54 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

I took both of these pictures while out caching today.  (phone camera, not so great)

Here's the good part:

Posted Image

Here's the BAD part:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Was Mrs. MB with you?  I heard she likes snakes  ::)
Posted Image

#3 FamilieRyan

FamilieRyan

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN29 43.150, w095 45.800

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Where were you?  Is that a Cottonmouth?  Thanks for the pics.

#4 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Was Mrs. MB with you?  I heard she likes snakes  ::)

No.  She was far away and safe from the evil snakes.
Posted Image

#5 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Where were you?  Is that a Cottonmouth?  Thanks for the pics.

The snake picture was on the way back from FTFC#61.
The Bluebonnets were east of Otto's Picnic closer to Fry Road.
Posted Image

#6 cachecow_queen

cachecow_queen

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationColdspring

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

And I freaked out over the little green garter snake I grabbed today while searching for a cache...  It didn't occur to me the big boys would be out too. 
It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by buzzards.

#7 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

As I went away to Trainer's Weekend at GS Camp, I told Mr. Muddy Buddy to be careful and when I come back he's telling me about seeing 2 snakes and falling down a hill and skinning up his arm.  He also walked about 7 1/2 miles and rode his bike 15 miles.  I think this was one weekend that I think that I was glad that I was relaxing and socializing at GS camp while he was going through boot camp geocaching. 
Posted Image

#8 The Pieman

The Pieman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationOcean Shores, Wa

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

That reminds me.
Has anyone seen or heard from Fisk?
He has my snake stick!

#9 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

Well now I know what cottonmouths look like in "strike postion"  Did the snake every strike or did it slther away?

#10 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:44 AM

Well now I know what cottonmouths look like in "strike postion"  Did the snake every strike or did it slther away?

The darn thing didn't move except to rotate it's head as we walked around it. The guys kept getting closer to get a good picture. I got as far away from the action as I could and still watch. Seriously, I was behind Fendmar and if he didn't actually step right on it then it was right next to it. He really did jump straight up and back. Very lucky day for Mike!

#11 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Fendmar must attract those things.  I believe he was nearby in GBP when gsguru and Mrs. MoreLeft almost stepped on this guy:

Posted Image
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#12 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Not a friendly looking creature is he?

#13 jimjoandcourt

jimjoandcourt

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

I was doing yard work yesterday and saw a snake under one of our landscaping rocks after I had picked it up.  I swear I did three back-flips and a kip getting away from that thing.  One of the neighbors who was also out doing some work came running over cause he was afraid I was going insane.  Of course, after he saw how small the snake was, he just couldn't stop laughing.  In hindsight, it was pretty funny.

#14 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

Note to Self:  Make sure and stay at least 10 paces behind Fendmar while caching.....  ;)

Fendmar must attract those things.  I believe he was nearby in GBP when gsguru and Mrs. MoreLeft almost stepped on this guy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

Well from the looks of all the closeups taken by the professional photographers we have out there in our GC Foroum, they open their mouth as a warning more than strking.  I guess you really need to threaten them to strike, like stepping on them or something.  I just want to know home much time I have to "skidaddle" on out of there when I see that mouth open?!

#16 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

Well from the looks of all the closeups taken by the professional photographers we have out there in our GC Foroum, they open their mouth as a warning more than strking.  I guess you really need to threaten them to strike, like stepping on them or something.  I just want to know home much time I have to "skidaddle" on out of there when I see that mouth open?!

I wouldn't advise trying to find out.
Posted Image

#17 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

I believe one of my first TFC #61 is located.  I almost step on him.  All I could see was a pink mouth.
Posted Image

#18 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

Here's another sight that we happened upon while out caching... in Phoenix, Arizona.
It certainly reminded us of the SETX folks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

We saw something pretty funny while out caching yesterday.  First we had gone to a cache called Muddy Waters.  To get to you we went along a road that lead down under a bridge to the water.  We went one direction to the cache, but I noticed a truck hauling a golf cart behind them.  The dad and son got out and went towards the water and came back with a beer bottle.  I thought that it was odd that they looked like they were picking up trash but would only pick up one piece of trash and left.  I didn't think anything more about it until we we got back up on the main road and we were driving along and I happened to notice a vehicle parked on the side of the road and near the vehicle was a dead armadillo that was on its back.  The funny part was that this armadillo was now holding a beer bottle.  The vehicle beside this armadillo was the one that we had seen near the cache retrieving a beer bottle.  The mystery was solved as to why these 2 guys had only grabbed one beer bottle.  I would have liked to have taken a picture, but Stan didn't want to turn around. 
Posted Image

#20 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

We saw something pretty funny while out caching yesterday.  First we had gone to a cache called Muddy Waters.  To get to you we went along a road that lead down under a bridge to the water.   We went one direction to the cache, but I noticed a truck hauling a golf cart behind them.  The dad and son got out and went towards the water and came back with a beer bottle.  I thought that it was odd that they looked like they were picking up trash but would only pick up one piece of trash and left.  I didn't think anything more about it until we we got back up on the main road and we were driving along and I happened to notice a vehicle parked on the side of the road and near the vehicle was a dead armadillo that was on its back.  The funny part was that this armadillo was now holding a beer bottle.  The vehicle beside this armadillo was the one that we had seen near the cache retrieving a beer bottle.  The mystery was solved as to why these 2 guys had only grabbed one beer bottle.   I would have liked to have taken a picture, but Stan didn't want to turn around.   

STAN!  You can't give up on a priceless photo op like that!!!  :)    Kathy, you need to be more assertive!  :D

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users