• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 Benttandem

Benttandem

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ah Kevin, as usual my navigation skills in the computer fail me. Where do I find the "sort by last log" box. I open the TB file and don't see and can't find any such box. This is a common problem of mine. After the fellow in Germany logged dropping the TB all his visited logs showed up. I thought he probably just logged a lot of activity at one time. I have heard that some folks in Germany play by some of their own rules. I thought the travel bugs that I have held longer than I should but at least took to visit all the caches I found in the interim were showing up on the owners page. Am I just confused here and getting this all mixed up? I do have another question on customary practice. I activated a new TB and posted a picture of the TB. You could see the TB number in the picture. Almost at once, people (mostly in Germany) began to discover it. They were viewing it in the TB gallery. I don't know if this is a problem or not. I changed the picture so it will stop happening. I wondered what others think of this practice.

#102 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

From the main GC scren, click "Your Profile" and "Trackables (Yours)" -- Click the YOURS.
That brings you to your list of your trackables. It will say you have X number of them and list them.

Below the number, and above your list, you'll see Sort by: Name Last Log Distance.

click the box next to Last Log. Logs include dips, but dips do not send notification e-mails. So if you were to look, you may see your bugs / coins moving around that have just not been dropped in a cache yet. Unless they logged everything at the end of a trip, if they are logging along the way and dipping in some (or every) cache they visit, you'll see it as soon as the log for those caches is done.

As for the pic -- never post the trackable number in a log or photo for that reason. And in case it gets hijacked. Listing the public TB number is fine.
Posted Image

#103 Benttandem

Benttandem

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Ok, I got it. A little instruction and a little hunt and peck works everytime. I have heard of armchair cachers in Germany and I kind of wonder if the TB really went to all those places or if it was just logged in them. It sure jumped the milage on the TB.

#104 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

My Surf Board TB moved. Last picked up 9/8/2008. Placed today. So 4 full years, but back in action.
  • pindroppers74 likes this
Posted Image

#105 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I have a TB that was retrieved from a cache and never heard of again back in June 2008. This past month it was put back into play when some geocachers grabbed it from the person that had been holding onto it. It's now back in a cache for the first time in over four years.
  • pindroppers74 likes this

#106 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

While cleaning the car the other day, I found a TB, that I grabbed (but never logged) in August of 2007. :-[
Apparently is got stuck in between the drivers seat and the center console. It will be released into the world again, soon.
Posted Image

#107 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

It's a good thing you weren't fishing that day. ;)

While cleaning the car the other day, I found a TB, that I grabbed (but never logged) in August of 2007. :-[/>
Apparently is got stuck in between the drivers seat and the center console. It will be released into the world again, soon.

TXGA SETX Representative

#108 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

5 Years wow. Glad you found it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

The car it was found in was brand new when he lost it and that car isn't usually the cachemobile. It's kind of embarassing though because we both try to get TBs back into caches quickly.
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

#110 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

So THAT'S what happened to my (*insert trackable name here*)!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#111 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Unfortunately, it wasn't yours. :NTN:

So THAT'S what happened to my (*insert trackable name here*)!

Posted Image

#112 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well this story isn't as impressive as some, but I am pleased to report that today we were hiking and caching in Seminole Canyon State Park.  In the first cache we did, we picked up a travel bug.  When I went to log the find, I was surprised to see that the owner had marked it as missing on 9/30/2011--so I grabbed it and dipped it so it will log the miles to end up in Seminole Canyon.  It had last been seen in Colorado.

#113 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I haven't been doing this as long as many of you so none of mine had been missing that long but I have heard about TBs missing.  I had read this thread before and it made me think of a TB I left at a TB hotel in Denver in July where the person who grabbed it said they would show it Europe.  In August it was dropped off at a cache in Germany.  So after reading through here I thought I would look at see where it was left.  It is left in a cache with a difficulty of 3 and a terrain of 5 and no one has found the cache since it was left as it does look a difficult... so I am interested to see if some day someone will go out to that cache and make the find.

#114 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I had one dissapear after it was dropped in a cache in a game preserve in Tanzania and an animal of some sort stomped the cache to oblivian and gone.

TXGA SETX Representative

#115 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

My "Europe or Bust" HoustonControl geocoin showed up today, almost two years after I dropped it in GeoWoodstock IX.  The finder claimed they found "some coins dumped in a cache" and would move them along.  Oh, he/she also attended GeoWoodstock IX.  Coincidence? :coolsmiley:

Edited by HoustonControl, 17 June 2013 - 02:53 PM.

• TexasWriter likes this

#116 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

My Signal Tag Showed up today after over  a year sitting in a cache in New Hampshire.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#117 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

My Travelling Back Pack has vanished after the Texas Challenge...

http://www.geocachin....aspx?id=123782

As has one of my coins...

http://www.geocachin...aspx?id=4661363

Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,868 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

I too have a coin sitting in the Texas Challenge, along with 141 other trackables...

#119 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I haven't been doing this as long as many of you so none of mine had been missing that long but I have heard about TBs missing.  I had read this thread before and it made me think of a TB I left at a TB hotel in Denver in July where the person who grabbed it said they would show it Europe.  In August it was dropped off at a cache in Germany.  So after reading through here I thought I would look at see where it was left.  It is left in a cache with a difficulty of 3 and a terrain of 5 and no one has found the cache since it was left as it does look a difficult... so I am interested to see if some day someone will go out to that cache and make the find.

I received an e-mail that the owner went to their cache and it was destroyed with no trackable insight.  They archived my trackable.... so much for that one.

#120 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

They archived the cache, and marked your TB as missing.  I had that happen before and it showed up 2 years later.  It's likely gone, but don't give up hope.

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users