posted Image

#124 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Try to bribe him with ten August find badges, Kevin. LOL

TXGA SETX Representative

#125 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Well here is one of my daughters Travel Bugs http://www.geocachin...cker=TB1F18D#, that she released 6 years ago when we started caching, it lasted less than a week. Now over 6 years later it resurfaced.

Edited by ProMed Rick, 26 August 2013 - 12:14 PM.

• ohl hockey guy likes this

#126 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

I thought I dropped one off in a cache in Virginia on 9/29/08, but it went missing.  Fast forward to 8/06/13, and a cacher found it at a Garage Sale in Illinois.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#127 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

One of mine (that is really my daughter's), just made an appearance after three years in silence:

19.png 09/02/2013 jthockey23 grabbed it   Visit Log
Picked this up from a geo buddy that has been away from the area for a bit. will move this along today.
4.png 06/28/2011 tonkavette & Lovebug posted a note for it   Visit Log
The last cacher who said he took your geocoin only marked it as "discovered". Maybe he needs a little nudge. It is definitly not in the cache.
48.png 07/04/2010 EBlack1981 discovered it   Visit Log
Picked it up from Doxie Moxie (GC298AG) in the Wetlands of Ellison park in the suburbs of Rochester Ny. Will move it a long and log it once I drop it.
14.png 07/01/2010 gmansan placed it in Doxie Moxie New York - 1,252.7 miles  Visit Log
Posted Image

#128 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

My Sunburst TB resurfaced yesterday after going MIA for 17 months.  Sweet!

• ohl hockey guy and ATMA like this

#129 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

My Blue Switch Geocoin finally started moving again after 3+ years.  Emails to the holder went unanswered, but at least he didn't lose the coin.  Well, that's assuming he really did drop the coin in the cache it shows to be in...

#130 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

I think Blindzman who found a cache yesterday for the first time since 9/2008 with 4 geocoins in it probably will get some good emails from those owners.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think Blindzman who found a cache yesterday for the first time since 9/2008 with 4 geocoins in it probably will get some good emails from those owners.

The cache you linked to was archived in 2011.  Could it have been a different cachee?

#132 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Archived in 08 but maintenance done by CO.  His note on FB

I went to another archived cache today and found it along with and unactivated dog tag and 4 geocoin's. I am sending an email to the owner of the coins to see what he wants me to do with them.
http://coord.info/GC1G373

Posted Image
Posted Image

#133 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Last found in '08, maintenance done in '09, archived in '11.

#134 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Last found in '08, maintenance done in '09, archived in '11.

Yea, and supposedly found in 2014? interesting development, I would've thought that when you archive a cache you also remove all physical evidence.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#135 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

One of my HGCS People geocoins was retrieved yesterday from the event it was dropped into in December of 2012.  Seriously?  14 months to log a trackable as retrieved from an event?

If you don't know how trackables work, keep your mitts off of them!  :knuppel2:

• KeyResults likes this

#136 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

One of my HGCS People geocoins was retrieved yesterday from the event it was dropped into in December of 2012.  Seriously?  14 months to log a trackable as retrieved from an event?

Same thing happened to a few of my TB's at a Park and Gab.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Same thing happened to a few of my TB's at a Park and Gab.

I'm hoping that will happen with my TB that Brent dropped in the Texas Challenge last year, but it's still MIA

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#138 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Perhaps the person didn't get it from the event that it was logged in but actually got it from one of the many TB hoarders that carry around a lot of TBs at events to trade that had forgotten to log a TB and they gave it to someone who was actually doing what they were supposed to and logged it out of the event that it had been logged in for quite some time.   You can't always plan the person that is finally logging the TB.  Sometimes it just looks like they were at fault and they are just catching the TB/geocoin up when they finally get it. 

Posted Image

#139 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

Perhaps the person didn't get it from the event that it was logged in but actually got it from one of the many TB hoarders that carry around a lot of TBs at events to trade that had forgotten to log a TB and they gave it to someone who was actually doing what they were supposed to and logged it out of the event that it had been logged in for quite some time.   You can't always plan the person that is finally logging the TB.  Sometimes it just looks like they were at fault and they are just catching the TB/geocoin up when they finally get it. 

Good point.  My comment still applies, but just not necessarily to the current holder of the coin.  I never really understood the concept of carrying around a trove of other people's stuff to "trade" at events.  "I'll give you one of these things (that don't belong to me), but only if you give me one in return".  :crazy2:

• TexasWriter and green-eyed like this

#140 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

One of my first trackables, Bonsly Travel Bug, just resurfaced after 4 years!    :cheers:  Some newbie in France picked it up and must have forgotten about it. Today I received this log:  "Retrouve! Je le cache tres vite!"    Translation: "Found! I hide it very quickly!"   

Let's hope so.  

• ohl hockey guy, cachestacker, 2katz and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users