140 replies to this topic

#61 GeoGeex

GeoGeex

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBeach City, Texas

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

That's really cool!  It's interesting to note that on May 15th, kianlo reported that there were no TBs in the cache. The very next log is the cacher who has logged the TB. There must be someone out there that caches and doesn't log...which probably explains why the TB wasn't logged either...
Posted Image

#62 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

That's really cool!  It's interesting to note that on May 15th, kianlo reported that there were no TBs in the cache. The very next log is the cacher who has logged the TB. There must be someone out there that caches and doesn't log...which probably explains why the TB wasn't logged either...

I've been thinking on similar lines. Someone who took it originally, before the cache was muggled, then forgot about it or dropped out of the game for awhile, then rediscovered both the TB and caching. I'm just happy Klaus is back!

#63 kianlo

kianlo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationSugar Land

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

There are lots  of cachers out there that cache but don't log.  Heck, some of them even get FTFs.  We were 2TF on The Schwa was here and FTF never logged it.  TravelingGeek caches with his sons and I think they don't (or rarely) log.  Ramblinrus, who hides amazingly cammoed caches, rarely finds and doesn't log (I think).

As for the cache in question, it's possible I ..... ahem, "missed" the coin.  Although, if I noted there were no TBs, it's likely I thought there should be and there were none there.  In any case, it's cool that the coin came back.

#64 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

My wife and I have a cache in Huntsville that is a hidden matchstick container.  I was greatly surprised when someone posted that they had left a travel bug, so I checked.  No bug.  So I emailed them, and they told me that another geocacher was there at the time, and that they had given them (the other geocacher) a travel bug.  The second geocacher never logged the find, and has never logged the travel bug.

I also wonder if it is possible for someone to invisibly log finds--somehow their find stats go up, but there isn't a record in geocaching.com of the increasing number of finds. ???

#65 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Sometimes it takes people a little while to log finds. Sometimes people don't log their finds. Sometimes people move TBs without logging them.

Crazy. I know.

#66 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

I of course would never do any of those things.

#67 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

There are lots  of cachers out there that cache but don't log.  Heck, some of them even get FTFs.  We were 2TF on The Schwa was here and FTF never logged it.  TravelingGeek caches with his sons and I think they don't (or rarely) log.  Ramblinrus, who hides amazingly cammoed caches, rarely finds and doesn't log (I think).

As for the cache in question, it's possible I ..... ahem, "missed" the coin.  Although, if I noted there were no TBs, it's likely I thought there should be and there were none there.  In any case, it's cool that the coin came back.

It is a TB tag attached to a pair of Harry Potter glasses. You would not have missed them.

It is the specifics of this case that astound me. The TB was placed Nov. '08 in a cache that was not logged again until Feb. '09, and then only to be reported muggled. The TB was thought to be lost during that time period.

Jump forward 2 1/2 years and it turns up in a cache just a couple of miles from the first, but one that did not exist 2 1/2 years earlier. If fact not only did the cache not exist, but the person who placed it had not started caching yet. Nor had Kianlo who was the last to visit the cache before it turned up and had reported no TBs. Nor had the cacher who found it and started the TB back in motion.

It really did just reappeared out of nowhere.

#68 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

For the travel bug that never showed up (a direct hand-off to another geocacher) it was back in April.  I had the name of the cacher who was receiving the travel bug, but when I checked geocaching.com, that name wasn't listed.

#69 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

I had a TB sitting with a guy since July, 2009 after only a few hops.  I e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago and he apologized - he forgot.  He dipped it in a Vermont cache, where it has been or 2 years, and uploaded a bunch of photos of it at Vermont Teddy Bear, Ben & Jerry's, maple syrup factor, etc. etc. a week or so ago, and today he dropped it in a cache in Oklahoma.  Yea.  Maybe it can move again!
Posted Image

#70 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Last drop was by CO in his own cache on 8/1/2008.

Today I got this log -- nearly 3 years later:

Cachestacker's 2008 Evil Micro Geocoin is found!! Its last location Travel Bug Bed & Breakfast had construction going on in the area. While checking on the cache location, saw a gleam coming from a crevice between 2 large boulders near the cache location & decided to investigate. Found a few travel bugs which had been missing from the cache. Suspect that a previous cacher set the bugs on one of the boulders & they fell off. Thankful that the sun was angled just right to reflect off a travel bug tag. Cleaned mud off Cachestacker's 2008 Evil Micro Geocoin & will place it in a different cache to get it moving.

Yea!
Posted Image

#71 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

That is great news. I just love happy endings!

#72 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

She made it!

http://coord.info/TB1EWKB
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#73 jimjoandcourt

jimjoandcourt

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

That's so cool that it got there.  I'm happy for you HC!

#74 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

She made it!

http://coord.info/TB1EWKB

If this were Facebook, I'd post a 'Like'! O0

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#75 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

Another coin back from the dead. Sweet! http://www.geocachin...tracker=TB1Q2NK :D
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#76 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Another coin back from the dead. Sweet! http://www.geocachin...tracker=TB1Q2NK

O0

Posted Image

#77 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

O0
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#78 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'd really like to thank Parker Plus for showing our Klaus the TB (TB27EQD) around after his recent resurrection and then passing him off to some folks going to the UK. After a three year absence it is nice to see him finally getting an adventure! :D

#79 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

I grabbed a cache today that had not been found in 17 months and there was a geocoin that had been in the cache for 2 years. Since there were a few finders since the coin was dropped the owner had assumed it was long gone. When I opened up the cache and saw it I was amazed. I posted my note tonight on the geocoin's page. The owner emailed me immediately and was elated. I told her I would take it to Dallas with me a drop it in a good cache for her. I hope this one gets back on its feet and moves along. The coin has been moving since 2007 so I was glad I could resurrect it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Back after 3.5 years.

http://www.geocachin...?tracker=TBGQ5M

Trying to get info from the cachers that found it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users