140 replies to this topic

#81 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

My TB from the 2008 race has been resurrected after 3 years!

http://www.geocachin...tracker=TB18QD0

Edited by SockPuppet, 31 January 2012 - 05:18 AM.

Posted Image

#82 stirfrie2005

stirfrie2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

My very first TB went missing soon after I sent it out. It was missing for over a year, but was grabbed up by ninjakurt last month. :D I couldn't be more excited!

http://www.geocachin...aspx?id=2978140

#83 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

This got me to look back and my tb's.... very interesting...

#84 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

I just got this note this morning. it only sat idle for about 6 months, but it is indicative of the typical types of problems with trackables (and this one is a micro coin):

Log Date: 2/3/2012
I am so so sorry! I was cleaning out my geocaching backpack today and found this tiny geocoin in the bottom. I completely forgot I had it. Going to an event tomorrow, will definitely take it with me and move it along. Once again, my appologies to the owner for keeping it this long.

Posted Image

#85 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

Take a look at this one... was dormant for 5 years...

http://www.geocachin...?tracker=TBZ2HG
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

I really don't care for proxies either. I think I'll re-release this one, but I'm going to mark it better to indicate to newbies (or muggles) that it's a trackable item and not just typical swag. As it is now, it's just in it's plastic sleeve along with the Geocoin club card.

Quoting myself -- so I re-released my Masters of Cache geocoin, only to have it wind up in the hands of a newbie who grabbed it last year then promptly quit caching. ARRRRRRRGGGG! I sent a polite email to him, so we'll see if it helps...

Edited by HoustonControl, 11 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#87 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Another great TB resurrection story -

A few years ago we launched our Series of Unfortunate Caches with TBs Violet, Klaus and Sunny along to share in the adventure. Criffree picked up Klaus, put him in his Cinco Ranch Songs Series Bonus TB Hotel to start him on his journey. True to his backstory, within a few months the cache was muggled, with Klaus still in it, gone from the GC world forever.

Or so we thought. Today I got a notification from GC.com that a local cacher named ZeRiddler had picked Klaus up from Random Post (GC2HN5P), not far from where he originally disappeared. I don't know how he got there and I don't care. Klaus is back in the game!!!

Now I just have to pay criff back for the 7 or 8 TBs and GCs he has guiltily slipped me through the years...

Oh, and thanks ZeRiddler!

So an excellent update to this TB resurrection story. One year ago Klaus came back into the game having travelled less than 10 miles from home in three years and missing as long. Today I got a notification he was going from England to the Netherlands to learn some new things. I checked and he has been over 5000 miles this year. It may be that my faith in TBs has been restored. Maybe...

#88 zoothornrollo

zoothornrollo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationClear Lake City

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

We are hoping to retrieve our "G.I. Joel" TB that was launched in Upstate NY in July 2009 with a goal of coming back to Houston. It got as far as Alabama before being taken to Scotland, then Washington State! It is now in Colorado after traveling almost 16,000 miles and is in the hands of a newbie. We contacted him and are hoping to arrange the grab when we drive through there in two weeks. It would be great to take it to Hawaii with us, add more miles, and have a reunion with the "real" G. I Joel before finally making it back to Houston.

#89 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Success! We picked up our "G. I. Joel" TB earlier today near Denver. Now it can travel with us to Hawaii and back home to Houston. It will be reunited with the real Joel and we'll photograph the two of them together again then have the TB go to events in the future. While it was never lost, we are thrilled to get it back.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#90 zoothornrollo

zoothornrollo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationClear Lake City

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Bummer! Earlier today we went out of our way to go to a cache called "G. I Joe" near Mountain Home, Idaho....we wanted to dip our "G.I. Joel" TB. When we pulled off the highway to drive up the dirt road to the cache, we saw a No Trespassing sign. :-(

#91 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hey, this coin of mine moved again after almost 2 years of dormancy! http://coord.info/TB2W9ZH
  • Huff-Suter likes this

#92 GeoGeex

GeoGeex

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationBeach City, Texas

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

4 months ago my Geico TB went missing http://coord.info/TB473CJ

I just received this email:

==========================================================================================

Hello,

Well....have a story for you!

