143 replies to this topic

#21 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Gives me hope that my Caching for my dad TB will turn up.  I last saw it when I released it one year ago today at the Houston event I attended.  It survived Ike, was logged into Groundspeak last October and never heard from again. 
There is no adventure without risk.

#22 skyfire97

skyfire97

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCypress

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:46 PM

My story isn't as impressive as some, but I am glad to say that one of my racers from 2008 has resurfaced after a year and half.  It lasted 3 months in the race and then just seemed to disappear.....disappeared from Georgia to New York.  I wonder if someone maybe picked it up, forgot to log and a got embarrassed about the amount of time they kept it, so just dropped it in the next cache they came to after discovering they still had it.  Just glad it is now back in play.

#23 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

WOW.... one of the first tb's I released is back in action... after almost 5 years of being MIA.. Krayola

#24 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

WOW.... one of the first tb's I released is back in action... after almost 5 years of being MIA.. Krayola

Wow that was a long nap for that puppy
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 The Hazelnuts

The Hazelnuts

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

I think that is the longest MIA I've ever heard of! Love it.

#26 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

This must be MY YEAR for lost tb's to be put back in action. My Cass Family Smiley #1 is back in action after more than 2 years being MIA. It has almost 20K miles on it and been out since 2005. Love it when they get going again.!!

#27 teamCull

teamCull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

My best TB ressurection story is this:  I picked up a TB in San Diego in 2008.  I released it here and never thought anymore about it.  I hit a cache in Clear Lake and found it there.  When I read the log, it said that that TB had dissappeared about a year ago, from that very cache.  The cache had been hit often, so it was weird that no one else had seen it until I got there.  ???  Go figure!

#28 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

i have one tb in my name that houston control gave to me in a cache and the first cache i put in in almost a year ago i guess now it went missing it really made me mad i dont hardly have any miles on it and i went to the cache i put it in in college station about 6 months after i put it there and it was no longer in the cache i really hope that it pops back up somewhere but i cant believe it went missing that quick

#29 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Missing TB's and coins seems to be getting worse with the flood of new cachers the phone apps have brought about.  Just my opinion, but it seems to be the case. :-[
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#30 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

My favorite TB, Angry Bob's, has been missing for two months, last logged by this Oregon cacher. Sent him an e-mail so I'm pretty optimistic...

Attached Files

#31 shepherdclan

shepherdclan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationHOUSTON

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Oh my, maybe zoom in on the hair, maybe its stuck in there somewhere.

#32 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

I picked up a TB in a Washington cache on the way to GW was last logged into a Tennessee event in April 2007.  It is moving again.

To follow up on my post from a little over a year ago, my Caching for my Dad TB turned up at GW after being missing for nearly two years.
There is no adventure without risk.

#33 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

One of my lost GeoCoins has been found!  O0 O0 O0

This Geocoin http://www.geocachin...tracker=TB2DMQ4 disappeared in Jan 2009 and was recently found in Huntsville State Park by Rich & Lola. I had resigned myself to putting this one in the loss column. A happy ending...I may bring it home for a while.  ;)

#34 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Yay, good deal!  O0 O0  Bring it home, bring it home!!

One of my lost GeoCoins has been found!  O0 O0 O0

This Geocoin http://www.geocachin...tracker=TB2DMQ4 disappeared in Jan 2009 and was recently found in Huntsville State Park by Rich & Lola. I had resigned myself to putting this one in the loss column. A happy ending...I may bring it home for a while.  ;)

#35 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

I discovered a TB today in LaPorte but I didn't take it. Turns out, it hasn't been seen since May of 2007!! I made sure to log that I had discovered it along with the GC number of the cache where it was.

#36 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

May not be the Best TB resurrection story but here goes. 

I was looking for any Travel Bugs in and around Deer Park last week and there were several listed. 

I remembered NEBULUS703 had made a comment on this website about finding a travel bug in La Porte.  Checking on all of the caches in and around La Porte, I found where John had made a Discovery log for a bug in the CITY OF LA PORTE HISTORY.  Making my way down here last weekend,  I stopped by the cache and found the travel Bug.

Checking the story of the bug,  #500391 - CURIOUS TRAVELER,  I saw where the bug was last dropped in a cache in Massachusetts in April of 2007.  Where it has been for the last three and one half years and who/when  dropped it down here in La Porte, we don't know.  But it back on board and will be moving again shortly. 

#37 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

May not be the Best TB resurrection story but here goes. 

I was looking for any Travel Bugs in and around Deer Park last week and there were several listed. 

I remembered NEBULUS703 had made a comment on this website about finding a travel bug in La Porte.  Checking on all of the caches in and around La Porte, I found where John had made a Discovery log for a bug in the CITY OF LA PORTE HISTORY.  Making my way down here last weekend,  I stopped by the cache and found the travel Bug.

Checking the story of the bug,  #500391 - CURIOUS TRAVELER,  I saw where the bug was last dropped in a cache in Massachusetts in April of 2007.  Where it has been for the last three and one half years and who/when  dropped it down here in La Porte, we don't know.  But it back on board and will be moving again shortly.

woohoo.... Love it when I hear stories like this.

#38 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

You need to "dip" it in the cache so it gets the miles!  O0
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#39 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Will do

#40 teamCull

teamCull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

A couple of months ago, someone wrote me saying they had found one of my missing TB's in a garage sale.  They returned it to a nearby cache.

David  :teasing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users