I was the last one to have your geico trackable. Placed it in one of my caches that eventually ended up missing. Since no one had logged that they took it I just assumed it was also missing.

Well, my neighbors know that we are geocachers.

They knew of someone that had tried geocaching and picked up 2 trackables but didn't do anything with them.
Darn....Is this what happens when trackables go missing? So frustrating! We have lost several.

When I found out that they had trackables I told her that they really needed to bring them to me and I would put them in a cache.......

Well.....guess what. Your geico was one that they picked up and just didn't log. So.....I now have it and will get it traveling again. Took a little road trip with it and will get caught up on logging tomorrow....

Happy ending!! Karen of Team Jags

==========================================================================================

Sweet!
Posted Image

#93 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Picked up a Jeep TB today that had been in a puzzle for a while. It was a resurrected Jeep from a few years ago but was dropped of 30 months ago with only one log since nearly two years ago.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sooooo, the link to the Jeep TB actually went to the cache itself. So I clicked on "View past Trackables" on the cache page to see what kind of jeep TB it was. But it was kind of lost in the 100 trackables you dipped in the cache, including 60 belonging to other cachers and 14 other Jeep TB's. Do trackables ever reach escape velocity once they're in you possession? :huh:
  • cachestacker likes this

#95 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Sorry I dipped them for mileage and have been picking them up for about a month. I am headed to the Block Party and dropping them all off in the area. I usually don't keep Tb's for very long but when I logged these I specifically stated where and when I was going and only had one CO reply back and wanted me to drop a TB sooner. I will be dropping off sets of jeeps in caches in the area as well. Hopefully they keep going. The Jeep Reference for it is TBH4MX. The other ones I have with me are my coins including one of yours.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Well, that makes sense and I did see my HC coin in the mix. Sorry for the callout -- I was a bit perturbed about something else when I wrote that and kind of regretted it this morning. :disappoint:

I know of a "retired" cacher from the Beaumont area with like 8 yellow jeep TB's in one of her archived caches. I contacted her, volunteering to get them back into circulation but never got a reply.

#97 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

Well, that makes sense and I did see my HC coin in the mix. Sorry for the callout -- I was a bit perturbed about something else when I wrote that and kind of regretted it this morning. :disappoint:

I know of a "retired" cacher from the Beaumont area with like 8 yellow jeep TB's in one of her archived caches. I contacted her, volunteering to get them back into circulation but never got a reply.

No offense taken. I know of some cachers who hoard TB's like they are gold. Yes that happens a lot. I have had a few jeeps with me for a while but gladly bring them to events so people can get their picture with them. I try to trade out and move them along pretty quickly. There are two cachers. One in the top 5 in the world in Stats who have about 1200 jeeps in their hands right now.

Edited by Log Dawgs, 08 August 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

I launched a lizard TB for a friend of my at work who as a deathly fear of them to show her how TBs work. She sees me with coins and TBs sometimes ater the UFO events. So I launch one and send it to her homeland (Louisiana). Gets retreived and dropped. Then retreived and never heard from again, from a guy with 20-something finds who will not reply to emails.

This was in 8/08. So in 8/11 I use the copy tag and do a relaunch but never got arond to setting the copy free. Now glad I didn't 8/12 -- a year to the day of giving up on it, it was found and moving again.

http://coord.info/TB27CTA

Never made it far to begin with, but cool it did find the caching world again after so long!
Posted Image

#99 Benttandem

Benttandem

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

My HCGS 2009 Racer Repack Racer - http://coord.info/TB2K4DN - stopped moving in western Germany back about the first of the year. Then early this month something like 85 logs were posted by the same cacher and the bug had moved all over Germany. The holder then dropped it off. It was picked up by another cacher and is now sitting in a hiking hut near the Barhorn in Switzerland at 7250 meters. It looks like the hut is has visitors in the summer so I hope it gets picked up again before the really cold weather sits in.
  • pindroppers74 likes this

#100 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

You don't get logs on dips/visits. But you do on drops. If you look at the Your TB page, and click on the 'sort by last log' box, it will show you last activity, which will include the ones being moved and dipped but just not placed yet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users